Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happened With Glenn's Injury?
Saw that he was injured but didn't see how or anything.  

Seemed to be fine when he was walking around, but does anyone know for sure?

Did they take him out just for precaution?
Reply/Quote
You mean Glenn? As far as I can tell it wasn't anything major and that he would have stayed in if it was the regular season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OP needs to change subject name.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:02 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: OP needs to change subject name.

Yeah, if people think Glenn and Price are hurt there could be some serious panicking.

Reply/Quote
I was panicking because I missed most of the game! Nervous
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The entire oline and all the backups are going on injured reserve so Jonathan Brown will be the offensive line the rest of the season . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 07:38 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: You mean Glenn? As far as I can tell it wasn't anything major and that he would have stayed in if it was the regular season.

(08-26-2018, 08:02 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: OP needs to change subject name.

Fixed.  

The few plays that I paid attention, Ogb didn't look horrible in his replacement.
Reply/Quote
No news offiicially but Glenn was still suited to play and on the sidelines conversing with teammates the rest of the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Fixed.  

The few plays that I paid attention, Ogb didn't look horrible in his replacement.

Uh, Brad..  The entire OL, and the backups looked absolutely terrible, when it came to run blocking.  Andy might survive, for the most part, but the team is in trouble.  They don't have guys that can open holes.  Defenses in our division, that already know this team, are going to capitalize.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Glenn gave a thumbs up walking off and Marvin said he is fine for whatever that’s worth according to Jeremy Roach on Twitter
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uh, Brad..  The entire OL, and the backups looked absolutely terrible, when it came to run blocking.  Andy might survive, for the most part, but the team is in trouble.  They don't have guys that can open holes.  Defenses in our division, that already know this team, are going to capitalize.

Didn't look bad at all in pass protection (when I saw), and I agree that they looked bad in run blocking, but there was one play that I paid specific attention to where everyone on the line, especially Ogb, got a solid push.

That was only one play, and they looked horrible up to that point, but all might not be lost.
Reply/Quote
When Ced went in for Glenn, Andy started having no room to step into his throws and had to speed them up.

Not surprisingly, Dalton did not return after that drive.
Reply/Quote
That was called giving a seasoned Vet the rest of the game off
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uh, Brad..  The entire OL, and the backups looked absolutely terrible, when it came to run blocking.  Andy might survive, for the most part, but the team is in trouble.  They don't have guys that can open holes.  Defenses in our division, that already know this team, are going to capitalize.

Need to use the passing game to set up the run game.

These guys besides Glenn and Price have been coached up by PA who was a terrible run blocking coach.

It will come, nice pockets for Dalton to throw out of tonight which is encouraging.

No wonder he looked good, never had a Center give him time in the pocket before....
Reply/Quote

This is what will hold this team back in '18 at a minimum. Too many Oline roster spots need serious upgrading, and there is neither the time nor the resources available to overcome this. It's going to be a fun watch for us this year, with our passing game along with our defense, the front four especially, Special teams look solid too. But when you can't budge the opponents front four, there goes not only yards and points but time of possession/ball control issues will also give the team fits. All else being equal, next year will be the soonest we can expect the kind of winner we've been hoping to see. 

This year should be a good preview though. And that's a helluva lot better than what we've endured the past two seasons.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I guess if I had to pick one phase for them to improve on last year, I would pick the pass blocking, so I'm pretty happy with that. Baffled that they cannot run block though, especially with Redmon being so powerful...
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 07:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Saw that he was injured but didn't see how or anything.  

Seemed to be fine when he was walking around, but does anyone know for sure?

Did they take him out just for precaution?

he was giving the thumbs up on the sideline so they kept him out for precautious measures it seems
Reply/Quote
He dinged his shoulder up.  They just took him out for precautionary reasons.  If that was a regular season game, he probably goes back in.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Do we have anything more on this than "this probably happened"?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Thats what I thought too. It's like the focus was on pass blocking or maybe tried to scheme a little different to conceal regular season play book. But you're right - run blocking on all levels did not look good.
Reply/Quote