Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
Can you imagine the Bengals if this team is laying on the blocks.

Before 1988, nobody was really talking Bengals that summer. I told friends they still had Munoz and Montoya and if they block teams up and down the field, watch out for The Bengals in 1988. The Bengals have the talent to move those trenches up and down the field in 2024. Some NFL reporters have said The Bengals have built a San Francisco 49ers type O Line. I hope so. You look at every Super Bowl film, and you will see the best O Line won. A great O Line would let Burrow get the ball to Chase, Higgins, and a running game.

It's very possible Bengals may have one of their best O Lines ever this season. If so, watch out NFL, here comes our Bengals. We've seen bad O Lines, and you can throw the playbook in the garbage with no blocking. However with blocking, the X's and O's of the playbook work if the big guys are laying on the blocks and pushing defenses backwards. One year that stands out to me was Bill Parcells Giants in play-offs knocking defenses backwards every snap. I said nobody is going to beat that, and nobody did. So if Bengals have great blocking it will dominate, the Bengals defense won't even have to be on the field much. The best defense is a good offense

GO BENGALS

Tiger Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We have top-level NFL talent at 4/5 of our starters. According to PFF each have had a season where he scored:

RT: 80.2
RG: 73.4
C: 72.2
LT: 76.5

Not to mention our "little guy" comes in at 6'4" 310
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There were a lot of those Dallas teams in the mid 90s that had great OLs. If we would have even close to that, I'd be happy.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 05:58 PM)EatonFan Wrote: There were a lot of those Dallas teams in the mid 90s that had great OLs. If we would have even close to that, I'd be happy.

I’ll take bengals 2005.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 03:31 PM)kevin Wrote: Can you imagine the Bengals if this team is laying on the blocks.

Before 1988, nobody was really talking Bengals that summer. I told friends they still had Munoz and Montoya and if they block teams up and down the field, watch out for The Bengals in 1988. The Bengals have the talent to move those trenches up and down the field in 2024. Some NFL reporters have said The Bengals have built a San Francisco 49ers type O Line. I hope so. You look at every Super Bowl film, and you will see the best O Line won. A great O Line would let Burrow get the ball to Chase, Higgins, and a running game.

It's very possible Bengals may have one of their best O Lines ever this season. If so, watch out NFL, here comes our Bengals. We've seen bad O Lines, and you can throw the playbook in the garbage with no blocking. However with blocking, the X's and O's of the playbook work if the big guys are laying on the blocks and pushing defenses backwards. One year that stands out to me was Bill Parcells Giants in play-offs knocking defenses backwards every snap. I said nobody is going to beat that, and nobody did. So if Bengals have great blocking it will dominate, the Bengals defense won't even have to be on the field much. The best defense is a good offense

GO BENGALS

Tiger Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger Tiger

Until the Bengals can have a run game of substance the offense will be predictable. Joe, Zac, Brian, and Pitcher had zero zip nada none confidence in it. The Bengals could help the whole team if they could draft rookie linemen who panned out with low contracts. Instead we are getting average OL free agents with high contracts.. Resulting in average or worse than average results. It is what it is.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Super Bowl champions
Barring injury.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 11:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Until the Bengals can have a run game of substance the offense will be predictable. Joe, Zac, Brian, and Pitcher had zero zip nada none confidence in it. The Bengals could help the whole team if they could draft rookie linemen who panned out with low contracts. Instead we are getting average OL free agents with high contracts.. Resulting in average or worse than average results. It is what it is.

I'm hoping moving on from Mixon will be the run-game catalyst. While Joe is a great back, he sometimes, IMO, waits to long to hit the hole and go. He basically ruined what he was coming out of college by trying to emulate Bell. I'm really excited to see more of Chase Brown and also to see how Zach Moss performs behind this line.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm hoping moving on from Mixon will be the run-game catalyst. While Joe is a great back, he sometimes, IMO, waits to long to hit the hole and go. He basically ruined what he was coming out of college by trying to emulate Bell. I'm really excited to see more of Chase Brown and also to see how Zach Moss performs behind this line.

It will equally be interesting to see how Mixon does at Houston. They had his film. They had the film on our OL. Yet they gave him 3 years 27 million and 13 million guaranteed. He made out like a bandit. Chase Brown will give us explosiveness that is almost unmatched in the entire league. Don’t know what Zac alluded to but indicated he’d worked hard to improve something and was pleased. Don’t know if that was stronger or what. As far as a physical back that’s not Chase. Hopefully Moss is our tough runner. Mixon ran tough and no fumbles. It will be an interesting watch.

