Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I Love About This Quote
“It means we’re 2-0 against them. We have higher aspirations than beating the Steelers.”
-Joe Burrow

I think that sums up this new team of players. The Steelers curse of always finding a way of winning with Marvin Lewis and his players all those years are gone, and these new guys and coaches do not have the baggage from the past and are setting their own tone against them. I love it! 

Watching this blood bath today was such sweet revenge for us fans from all the years of Marvin Lewis' losing ways against the Steelers. I loved when the camera cut away to the Steelers bench and all you saw on all the players faces was the look of defeat.
Reply/Quote
They didn't even have whatsisface on the sidelines crying crocodile tears..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It seems the Browns have taken over for Steelers though, they have owned us during ZT and Burrow tenure
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:27 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It seems the Browns have taken over for Steelers though, they have owned us during ZT and Burrow tenure

[Image: facepalm-really.gif]

It must really suck to be so miserable.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: “It means we’re 2-0 against them. We have higher aspirations than beating the Steelers.”
-Joe Burrow

I think that sums up this new team of players. The Steelers curse of always finding a way of winning with Marvin Lewis and his players all those years are gone, and these new guys and coaches do not have the baggage from the past and are setting their own tone against them. I love it! 

Watching this blood bath today was such sweet revenge for us fans from all the years of Marvin Lewis' losing ways against the Steelers. I loved when the camera cut away to the Steelers bench and all you saw on all the players faces was the look of defeat.

Ya, these guys don't give a shit about the stealers... This is the most mentally tough team We have had in 30 years... That's all Zac...
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but can’t we just enjoy getting like a decade + monkey off our backs for a little while? Before today we hadn’t swept the Steelers since 2009.

I mean, FFS. We can worry about the Browns week 18. We’re 3-1 in the division, and we just mopped the floor with our most hated rival. How anyone can focus on negativity right now is beyond me.

Bengal fans have suffered since 1990. It’s hard for some people to let go of negativity. It’ll probably take a few winning seasons to really get rid of it fully.

Hell yeah I enjoyed it today. But what he wrote ain’t wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:48 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bengal fans have suffered since 1990. It’s hard for some people to let go of negativity. It’ll probably take a few winning seasons to really get rid of it fully.

It's not about that. It's about the hate for the current QB. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:48 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bengal fans have suffered since 1990. It’s hard for some people to let go of negativity. It’ll probably take a few winning seasons to really get rid of it fully.

And actual playoff wins. Bengals had a good run with Dalton but always choked playoff time. Once that demon is exorcised then it will be the dawn of a new era in Bengaldom
Reply/Quote
They have bigger fish to fry than these petty squabbles.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We can always turn our Ryanfinley back on and reprogram him to smirk as he menacingly rolls down the sidelines from 30 to 30.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Love the way Joe just dismisses steelers as nothing.

Which is exactly how the Bengals treated them on the field.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:27 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It seems the Browns have taken over for Steelers though, they have owned us during ZT and Burrow tenure

This is true. The Browns have looked terrible since they played us. The Ravens held them to 10 pts. Also more surprisingly held Nick Chubb to 8 carries for 16 yds.
Reply/Quote
Ignoring the thread derailer FT/EJ

Yep love how Burrow just brushes them off as we've got bigger fish to fry.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 08:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ignoring the thread derailer FT/EJ

Yep love how Burrow just brushes them off as we've got bigger fish to fry.

Agreed, it reflects his professionalism to take it week by week with the endgame goal of winning it all. A couple weeks ago Burrow acknowledged that at this point in his career, every week is a challenge because it is the NFL. Again, his thoughts demonstrated professionalism and poise to recognize that he has to be ready for the grind every single week. I don't doubt he shares this message with his fellow Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:27 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It seems the Browns have taken over for Steelers though, they have owned us during ZT and Burrow tenure

We slipped on that last one. I don't expect that to happen again.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm just waiting for someone to return the long thrown shade from the Steelers towards the Bengals of "this isn't really a rivalry (due to the dominance), like ______ is".

When that moment comes, It'll be a great moment. Burrow could pull it off with a straight all business approach.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'm just waiting for someone to return the long thrown shade from the Steelers towards the Bengals of "this isn't really a rivalry (due to the dominance), like ______ is".

When that moment comes, It'll be a great moment. Burrow could pull it off with a straight all business approach.

I suppose it is a fair point. For it to be a rival, we need Burrow to lead Steelers smack down for a few more years. I think he has it in him!
Reply/Quote
Yep, Joe saying something along the lines of "We really wanted to win this game" would give the Stealers some credence, while brushing them off makes them nothing but an annoying fly on the wall. I loved that the camera kept showing Watt's face, he was in tears, and was wiping tears from his face in the post game.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, Joe saying something along the lines of "We really wanted to win this game" would give the Stealers some credence, while brushing them off makes them nothing but an annoying fly on the wall. I loved that the camera kept showing Watt's face, he was in tears, and was wiping tears from his face in the post game.

He was? I didn't see that, I'll have to look for that. Big bullies on the block crying? There's no crying in football!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 03:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: He was? I didn't see that, I'll have to look for that. Big bullies on the block crying? There's no crying in football!

It's in his post game pressor that I posted and was assisted in adding Titanic music to it.
Reply/Quote