Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happens When Players/Coaches Leave?
You know how I like my 'behind the scenes' stuff!  Cool

What happens when players and/or coaches get traded as far as audibles and such?

In other words, do the Bengals have to change up their audible language each time a player or coach leaves to another team?
Reply/Quote
Audibles are changed on a weekly basis essentially
Reply/Quote
After watching Andrew Hawkins's return to PBS in person two years ago, I'd say that they don't. It was windy and all, but Cleveland seemed to know exactly what the Bengals were doing... Every play. Dalton had a 2 QBR or something like that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 10:04 PM)jason Wrote: After watching Andrew Hawkins's return to PBS in person two years ago, I'd say that they don't. It was windy and all, but Cleveland seemed to know exactly what the Bengals were doing... Every play. Dalton had a 2 QBR or something like that.

Sure seemed that way. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Eox nailed it.

They might use a new words completely, or they might keep the same verbage but change the meaning.

Example of the second option, everyone in the world new that Peyton Manning would say Omaha every game, but it wouldn't mean the same thing week to week.

In fact, sometimes they change it up in game...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
the glue factory
Reply/Quote
Omaha! Omaha! Omaha!

Interpreting the Bible is a snap compared to figuring out what those three words meant when Manning screamed them. And they were but a (recurring) fraction of what he screamed. The world is a strange place, and the football field particularly so.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Even if no players switch teams there is game film available with audio. So audibles have to be changed up from week to week.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 12:12 AM)xxlt Wrote: Omaha! Omaha! Omaha!

Interpreting the Bible is a snap compared to figuring out what those three words meant when Manning screamed them. And they were but a (recurring) fraction of what he screamed. The world is a strange place, and the football field particularly so.
I did hear from Merrill Hoge that the "Omaha..." signalled that every thing said after that was "live". In short, everything Manning barked out before that was bullshit.

I don't know how true that was.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 04:43 PM)jason Wrote: I did hear from Merrill Hoge that the "Omaha..." signalled that every thing said after that was "live". In short, everything Manning barked out before that was bullshit.

I don't know how true that was.

If Hoge said "Omaha" beforehand then you know it is true. If not, then what Hoge said is bullshit. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 08:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Eox nailed it.

They might use a new words completely, or they might keep the same verbage but change the meaning.

Example of the second option, everyone in the world new that Peyton Manning would say Omaha every game, but it wouldn't mean the same thing week to week.

In fact, sometimes they change it up in game...

Exactly. Omaha was used for everything. It was an audible one week to being a word that meant nothing the next week.

You have to change things up because one hiccup can cost you. The Eagles traded Kevin Kolb in 2011 and then played them the following season. The Eagles didn't change too much up so Kolb was telling the Cardinals D what the Eagles were going to do and what to listen for. Sure enough, Philly players complained about it aftet the game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
What happens when players/coaches leave? They go to a farm waaay upstate where they get to run and play all day long with other players/coaches.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They call in Lippencott and he muscles them right on out of the building.

Rumor has it that Brat actually trying to get physical with him. This is a reenactment of what happened next:

Reply/Quote