Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happened With Glenn's Injury?
(08-27-2018, 06:46 PM)BengalD Wrote: Thats what I thought too.  It's like the focus was on pass blocking or maybe tried to scheme a little different to conceal regular season play book.  But you're right - run blocking on all levels did not look good.

I've expressed my thoughts on the run blocking, in the "The elephant in the room" thread.  Basically, they are still 5 guys playing next to each other, that don't know each other very well, yet.  Give them some time.

On the bright side, at least the center of the pocket now exists on passing plays. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I guess if I had to pick one phase for them to improve on last year, I would pick the pass blocking, so I'm pretty happy with that. Baffled that they cannot run block though, especially with Redmon being so powerful...

I'm starting to smell orange Kool-Aid on you. Sir, Have you been drinking the orange stuff?

(08-27-2018, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: He dinged his shoulder up.  They just took him out for precautionary reasons.  If that was a regular season game, he probably goes back in.

Yep, it was a shoulder ding. They were smart to pull him out just in case there was something there that could have hurt it worse had he kept playing. 

(08-27-2018, 06:46 PM)BengalD Wrote: Thats what I thought too.  It's like the focus was on pass blocking or maybe tried to scheme a little different to conceal regular season play book.  But you're right - run blocking on all levels did not look good.

I think the run blocking will come. But as stated earlier, once you establish the passing game, the run game will get better on its own. If they play against run, our passing game will smoke the crap out of the competition.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 06:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm starting to smell orange Kool-Aid on you. Sir, Have you been drinking the orange stuff?

I have..... Rock On
Reply/Quote
Just a dinged shoulder, no prob. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote