Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I would Do - PFF Mock
First and Foremost, this is what I would do if I was running the show. I'll make another draft with what I think the Bengals will actually do.

Round 1 (8) - Penei Sewell - OT, Oregon
I was prepared to go with Chase here, but I managed to trade my 5th overall and 4th round pick to Carolina for 8 and 39. With Devonta Smith and Sewell on the board I rolled the dice and landed him.

Round 2 (38) - Asante Samuel - DB, Florida State
And here's where I got burned. There was a run on offensive linemen and WR. I went with Samuel simply because Waynes has 2 years left and it gives me flexibility if he stinks this year. I also feel like Samuel is one of the top 3 CB in the draft.

Round 2 (51) - Jabril Cox - LB, LSU
Since there were a bunch of guys that I liked left, I dropped down with Washington and picked up an extra 3rd. I took the best coverage linebacker in the draft. He should make an immediate impact on 3rd downs.

Round 3 (69) - Milton Williams - DT, LaTech
This guy fills a huge need as a pass rushing DT. I considered taking him earlier.

Round 3 (73) - Jamin Davis - LB, Kentucky
Since he has such a high grade, I have to take him here.

Round 3 (74) - Trey Smith - OG, Tennessee
Well, I didn't think he would be on the board either, but he's just such a impact player for me.

Well, this is far from perfect for me, but I only ran this once. I had planned on moving down with either Detroit or Carolina before I started and managed to still get on of the guys that I wanted at 8. This is where the draft can be cruel though. I fully expected to see a WR that I liked at 38, but I wasn't going to reach and I ended up getting burned. I love Cox, Davis, Williams and Smith in the 3rd, but this really leaves a hole on the roster and will have to addressed with late round picks ....... and:

I traded 2022 Round 2 to Atlanta for Julio Jones.
Reply/Quote