Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I think the Bengals will do: Mock
(18) OT JC Latham Alabama

I think there will be a run on DT/Edge before we pick and I think (4) WR will be drafted and (2) corners before we pick.

I think we will have a few choices at OT and could go a few different ways, but OT likely has value here.

I could also see Graham Barton picked here or TE Bowers (but Bowers likely isn't there).

A trade down isn't out of the question either.

Note: I would prefer to get an elite Dline prospect or corner, but they usually are drafted higher than people think they will go, not lower. If there, I'd take one of the top edge, DT, or corner prospects over an OT, personally--and draft OT later.

(49) DT Michael Hall Jr.

I think the Bengals could explore trading down here. There are a lot of players I'd like to target in the 3rd so grabbing more picks in that area would be ideal.

If they stay put I think they will be looking at the following players:
CB Mike Sainristil (think he is gone, though)
DT Kris Jenkins
DT Michael Hall Jr.
S Tyler Nubin (value pick not need based)

They could reach on (or trade down for) an OT like Fisher too, depending who they take in the 1st round.
They could look at a wideout here too, but I think the value is better in the 3rd/4th.

(80) IOL Christian Hayes

I think we're looking at IOL, WR, OT, DT, or CB here.

WR Jermaine Burton
OT Blake Fisher or Kiran Amegadjee
IOL Hayes or Puni
CB Kris Abrams-Draine

(97) CB Kris Abrams-Draine

I think this is a great spot to grab a WR or corner. I like Abrams-Draine because he can tackle as

WR Burton, McCaffrey, Rice, Baker, Walker
CB Kris Abrams-Draine
LB Trotter (though not a need)

(115) WR McCaffrey

If we go with Kris Abrams-Draine above, I think we go WR here.
There should be a lot of names to choose from still.
McCaffrey could be gone though. They may be looking at Rice or someone else.

(149) DT McKinley Jackson

Straight value here. Who is available that has your highest rank?
I'm penciling in McKinley Jackson based on his pre-draft rating, but he could go higher.
I'd be looking at CB Renardo Green, IOL Zac Ginter, an OT, Edge, TE, WR, or RB

(194) WR Tahj Washington

I'll go ahead and pencil him in because I think he has value here, and he's available here 9/10 times on the mock sim.

I could go on but it's a crap-shoot from here even more-so.
I think they target a RB in the late rounds. I like Frank Gore Jr. because of his lineage. It sounds like he played on a very bad team with a very bad oline.

I tried to pick based on who I think the Bengals would most likely take instead of who I want to take (would have went with Jenkins or Sainristil in the 2nd probably).
I could have drafted higher ranked prospects and projected them to fall to us, but I wanted to make it realistic that these players will be there too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What I woud do:

Take a highly rated defensive player if they fall to us at (18), or trade down for a late 1st rounder and more picks.

(Murphy, Newton, Q Mitchell, one of the edges).

Trade down in the 2nd for more picks.

I'd look to hit on defensive playmakers early, and draft multiple Olineman and WRs in the mid rounds (3-5).
I'd sprinkle in some mid round defensive players as well at corner, DT, edge.

In a trade down to late 1st an OT or Graham Barton would be on my radar at that draft area as well.

I would draft RB/TE late, late if at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:19 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: (18) OT JC Latham Alabama

I think there will be a run on DT/Edge before we pick and I think (4) WR will be drafted and (2) corners before we pick.

I think we will have a few choices at OT and could go a few different ways, but OT likely has value here.

I could also see Graham Barton picked here or TE Bowers (but Bowers likely isn't there).

A trade down isn't out of the question either.

Note: I would prefer to get an elite Dline prospect or corner, but they usually are drafted higher than people think they will go, not lower. If there, I'd take one of the top edge, DT, or corner prospects over an OT, personally--and draft OT later.

(49) DT Michael Hall Jr.

I think the Bengals could explore trading down here. There are a lot of players I'd like to target in the 3rd so grabbing more picks in that area would be ideal.

If they stay put I think they will be looking at the following players:
CB Mike Sainristil (think he is gone, though)
DT Kris Jenkins
DT Michael Hall Jr.
S Tyler Nubin (value pick not need based)

They could reach on (or trade down for) an OT like Fisher too, depending who they take in the 1st round.
They could look at a wideout here too, but I think the value is better in the 3rd/4th.

(80) IOL Christian Hayes

I think we're looking at IOL, WR, OT, DT, or CB here.

WR Jermaine Burton
OT Blake Fisher or Kiran Amegadjee
IOL Hayes or Puni
CB Kris Abrams-Draine

(97) CB Kris Abrams-Draine

I think this is a great spot to grab a WR or corner. I like Abrams-Draine because he can tackle as

WR Burton, McCaffrey, Rice, Baker, Walker
CB Kris Abrams-Draine
LB Trotter (though not a need)

(115) WR McCaffrey

If we go with Kris Abrams-Draine above, I think we go WR here.
There should be a lot of names to choose from still.
McCaffrey could be gone though. They may be looking at Rice or someone else.

(149) DT McKinley Jackson

Straight value here. Who is available that has your highest rank?
I'm penciling in McKinley Jackson based on his pre-draft rating, but he could go higher.
I'd be looking at CB Renardo Green, IOL Zac Ginter, an OT, Edge, TE, WR, or RB

(194) WR Tahj Washington

I'll go ahead and pencil him in because I think he has value here, and he's available here 9/10 times on the mock sim.

I could go on but it's a crap-shoot from here even more-so.
I think they target a RB in the late rounds. I like Frank Gore Jr. because of his lineage. It sounds like he played on a very bad team with a very bad oline.

I tried to pick based on who I think the Bengals would most likely take instead of who I want to take (would have went with Jenkins or Sainristil in the 2nd probably).
I could have drafted higher ranked prospects and projected them to fall to us, but I wanted to make it realistic that these players will be there too.

This would be great!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I wasn’t too far off with the top picks.

Was thinking we’d go Latham or Mims at 1.

Didn’t think Jenkins would make it to us at 2 but he was my favorite pick if there.

Was thinking we go oline or Burton 3a then Burton or corner 3b.

Burton was my favorite wr due to his value.

Had McKinley later than we picked him but we picked him and I like it.

Not sure if they would have picked abrams draine over Newton because he went just before our 5th round pick.

I definitely didn’t see us taking two tight ends but in previous mocks I did pick both players.
Reply/Quote