Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What IF we win Saturday?
(01-10-2022, 02:14 PM)Monroelegend Wrote: Some LSU fans already have.  A lot of Louisiana folks have another NFL team to root for that were once Saints fans only.  Now some Cajuns really pulling fir the Bengal-Tigers! Who Dey

& I'm all for more Bengals fans. I'm a Cincinnati-area native and have watched the Bengals for over 40 years now, but I don't have any perceptions that only certain people can be a fan of a team based on where they are from or whatever. I welcome all to Bengals-land even if it means they are only here because of Burrow & Chase. I'll also embrace bandwagon fans if we become a dominant and winning NFL team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & I'm all for more Bengals fans. I'm a Cincinnati-area native and have watched the Bengals for over 40 years now, but I don't have any perceptions that only certain people can be a fan of a team based on where they are from or whatever. I welcome all to Bengals-land even if it means they are only here because of Burrow & Chase. I'll also embrace bandwagon fans if we become a dominant and winning NFL team.

Gatekeeping is weird to me, but every fan base does it, sports and elsewhere. I'm all for bringing on additional fans...if it brings additional revenue to the city/team, I'll take them all. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:00 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We have good chances because of the quality of players we put on the field, but the game still has to be played. Any given Sunday. However, this is not a Sunday so maybe different rules would apply. Would a playoff win act as confirmation that this product is good as it says on the box? Maybe if they can win one playoff game, they can win another? Are you expecting a Super Bowl appearance? Would the forum member count expand? What are your thoughts?

We need this Playoff monkey off our back so frickin' bad. What is nice is our young players aren't even thinking about it.

There is no monkey for them, it is only a stepping stone.

It will be a confirmation WHEN we win Saturday against the Raiders and it will be a bigger beatdown than the last time we 
played them I am pretty damn sure. Just have to take care of bidness, after that the sky is the limit and yes the Superbowl
and yes there will be a lot of bandwagon fans and the hate of the Bengals will ensue lol
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:46 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Gatekeeping is weird to me, but every fan base does it, sports and elsewhere. I'm all for bringing on additional fans...if it brings additional revenue to the city/team, I'll take them all. 

Totally, gatekeeping is weird. I find it more odd since technology allows people to follow teams more closely and since we live in a world with increased mobility where people can and do move from place to place. I don't care if Bengals fans are life-long fans, new fans, temporary fans for the Burrow years, bandwagon fans who want to follow the latest winner, or whatever other criteria brings someone to liking the Bengals. I'll take other people being along for the fun ride.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need this Playoff monkey off our back so frickin' bad. What is nice is our young players aren't even thinking about it.

There is no monkey for them, it is only a stepping stone.

It will be a confirmation WHEN we win Saturday against the Raiders and it will be a bigger beatdown than the last time we 
played them I am pretty damn sure. Just have to take care of bidness, after that the sky is the limit and yes the Superbowl
and yes there will be a lot of bandwagon fans and the hate of the Bengals will ensue lol

Yes, the playoff monkey, I'd contend, is more exclusive to ownership and fans than current players. The current coaches and players are only with the team for a certain window of time and are not responsible for past failures.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes, the playoff monkey, I'd contend, is more exclusive to ownership and fans than current players. The current coaches and players are only with the team for a certain window of time and are not responsible for past failures.

Truth. There is no curse as some Bengal fans claim.

I know it is cliche after being discussed so long but the culture has been changed with the Bengals.

They can beat anybody now with Burrow and company. Zac has done well with the staff, it isn't the same.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth. There is no curse as some Bengal fans claim.

I know it is cliche after being discussed so long but the culture has been changed with the Bengals.

They can beat anybody now with Burrow and company. Zac has done well with the staff, it isn't the same.

Call me a hypocrite if you must, I believe in the Bo Jackson curse.  Hilarious

That said, Zac and Burrow shouldn't.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Call me a hypocrite if you must, I believe in the Bo Jackson curse.  Hilarious

Not gonna call you a hypocrite Tecmo, I just don't believe in those curses lol

And no they shouldn't.

It is time to roll. Execute and destroy the Raiders like no other. It is time. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I don't want to jinx anything. I mean it has been over 30 years. But I am not worried one bit about the Raiders, and they are playing well and have great players.

I think the "HATE" by some teams against Bengals is like someone else pointed out, there is a culture shift by this Bengal team that has changed the Perception of the organization and franchise. Erin Andrews and another had impromptu video of what seemed like genuine awe of the Bengals team, made up of some studly SEC athletes that she adores. Drew Breeze loves the Bengals and said they were must see tv.

The changing of the guard is rough for other teams and fans because it means someone is losing power. Ravens fans are normally tolerable and some are friends of this board for sure. But the rise of the Bengals means someone is falling, like the Browns and Ravens. The Brown fans are smoking hot and are butt hurt badly.

Burrow and others have brought the swag. I think this Bengal team can win it all. This year. Win it all. Excited
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Call me a hypocrite if you must, I believe in the Bo Jackson curse.  Hilarious

Ya know.....the fact that we are facing Bo's Raiders in the postseason for the first time since that infamous game, lends even more credence to the theory.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ya know.....the fact that we are facing Bo's Raiders in the postseason for the first time since that infamous game, lends even more credence to the theory.

The football gods have their ways?
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry for high jacking but I wanted to say I'm sorry to anyone I offended with some of my covid comments, I made in other threads... I made it 2 years and and now have it running a 103 fever it sucks..
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:38 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm sorry for high jacking but I wanted to say I'm sorry to anyone I offended with some of my covid comments, I made in other threads... I made it 2 years and and now have it running a 103 fever it sucks..

Stay healthy dude, I hope only the best.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:46 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Gatekeeping is weird to me, but every fan base does it, sports and elsewhere. I'm all for bringing on additional fans...if it brings additional revenue to the city/team, I'll take them all. 

I'm all for accepting all new fans from all sources, but I will also say that SEC fans here to be player-specific fans rather than Bengals fans are a bit iffy. If they want to be Bengals fans, welcome them all.

I remember there being a couple AJ McCarron fans around here who haven't been seen since. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:38 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm sorry for high jacking but I wanted to say I'm sorry to anyone I offended with some of my covid comments, I made in other threads... I made it 2 years and and now have it running a 103 fever it sucks..

Hope you get well soon.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The football gods have their ways?

That's the feeling I'm getting, not gonna lie, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Haven’t posted here in forever, but came on to say I think this team has the potential to be champions. Now, of course we’ll have some adversity to get there, but this team feels way different than any of the Marvin playoff teams. I’m so excited for Saturday. Go Cincy!
Reply/Quote

Get well soon, my friend. Just make sure to get medical care if you start having any breathing issues. I am currently going through my third bout with this sh!t and this time has lingered the longest and has had the most congestion. I've had one good friend die of Covid and an uncle to almost die. It's NOT gonna take me down until I see a gosh damn playoff win. ONE WIN then I can die a happy Bengal fan.  lol
Reply/Quote