Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I want to happen
Of course, the Bengals win the next 6 games...that's a given.

Here's the part that will make my want come to be.

Pittsburgh to lose to the Broncos in a hard fought and emotional battle that goes into overtime. This will make the Bengals the AFC North Champions after the Bengals beat the 49'ers.

Then next Monday night, the Bengals go into Denver and beat the Broncos which will give the Bengals the number 2 seed.

Then the last game of the year, the Bengals can use the starters sparingly and beat the Ravens.

Maybe the Patriots will lose to the Jets as well this week...or is it next week? I don't know, but maybe they will and then drop another thinking they have the 1 seed wrapped up. This will give the Bengals the 1 seed and the Broncos the 2 seed.

Where's Andrew Lucks beard when we need it?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
We can only dream Tongue
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
McCarron wins out the rest of the season while looking fairly good, Dalton comes back, sweeps the playoffs, wins the Super Bowl and is the game's MVP. Then the Bengals trade McCarron to the Browns for Alex Mack and their 1st round pick while we laugh at the Browns because they get excited they might finally have a QB, but we all know nobody will ever fix them.

Or trade him to the QB-needy Texans for Watt, then having Atkins and Watt play DT next to each other, destroying every OL known to man.

...Lol, fantasies aside, I think if McCarron plays pretty well then the Bengals can get a good price for him, turning a 5th round pick into a 1st or 2nd, which they could then turn into a WR or LB.

Keep in mind the Eagles send Foles, a 2015 4th, and a 2016 2nd... for Sam Bradford and a 2015 5th.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It isn't that unrealistic to see the steelers lose to Denver and the Bengals win out.

I am anxious to see how the team responds (especially the defense) to McCarron. Everyone is in love with pittsburg (media, that is) after their win against Cincy, but Denver will be playing with a lot on the line as well. They have a really good defense as well and I am hoping Talib has a big game against Pig Ben.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't get why so many seem to want to trade McCarron..

Anyways.. I want Marcus Marriotta to have the game of his life and toss 6 TDs against the Squeelers and the Titans defense to have the game of their lives and completely shut down the rotten booger. As long as I'm in fantasy mode..... I also want Mike Brown to make a banking error and inadvertently deposit the team's payroll into my bank account just long enough for me to make a withdraw and get out of the country.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 03:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't get why so many seem to want to trade McCarron..

Anyways.. I want Marcus Marriotta to have the game of his life and toss 6 TDs against the Squeelers and the Titans defense to have the game of their lives and completely shut down the rotten booger. As long as I'm in fantasy mode..... I also want Mike brown to make a banking error and inadvertently deposit the teams payroll into my bank account.

Steelers don't play the Titans, holmes.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The broncos will not beat the steelers, the Bengals will not beat the broncos. The Bengals willbeat the niners and ravens and go into the playoffs as the 3 seed. The steelers will win out and be the 6 seed. The steelers will play the Bengals at PBS on wild card weekend.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 03:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Steelers don't play the Titans, holmes.

You're right.. I superimposed NE into the role.. OK, maybe they'll beat NE.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 03:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: The broncos will not beat the steelers, the Bengals will not beat the broncos. The Bengals willbeat the niners and ravens and go into the playoffs as the 3 seed. The steelers will win out and be the 6 seed. The steelers will play the Bengals at PBS on wild card weekend.

Dear God help us Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 03:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: The broncos will not beat the steelers, the Bengals will not beat the broncos. The Bengals willbeat the niners and ravens and go into the playoffs as the 3 seed. The steelers will win out and be the 6 seed. The steelers will play the Bengals at PBS on wild card weekend.

In a "What I want to happen" thread, you post this?

So are you saying this is what you want to happen?

Are you secretly a Steelers, Broncos and Patriots fan before the Bengals?  Ninja
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 03:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't get why so many seem to want to trade McCarron..

Because if you can trade a backup quarterback for a 1st or 2nd round pick who can become a Pro Bowler at a position of actual need, that's an amazing deal? If someone is willing to overpay for backup QBs (a lot of people seem to be) why not take advantage of that?

For instance, the 10th overall pick this year could have gotten you Todd Gurley, or the 42nd overall pick could have gotten you Eric Kendricks. I would make that trade for a backup QB every time.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 04:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because if you can trade a backup quarterback for a 1st or 2nd round pick who can become a Pro Bowler at a position of actual need, that's an amazing deal? If someone is willing to overpay for backup QBs (a lot of people seem to be) why not take advantage of that?

For instance, the 10th overall pick this year could have gotten you Todd Gurley, or the 42nd overall pick could have gotten you Eric Kendricks. I would make that trade for a backup QB every time.

If you can get that type of value and Dalton is healthy you do it. Then draft another QB to groom in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 04:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because if you can trade a backup quarterback for a 1st or 2nd round pick who can become a Pro Bowler at a position of actual need, that's an amazing deal? If someone is willing to overpay for backup QBs (a lot of people seem to be) why not take advantage of that?

So you would give a potential franchise QB to a division rival? There would need to be a premium price for that to happen in my opinion.

Besides I think Cleveland is destined to hire Gase, roll Manning as their starter next year and draft a Qb at 1 to sit behind manning for the year and redshirt.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 04:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you would give a potential franchise QB to a division rival?   There would need to be a premium price for that to happen in my opinion.  

Besides I think Cleveland is destined to hire Gase, roll Manning as their starter next year and draft a Qb at 1 to sit behind manning for the year and redshirt.

The Browns are a mess and always will be as long as they have that FO. The owner hasn't fired them yet so he's part of the problem as well. Unless they are going to model after the Bengals, they won't do anything, in my opinion, for a really long time.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 04:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you would give a potential franchise QB to a division rival?   There would need to be a premium price for that to happen in my opinion.  

1. AJ McCarron already a potential franchise QB? Lol...

2. It's the Browns. (Also Lol)

Manning will never go to the Browns. Why would he want his final year to be on a team that's destined to be last in the division? Either way, yes.. I would let the Browns have AJ McCarron throwing to Brian Hartline and handing the ball off to Duke Johnson Jr. Scary, I know, but I am willing to take that chance. Ninja

Reply/Quote