Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Draft Position Should I Pick?
10-team league.

I have the #3 pick in choosing my draft location and #1 and #2 have already been taken. Do I choose pick 6 or 7 and grab Evans or Gordon? I'm looking to grab Jordan Howard in the second.

I'm thinking about moving away from taking a running back in the first and second and thinking maybe receiver in the first and back in the second. With Winston's new weapons, I'm thinking that Evans should have a big year, and then I can take Howard in the second when it comes back around.

However, with Rivers and the Chargers' high powered offense, that could mean big numbers for Gordon.

With Zeke's suspension, do I need to choose 6th if I want Evans because everyone will move up a spot?

Do I pick third or fourth and take Brown or Beckham?

Do I take Julio in the first?

With DeSean Jackson and OJ Howard, the Bucs offense is bound to be explosive, and that's not even considering that the Muscle Hamster is in the backfield, so Evans should put up big numbers.

Regardless, I'd love to get Jordan Howard in the second.

Leaning towards 6.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply/Quote
I'm at 9 in my draft tonight. Hoping to get the #3 RB (Howard probably) and AJ Green in round 2.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
In my opinion, take the best WR at 3 and take Howard if he falls. Otherwise take gurley or miller (both might outproduce Howard, and would take Both over Howard personally)

If you wait until 6/7 then you may not have a great 3rd round pick. If you pick top 3 you may land 3 elite players, and have a strength over your opponents on weekly basis. 2 Wr1 or 2 rb1 or Gronk.

You don't necessarily win your league in the first 3 rounds, it busting in the top 3 rounds is the quickest way to lose

Just my opinion
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 05:45 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: In my opinion, take the best WR at 3 and take Howard if he falls. Otherwise take gurley or miller (both might outproduce Howard, and would take Both over Howard personally)

If you wait until 6/7 then you may not have a great 3rd round pick. If you pick top 3 you may land 3 elite players, and have a strength over your opponents on weekly basis. 2 Wr1 or 2 rb1 or Gronk.

You don't necessarily win your league in the first 3 rounds, it busting in the top 3 rounds is the quickest way to lose

Just my opinion

So you think I should take Brown or Beckham at 3 and then Gurley or Miller in two?
Reply/Quote
Went with sixth.

I originally took third with the plan of drafting Brown, which I think he'll have a big year, especially with Bryant opposite him, but I felt like the good backs I wanted would be gone in two. There's always the chance that Ben plays unreal in his (supposed) final year, and my pick looks stupid passing on him, but there's also the chance that Ben gets hurt.

Planning on taking Evans with the first pick because he never had anyone to take the pressure off of him, but DeSean Jackson and OJ Howard should do amazing things for his season. I think his floor is top five and his ceiling is to possibly be the top receiver.

Still hoping Howard falls to me in the second, but could go DeMarco Murray if he doesn't or maybe even McCoy falls.

I still think that maybe I should have gone with three because I don't like there being that many picks between my picks because then I don't know who is more likely to be available when it comes back around.

Any advice would be great!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 09:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Went with sixth.

I originally took third with the plan of drafting Brown, which I think he'll have a big year, especially with Bryant opposite him, but I felt like the good backs I wanted would be gone in two.  There's always the chance that Ben plays unreal in his (supposed) final year, and my pick looks stupid passing on him, but there's also the chance that Ben gets hurt.

Planning on taking Evans with the first pick because he never had anyone to take the pressure off of him, but DeSean Jackson and OJ Howard should do amazing things for his season.  I think his floor is top five and his ceiling is to possibly be the top receiver.  

Still hoping Howard falls to me in the second, but could go DeMarco Murray if he doesn't or maybe even McCoy falls.

I still think that maybe I should have gone with three because I don't like there being that many picks between my picks because then I don't know who is more likely to be available when it comes back around.

I always hate being in the middle of the round. I feel better being able to take 2 guys close together, whether it's at the top or bottom of the pecking order. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 06:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you think I should take Brown or Beckham at 3 and then Gurley or Miller in two?

Looks like you picked sixth, but that's what I would have done.

Gurley is primed for a bounce back with better OL play.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 09:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Went with sixth.

I originally took third with the plan of drafting Brown, which I think he'll have a big year, especially with Bryant opposite him, but I felt like the good backs I wanted would be gone in two. There's always the chance that Ben plays unreal in his (supposed) final year, and my pick looks stupid passing on him, but there's also the chance that Ben gets hurt.

Planning on taking Evans with the first pick because he never had anyone to take the pressure off of him, but DeSean Jackson and OJ Howard should do amazing things for his season. I think his floor is top five and his ceiling is to possibly be the top receiver.

Well, I don't really know what to tell you now. McCoy, green, Evans?

At this point the only surefire RB (top 5) is david Johnson bc bell is holding out for no reason. He can't even get an extension if he wanted too, well not with the steelers anyway. So maybe bell falls to you? Then it might be worth the risk. If zeke gets 2 games that's an option as well more than that and too early.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 09:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I always hate being in the middle of the round. I feel better being able to take 2 guys close together, whether it's at the top or bottom of the pecking order. 
That's typically what I like doing but for some reason I panicked and took the sixth spot.

The reason was that I wanted Evans, and picking at the end probably would have left me taking AJ and Gronk, which Gronk will get hurt and who knows with AJ because of our offensive line.
(08-13-2017, 09:40 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Looks like you picked sixth, but that's what I would have done.

Gurley is primed for a bounce back with better OL play.
Watkins could help, but I think Goff is pretty bad and teams stack the line.
(08-13-2017, 09:45 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Well, I don't really know what to tell you now. McCoy, green, Evans?

At this point the only surefire RB (top 5) is david Johnson bc bell is holding out for no reason. He can't even get an extension if he wanted too,  well not with the steelers anyway.  So maybe bell falls to you? Then it might be worth the risk.  If zeke gets 2 games that's an option as well more than that and too early.

Zeke could be an option if it gets reduced to two games, but six is too many to wait of your first round pick to produce.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 10:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's typically what I like doing but for some reason I panicked and took the sixth spot.

The reason was that I wanted Evans, and picking at the end probably would have left me taking AJ and Gronk, which Gronk will get hurt and who knows with AJ because of our offensive line.

Zeke could be an option if it gets reduced to two games, but six is too many to wait of your first round pick to produce.

Haha, well At least we agree on zeke!!

Good luck this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 10:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's typically what I like doing but for some reason I panicked and took the sixth spot.

You can't live your life in fear, Bradley. Mellow

Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 11:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You can't live your life in fear, Bradley. Mellow

Wink

Bell, Gronk, Watkins... I'll take all of them if the price is right. Can't predict injury.

And I'll take elite high upside talent alL day everyday. Fantasy is A week to week game.

Honestly if you just take fantasy pros ADP sheet (it takes all the websites and combines them) and use that and go BPa that also fits your league rules and rosters, it's almost a slam dunk to get the best team. Bye weeks don't matter, same team doesn't matter, and kickers don't matter. Depending on your league the D/ST could
Be relevant, but they are always my second to last pick too.

For what it's worth I've won 5/6 leagues totaling over $2,000, drafting this way, the last 3 years and the only time I lost was a fluky dalton thumb. You still Have to be active in FA but draft is 80% of it.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 11:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Bell, Gronk, Watkins... I'll take all of them if the price is right.  Can't predict injury.

And I'll take elite high upside talent alL day everyday.  Fantasy is A week to week game.  

Honestly if you just take fantasy pros ADP sheet (it takes all the websites and combines them) and use that and go BPa that also fits your league rules and rosters, it's almost a slam dunk to get the best team. Bye weeks don't matter, same team doesn't matter, and kickers don't matter.  Depending on your league the D/ST could
Be relevant, but they are always my second to last pick too.

For what it's worth I've won 5/6 leagues totaling over $2,000, drafting this way, the last 3 years and the only time I lost was a fluky dalton thumb.  You still Have to be active in FA but draft is 80% of it.

Looks pretty legit.  

Only has the rankings of two sites up right now.

Does that have an ap for iPad so I can take it to a draft?
Reply/Quote