Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Era of Bengals did you enjoy the Most?
Just light discussion here, probably been up before, but thought I would ask. What era of Bengals football did you enjoy the most.. The 70's? 80's? 90s?, 00s? (that doesn't look right) 10's? (what the H) 68-71 era? Ken Anderson Era? Boomer Era? Jeff Blake Era, Carson Era? Andy Era? or any other year that is not given here...

I think my favorite era was the 37-41 era those were good times. I remember that pigskin like it was yesterday, throwing that wobbly ball in the air, and watching the expression of the pig was priceless.
Reply/Quote
When Kenny Anderson was in his prime and the 1981 season for sure!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 02:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: When Kenny Anderson was in his prime and the 1981 season for sure!

Nice! 1981 Cincinnati Bengals

G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
16 479 300 62.6 29.9 3,754 7.8 234.6 29 6.1 10 2.1 74T 0 0 25 140 98.4
Reply/Quote
The first Bengal game i ever saw was our 2nd SB against the Niners and then after that came the dreaded 90's.

I would say this era right now is my favorite with Andy, AJ, Burfict, Geno and Dunlap. Hope we can find a way to make it
past the first round of the Playoffs and win the big one with these guys, Whitworth deserves a ring before he retires.

We all do for that matter, we have put up with more than the average fan base.
Reply/Quote
This Era. But it's coming to an end soon.

I heard it was decided over tuna on rye.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The first Bengal game i every saw was our 2nd SB against the Niners and then after that came the dreaded 90's.

I would say this era right now is my favorite with Andy, AJ, Burfict, Geno and Dunlap. Hope we can find a way to make it
past the first round of the Playoffs and win the big one with these guys, Whitworth deserves a ring before he retires.

We all do for that matter, we have put up with more than the average fan base.

I dont know if it is nostalgia or what but boomer and ickey woods james brooks Sam Wyche just seems like the best era..  However I was younger then.. so it might be Nostalgia kicking in..  This window feels like it is closing but I know those guys you mention have some major football in them..  fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 02:53 PM)TGISunday Wrote: This Era.  But it's coming to an end soon.

I heard it was decided over tuna on rye.

Smirk LOL!  TOO MUCH TUNA.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 02:56 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I dont know if it is nostalgia or what but boomer and ickey woods james brooks Sam Wyche just seems like the best era..  However I was younger then.. so it might be Nostalgia kicking in..  This window feels like it is closing but I know those guys you mention have some major football in them..  fingers crossed.

Yeah, i was just too young to enjoy that era like i can today.

It was that era that made me a Bengals fan, that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
The 90's. I loved knowing the losses were coming so I could go do other things on Sundays. Ninja

Kidding. I liked the mid-2000's because I really enjoyed watching Chad.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
2005-2006(7-ish).

If only they had anything even resembling a defense (I.e. Anybody but Bresnahan at DC)
Reply/Quote
This era and I don't think its coming to an end but it is in winter.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Boomer/Wyche era, and it ain't even close.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 04:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boomer/Wyche era, and it ain't even close.

Bullseye!
Reply/Quote
Boomer and Sam. What a great team. But star crossed for the Super Bowl. Stanley Wilson debacle, followed by losing Tim Krumrie in the first quarter. Two major assets for us, one on each side of the ball. Still, we damn near had it.
Reply/Quote
I became a fan in 98. So this era has been my favorite so far.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I live in the present. Every season is my favorite season all the way back to 1981.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
80's definitely. I loved the 70's too but the Steelers were so damn dominant then it ruined it, because the Bengals had some great units in the 70s but that Steel curtain was too much..
Reply/Quote
I'll let you know when it happens.

If you force me to choose, it is the Dalton/Green era.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 04:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boomer/Wyche era, and it ain't even close.

I think I am with you on this...  I remember half the team coming to a gym and playing basketball and they were just laid back people..  so cool.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 04:46 PM)jason Wrote: I live in the present. Every season is my favorite season all the way back to 1981.

I like your spunk kid!!  
Reply/Quote