Poll: Should we be looking for an upgrade at Kicker?
Yes, bring in someone else to compete
No, we should keep Nugent
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we be looking for an upgrade at Kicker?
Absolutely time to at least look at someone else.

Buckeye bias aside (admit it, some of you fans support Nugent solely based on that fact), he's been very average these past couple of years (and has missed more than his fair share of routine field goals). He's done some great things for us in the past (I'll never forget his game winner against buffalo in 2011), but we can and probably should do better.
Reply/Quote
Hell yes. We had a replacement with Brown and the old man dug in his heels. We had a replacement with Sharp and the old man stuck his fingers in his ears. We'll probably see somebody worthy this year or next, and that old fool won't pull the trigger.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The kicker from Florida State is automatic. Spend a pick on him and quit wasting energy stressing about every kick
Reply/Quote
stay where pie is nose.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely, when the coaches won't call on you to kick a 40yd field goal in a playoff game it means they don't trust you. Nugent has had his solid moments as a Bengal, but we really need an upgrade at the position.
Reply/Quote
We should, but we won't Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 01:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The kicker from Florida State is automatic. Spend a pick on him and quit wasting energy stressing about every kick

I don't follow college ball, so I had to look him up. Apparently Aguayo is the most accurate kicker % wise in NCAA history.

CBS predicts he'll be the first kicker selected in the first 100 picks since... Mike Nugent. 

I'd spend a 4th on him in a heartbeat.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
'Yes' should be 100% of the vote. If he is back next year after being below league average for awhile now, then the Bengals are still the Bengals underneath the shiny regular seasons they have gotten good at.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Of course! We have to keep him for those clutch, long-range field goals!

Josh Brown is playing for the Giants now anyway and wasn't good enough to beat out Nugent!
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 12:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't follow college ball, so I had to look him up. Apparently Aguayo is the most accurate kicker % wise in NCAA history.

CBS predicts he'll be the first kicker selected in the first 100 picks since... Mike Nugent. 

I'd spend a 4th on him in a heartbeat.

The Jags will take him in the 3rd so Bryan Anger isn't the most hated picks by Jags fans.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote