Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I could see the Bengals doing
I tried to do this mock as I thought the Bengals would approach it. They took a trade back with Atlanta and still got the OT Miller in Rd 1 and picked up an additional 2nd rounder. Thoughts?

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 26 (ATL): Miller, Kolton, OT, UCLA (A-)
Round 2 Pick 14: Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas (B-)
Round 2 Pick 26 (ATL): Phillips, Harrison, DT, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Griffin, Shaquem, OLB, Central Florida (A+)
Round 3 Pick 36: Edmunds, Terrell, SS, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 4 Pick 12: Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest (A)
Round 5 Pick 14: Scarbrough, Bo, RB, Alabama (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Carlson, Daniel, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33: Phillips, Darius, CB, Western Michigan (A)
Round 7 Pick 31: Ogundeko, Ebenezer, DE/OLB, Tennessee State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 34: Watson, Justin, WR, Pennsylvania (A+)
Round 7 Pick 35: Davidson, Joseph, P, Bowling Green (A+)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm a fan of the trade down, and there was an article on Pro Football Talk saying Atlanta is willing to trade up for the right guy, so I think that's realistic (probably for a 3rd instead). I really struggle with the Miller pick. Probably not fair to him, but I prefer to stay away from PAC offensive lineman. I'm starting to be a little more confident that a top 3 center will be available when we pick in the 2nd, that I'd rather go BPA, whether it be a guard or on defense(excluding corner).

With 12 picks in your scenario, I like the K and P picks mostly as competition and potential upgrades. You can't keep them all. Though, I do think a lot of fans will peeved about a kicker after last year.

Also, not sure I like the Griffin pick. I can't pinpoint it, but there is just something missing with him.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 09:06 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm a fan of the trade down, and there was an article on Pro Football Talk saying Atlanta is willing to trade up for the right guy, so I think that's realistic (probably for a 3rd instead). I really struggle with the Miller pick. Probably not fair to him, but I prefer to stay away from PAC offensive lineman. I'm starting to be a little more confident that a top 3 center will be available when we pick in the 2nd, that I'd rather go BPA, whether it be a guard or on defense(excluding corner).

With 12 picks in your scenario, I like the K and P picks mostly as competition and potential upgrades. You can't keep them all. Though, I do think a lot of fans will peeved about a kicker after last year.

Also, not sure I like the Griffin pick. I can't pinpoint it, but there is just something missing with him.

Remember, this is my opinion of what I think the Bengals will do, although I would never eliminate an entire conference of OTs because of a few failures.  I absolutely love Griffin, and he can cover WRs, not just TEs and RBs.  He might be the fastest LB to ever play in the NFL, and he has a serious case of the "go ahead and doubt me" red ass.  I want that kind of fire in a player.  I am so fired up at the prospect of Griffin being a Bengal that, if drafted, I would immediately order his jersey.  

Miller would be our RT competition for Fisher (I don't think much of Hart) and could be there a very long time.  He did have to contend with some serious speed rushers at LT and, although inconsistent, he did show he can handle the speed as well as be a strong drive blocker.  He would be a great fit at RT.  

With Redmond's response to the Bengal's strength and conditioning, I think the Bengals realize a UCLA player is far from a finished product and they see Miller as having a high ceiling.  
Reply/Quote
I don't see Miller as a fit here. Isn't Pollack looking for "nasty" linemen. Guys who really play with an attitude? That's not Miller - at all.
Reply/Quote
Racer, if we are trading down, I'd rather see Vander Esch @ 26. Grab our Center in RD 2, if need be trade back up in the 2nd. I am also not a fan of Pac12 linemen. No to Miller or Crosby.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 12:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Racer, if we are trading down, I'd rather see Vander Esch @ 26. Grab our Center in RD 2, if need be trade back up in the 2nd. I am also not a fan of Pac12 linemen. No to Miller or Crosby.

I think a MLB would not be as high a premium as a tackle, given our current roster, but I do like Vander Esche.  I heard he was failed in several physicals, however, and the Bengals might be a little gun shy on a guy with medical issues after last year and seeing as how they might need a LB very early without Burfict.  

I am with you on Crosby, though...not a fan in that offense.  At least UCLA operated out of a bit more conventional offense and Miller has great length for a RT with good feet to match.  I would much rather have McGlinchey, but I bet he is long gone.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 12:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote:  I am also not a fan of Pac12 linemen.

Tyron Smith, Nate Solder, Andrus Peat, David Bahktiari, 

All Tackles from the PAC 12, all really good. 
Reply/Quote
I would rather us trade down and grab your guy Orlando Brown then Kolton Miller SHRacer.

Still would be okay with it but i think Orlando atleast could be a capable run blocker and that is what we need at RT.

Kolton Miller is a LT with not much bend, purely a pass protector. Seems destined to be a Patriot and fill Solder's shoes.

Love the rest of the Draft though, every pick especially Bates III and Ebenezer lmao!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Tyron Smith, Nate Solder, Andrus Peat, David Bahktiari, 

All Tackles from the PAC 12, all really good. 

Yep and i really like Tyrell Crosby this Draft. Badazz physical run blocker we need at RT.

Complete opposite of Miller, doubt he would beat out Fisher if the heart problem is behind him.

Atleast Fisher has played with some nasty in the past unlike Miller.
Reply/Quote
People wan't to act like it is so obvious Miller sucks but people all over the NFL more and more are thinking he may be the guy. I don't care either way, but the Miller hate seems high here compared to what experts are saying.

@JasonLaCanfora: "I continue to hear from evaluators and offensive line coaches I most trust that [Kolton] Miller, and not Notre Dame's Mike McGlinchey, is the best tackle in the draft."
Reply/Quote
Miller has a higher ceiling than Mcglinchey but from the people I trust Mcglinchey will be the safest bet.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
A lot of this depends on where you play these guys. I think McGlinchey would be an average starter at best as a LT.

I think the reason people are starting to warm up to Miller is because he has the physical tools to play LT. I've watched a couple games and didn't see the struggles everyone mentions. That doesn't mean much, but I think the potential is there. McGlinchey worries me a lot. He seemed to get lit up by the better teams he played against. That's a major red flag for me. Maybe he plays better on the right side?

Either way, there's no way I would take an OT at #21.
Reply/Quote