Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What IF we win Saturday?
We have good chances because of the quality of players we put on the field, but the game still has to be played. Any given Sunday. However, this is not a Sunday so maybe different rules would apply. Would a playoff win act as confirmation that this product is good as it says on the box? Maybe if they can win one playoff game, they can win another? Are you expecting a Super Bowl appearance? Would the forum member count expand? What are your thoughts?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
If we win Saturday:

- Coaches and players begin preparation for the next playoff game.
- National media gives us some attention and love.
- Some LSU fans register to post on this forum.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am not expecting a Super Bowl appearance, but I feel good about a victory over the Raiders. It'll be tight, though. The Bengals ended up winning the game as a blowout but it was a two point game with five minutes left to go and the offense struggled throughout. I think that Cincinnati has really hit their stride offensively, though.

I don't think a playoff win confirms or denies anything - this is a good team, but they are inconsistent and part of that is due to line play. However, they did what they did to get here in the first place. Cincinnati is good.
Reply/Quote
WHEN we win, we will get the monkey off of our back that’s been there since I was five.

The Zac Taylor / Joe Burrow regime will check off yet another box as an indicator of the bright future here, and this place will ***** explode. Other teams’ fans may have a been there, but this will be new, and a long time coming for this fanbase.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
My thoughts are this . We've seen a paradigm shift. I believe the culture change has begun. I think this team is brash enough to think they can win every game they play. I think they SHOULD beat the Raiders. I think they stand a GOOD chance of beating Tennessee in Nashville. I worry that our season ends where Thom Brennaman's career ended. But maybe in January 2023 we get to host them in the finale at the Jungle. Could be a different outcome then. Still, AFC Championship game appearance one year ahead of schedule... not too shabby!!!
Reply/Quote
We've talked about it this whole offseason, but this team can beat any team when it's clicking.
We don't know what we're going to see in the playoffs though.

As for how far they can go if they can get past the Raiders, that will depend on health of the team and who they would end up playing.
Out of all the other potential teams, I think the Bengals may have the best chance against the Patriots, as we've seen how bad Mac Jones can play at times. Stuff the run and force Jones to throw.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I like our chances. Burrow has already proven that he's not the type to roll over and die the second the bright lights come on and so has Chase..That doesn't even mention the D showed that being down early doesn't mean a whole lot. Down 2 TDs 3 different times against Mahomes & Co and only give up a single FG in the 2nd half?  These are not a bunch of hibernating players come crunch time. 
I'll readily admit that in the past I pretty much knew they would run out of steam at the last minute or we'd have guys who would lose their minds at the first sign of trouble. I think these guys will make the opposition lose their minds. I believe that the opposition is already worried about facing Burrow and Chase. They all know what they did to KC when KC was sure they had it in the bag.. They all know we blew out both of the two AFCN heavies.. I like our chances!    
And so what a bunch of PS players got injured yesterday? They were going to sit at home during the playoffs anyway.. We're as close to full force as we've ever been heading into the playoffs.. For the first time since my own kids were in grade school I'm feeling like we might actually get past the first round and beyond!   Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Felt better going into the playoffs with the patriots, lesser deffense and rookie QB. We'll have to deal with a better Raider's D and an experienced QB, so be it. Crosby was just all over Herbert, Herbert stood his ground, but could have easily had his knee taken out with the wrong tackle. The point is not that they play weaker teams, but rather, they get too comfortable playing stronger teams, beating them and then given up for the next game. Anyways, Super Bowl teams beat them all, here we come. The super bowl is not our first rodeo.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:29 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Felt better going into the playoffs with the patriots, lesser deffense and rookie QB.  We'll have to deal with a better Raider's D and an experienced QB, so be it. Crosby was just all over Herbert, Herbert stood his ground, but could have easily had his knee taken out with the wrong tackle. The point is not that they play weaker teams, but rather, they get too comfortable playing stronger teams, beating them and then given up for the next game. Anyways, Super Bowl teams beat them all, here we come. The super bowl is not our first rodeo. 

Not to rain on the last part there, but the rodeo you speak of was most of your grandpas rodeos.. Those horses were sent to the glue factory and are still holding furniture together to this day..
Today's rodeo riders have new and improved wwaterproof Titebond III and better clamps! (my woodworking reference there )  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I just want one stinking playoff win.

This is a good team and there's no reason they can't go all the way but you could say that about some other teams too and KC has to be the favorite followed by Tennessee and anything BB trots out onto the field. And why not the Bills. Really anyone other than Pittsburgh or the Raiders.

