Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuts...Your Speculation
(08-15-2016, 12:06 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Then shame on the front office because they have left this team in a very vulnerable position.  Hunt as part of a rotation is scary enough, but imagine him getting significant playing time because of an injury...

Maybe Hunt has really gotten A TON better suddenly during this offseason and is only going 50% at the coaches' request so that he doesn't put much on tape for when the regular season starts... Ninja  we're going with a surprise attack strategy with him this year  LOL 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 08:53 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I can never remember when the first cut is, is it after the second game or is it this week?

who gets cut...
who do you want cut...
who will be the surprise cut...
who will be the surprise player who makes the team? 

Take what we currently have and subtract 53 from that
Nobody
Derron Smith
Floyd Raven
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 12:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think our fan base is one dimensional evaluating a DE, but maybe I am wrong. A DE has around 50% of their responsibility stopping the running game. I don't see Hunt get blown off the ball in running plays and he can play DE and DT. His down side is he is not a good pass rusher and more than likely never will be a good pass rusher. I see Hunt better than Gilberry against the run, but a lot worse rushing the passer. I know some may hate it, but I will take the risk and bring in Hardy to add to the Johnson/Dunlap DE starting rotation to keep all 3 fresh so come 4th quarter our DL can dominate. I could care less about Hardy's character off the field, but he would need to convince ML and Guenther he is team player and our missing piece and no drama on the field or in the locker room. If we could sign him for an incentive laced deal, I think we should.

I could be wrong, but don't see Hunt as being strong against the run either.  I think he just looks lost out there.

As for Hardy, I have always been of the strong belief that this team should stay far, far away from him.  I personally think he is a despicable human being and the off field stuff does matter.  Taking that off the table though, he did not do anything spectacular for Dallas last year.  He was a constant distraction and only put up six sacks and 23 tackles in 12 games.  I don't think you bring a guy like that on to this defense.  You already have Jones and Burfict, both of whom are emotional and seem easily distracted.  Just my opinion, but I think a guy like Hardy would wreak havoc on this team.  There is a reason Dallas wants nothing to do with him.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 12:42 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I could be wrong, but don't see Hunt as being strong against the run either.  I think he just looks lost out there.

As for Hardy, I have always been of the strong belief that this team should stay far, far away from him.  I personally think he is a despicable human being and the off field stuff does matter.  Taking that off the table though, he did not do anything spectacular for Dallas last year.  He was a constant distraction and only put up six sacks and 23 tackles in 12 games.  I don't think you bring a guy like that on to this defense.  You already have Jones and Burfict, both of whom are emotional and seem easily distracted.  Just my opinion, but I think a guy like Hardy would wreak havoc on this team.  There is a reason Dallas wants nothing to do with him.

My point is if Hunt stays, my guess is because he is better against the run than a lot of fans give him credit (I am no expert, but the coaches are experts so if he is an average at best pass rusher, a good special teams player would not be enough for him to keep his job. I understand those who feel character matters for pro athletes, but I guess if we don't care politically character (honesty and integrity) matters, then why would an athlete be held to a higher standard?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I've always been pretty supportive of Brandon Tate as a steady return guy, though I will acknowledge that his production on offense has been sketchy. We seem to have alot of strong competition at WR this year, which could spell his departure.

Judging from this article, he's getting pretty close to the end of his career. So I wonder how much his projected longevity will figure into the team's decisions on which WRs to keep and which ones to cut.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote