Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again?
If Taylor is calling the plays, what does Brian Callahan do? Does he set play alignments? Does he recommend the 3 plays to Taylor? Does Callahan do with the Bengals what Bieniemy does with the Chiefs? Does anyone know?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 02:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Taylor is calling the plays, what does Brian Callahan do?  Does he set play alignments?  Does he recommend the 3 plays to Taylor?  Does Callahan do with the Bengals what Bieniemy does with the Chiefs?  Does anyone know?

I honestly don't know Psych.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
I'd say he plays a big part in scouting the upcoming opponent and developing schemes.

He also runs the offense in practice while Zac is coaching the heads.
Reply/Quote
Whatever he does, it's not good enough.
Reply/Quote
He implements the game plan with the players in the meeting room I assume.
Reply/Quote
...the same thing Eric Bienemy does in KC, Greg Olson does in Oakland, Pete Carmichael in New Orleans, Mike Groh in Philly, and Curtis Modkins does in San Fran.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...the same thing Eric Bienemy does in KC, Greg Olson does in Oakland, Pete Carmichael in New Orleans, Mike Groh in Philly, and Curtis Modkins does in San Fran.

Most of those guys are actually successful at it though.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Most of those guys are actually successful at it though.

No, they are on teams that are successful. We actually have no idea what they are doing and how big an impact they have. I'd venture to say their impact on each team is varying based on the structure the head coach has set up. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: whatudohere.jpg]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, they are on teams that are successful. We actually have no idea what they are doing and how big an impact they have. I'd venture to say their impact on each team is varying based on the structure the head coach has set up. 

So those guys had the title of OC. ZT was the Assistant WR Coach the 1st year hew as with the Rams and QB Coach last year...

Hardly driving the Rams towards success.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So those guys had the title of OC. ZT was the Assistant WR Coach the 1st year hew as with the Rams and QB Coach last year...

Hardly driving the Rams towards success.

What are you talking about? This thread is about Brian Callahan being the OC, what does Taylor have to do with anything? 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:46 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: [Image: whatudohere.jpg]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5028191]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 02:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Taylor is calling the plays, what does Brian Callahan do?  Does he set play alignments?  Does he recommend the 3 plays to Taylor?  Does Callahan do with the Bengals what Bieniemy does with the Chiefs?  Does anyone know?

He may not call the plays but I'm sure he works along side of Taylor to create the plays that Taylor will call. Besides that I'm sure he does what all other OC do outside of game day, prep the offense for the up coming game, review tape, etc... 
Reply/Quote

helps design the plays and install the offense during the week.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Most of those guys are actually successful at it though.

successful at not calling plays?
Reply/Quote

He makes Zac's samiches  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 06:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: successful at not calling plays?

Their team wins. So we can either assume their teams win despite them doing nothing...or that they do something that helps.
Reply/Quote
I guess if we ask what job duties an OC has and then eliminate play calling, yeeah, he does all that.

Reply/Quote
So does Callahan recommend plays to Taylor during game, then doesn't Taylor give Dalton 3 plays to choose from?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
He bangs Zac's wife in the locker room from 1-4pm on Sundays...
Reply/Quote