If the Bengals can beat the raiders I'll be pretty happy no matter what follows.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:29 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Felt better going into the playoffs with the patriots, lesser deffense and rookie QB.  We'll have to deal with a better Raider's D and an experienced QB, so be it. Crosby was just all over Herbert, Herbert stood his ground, but could have easily had his knee taken out with the wrong tackle. The point is not that they play weaker teams, but rather, they get too comfortable playing stronger teams, beating them and then given up for the next game. Anyways, Super Bowl teams beat them all, here we come. The super bowl is not our first rodeo.

Raiders defense really isn't that good.
26th in points allowed.
We saw them allow Herbert to march down the field to come back in that game.
Bengals also scored 32 on the Raiders defense back in November.

Patriots actually have a Top 5 defense.

I really hope the Bengals go with someone else at RT instead of Prince. Prince is not a good pass blocker. He'll get lit up by Crosby, especially if left by himself.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just want this Raiders win presently

Going to sweat it out one game at a time

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Someone mentioned it below but the Raiders defense isn't all that great. Here is a quick visualization...

[Image: ybg1qYE.png]

Patriots have a significantly better defense and just team overall. A first round matchup of the Raiders is the best matchup we can have. They haven't been a very good team, but they already played Cincinnati tough so they are still plenty good enough to walk away with a W. With a Vegas line of 6.5, Vegas is giving us an 80% chance of victory. That will tighten up as the game gets closer. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Raiders defense really isn't that good.
26th in points allowed.
We saw them allow Herbert to march down the field to come back in that game.
Bengals also scored 32 on the Raiders defense back in November.

Patriots actually have a Top 5 defense.

I really hope the Bengals go with someone else at RT instead of Prince. Prince is not a good pass blocker. He'll get lit up by Crosby, especially if left by himself.

Fair points but we only had 288 yards of offense in that game and it was 16-13 with under 6 minutes to go in the game. We are playing better and more confident now though so I feel better about it. Will also be cold and maybe snowing, Raiders starters on a shorter week, coming off an emotional win, traveling cross country...a lot in our favor.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:00 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We have good chances because of the quality of players we put on the field, but the game still has to be played. Any given Sunday. However, this is not a Sunday so maybe different rules would apply. Would a playoff win act as confirmation that this product is good as it says on the box? Maybe if they can win one playoff game, they can win another? Are you expecting a Super Bowl appearance? Would the forum member count expand? What are your thoughts?

Every year some team just clicks and blows through the post season.  We are one of the healthiest with a VERY potent offense.  

This is going to be crazy fun.  

If they beat the Raiders and go to TN, I bet there will be a TON of Bengals fans there.  
Reply/Quote
It's time.... Big Stage JoeyB and Bright Lights Ja'Marr will light up the Raiders in PBS, blow through their next opponent and be in the AFC Championship game...... (I hope Wink )
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:00 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We have good chances because of the quality of players we put on the field, but the game still has to be played. Any given Sunday. However, this is not a Sunday so maybe different rules would apply. Would a playoff win act as confirmation that this product is good as it says on the box? Maybe if they can win one playoff game, they can win another? Are you expecting a Super Bowl appearance? Would the forum member count expand? What are your thoughts?

I never expected them to make it to the playoffs, so it's kinda gravy at this point for me. We need the oline to have the game of its life in order to see what we've been seeing from our offense. 

I don't think they're Super Bowl good yet, but, ya never know how things will play out if you get on a hot streak and stay there. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: I never expected them to make it to the playoffs, so it's kinda gravy at this point for me. We need the oline to have the game of its life in order to see what we've been seeing from our offense. 

I don't think they're Super Bowl good yet, but, ya never know how things will play out if you get on a hot streak and stay there. 

I feel pretty much the exact same way.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If we win Saturday:

- Coaches and players begin preparation for the next playoff game.
- National media gives us some attention and love.
- Some LSU fans register to post on this forum.

Some LSU fans already have.  A lot of Louisiana folks have another NFL team to root for that were once Saints fans only.  Now some Cajuns really pulling fir the Bengal-Tigers! Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:14 PM)Monroelegend Wrote: Some LSU fans already have.  A lot of Louisiana folks have another NFL team to root for that were once Saints fans only.  Now some Cajuns really pulling fir the Bengal-Tigers! Who Dey
Reply/Quote