Mixon is not a great zone blocker back. But it’s going to be interesting to see if they go back to it. Hey I’ve watched it too. I’ve seen poor moving of the pile on short yardage time after time. I get the frustration with Joe’s explosiveness he’s lost a step. Yet… someone at Houston disagrees.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 11:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Until the Bengals can have a run game of substance the offense will be predictable. Joe, Zac, Brian, and Pitcher had zero zip nada none confidence in it. The Bengals could help the whole team if they could draft rookie linemen who panned out with low contracts. Instead we are getting average OL free agents with high contracts.. Resulting in average or worse than average results. It is what it is.

I would not call Karras, Brown and Brown as average linemen, they are better than average , what we seem to have is an average Oline coach.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 09:06 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It will equally be interesting to see how Mixon does at Houston. They had his film. They had the film on our OL. Yet they gave him 3 years 27 million and 13 million guaranteed. He made out like a bandit. Chase Brown will give us explosiveness that is almost unmatched in the entire league. Don’t know what Zac alluded to but indicated he’d worked hard to improve something and was pleased. Don’t know if that was stronger or what. As far as a physical back that’s not Chase. Hopefully Moss is our tough runner. Mixon ran tough and no fumbles. It will be an interesting watch.

Mixon is not a great zone blocker back. But it’s going to be interesting to see if they go back to it. Hey I’ve watched it too. I’ve seen poor moving of the pile on short yardage time after time. I get the frustration with Joe’s explosiveness he’s lost a step. Yet… someone at Houston disagrees.

Zac praised Brown's work on catching the ball out of the backfield.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 09:06 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It will equally be interesting to see how Mixon does at Houston. They had his film. They had the film on our OL. Yet they gave him 3 years 27 million and 13 million guaranteed. He made out like a bandit. Chase Brown will give us explosiveness that is almost unmatched in the entire league. Don’t know what Zac alluded to but indicated he’d worked hard to improve something and was pleased. Don’t know if that was stronger or what. As far as a physical back that’s not Chase. Hopefully Moss is our tough runner. Mixon ran tough and no fumbles. It will be an interesting watch.

Don't disagree with you but what they need to also make the OL better is a couple RB's that hit the hole hard and quick and don't try to both dance and bounce out on inside run plays. Grinding out another 1-2 yards on running attempts is huge and, imo, Mixon took alot of negative yards trying to do both. Difference between 2nd and 6 vs. 2 and 8/ 3rd and 5 vs. 3rd and 7 is large in this league. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 09:30 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would not call Karras, Brown and Brown as average linemen, they are better than average , what we seem to have is an average Oline coach.

I chuckled. I completely agree. But none of those guys PFF grades in their career scream better than average. All weren’t re-signed. Trent Brown not close to what he was. Don’t get me wrong I love Zeus and Karras but I’ve not seen anything that makes me think much better than just solid

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 09:36 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Zac praised Brown's work on catching the ball out of the backfield.

That’s great Hes unstoppable in the passing game

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 09:36 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Zac praised Brown's work on catching the ball out of the backfield.

Mixon was great catching the ball but not much YAC as he got tripped up alot and rarely dodged tackles. Excited to see an element that Brown will bring as I can see plenty of big gains in YAC with him.
Reply/Quote
Mixon had major issues the last couple of seasons with actually breaking a tackle and/or making the first defender miss. His balance was always less than average even before that but other traits compensated. He seems to have a style he wants to run in and that style is not how our offense is designed to run block. Houston's scheme is a closer fit for him, so I wish him good luck except when playing us.

Moss on the other hand is a much closer fit to the way our offense is designed to run block. Also as a runner his strong suits are balance, breaking tackles and getting the extra yard(s). While not Mixon in receiving terms he is competent (ask the Rats who he burned last season for a TD). Also he is far better at pass protect than any other back we've had since Perine. So different skillset and one that fits the scheme the offense now uses better than Mixon's did.
Reply/Quote
What if I win the Powerball in 2024...
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 10:34 AM)Joelist Wrote: Mixon had major issues the last couple of seasons with actually breaking a tackle and/or making the first defender miss. His balance was always less than average even before that but other traits compensated. He seems to have a style he wants to run in and that style is not how our offense is designed to run block. Houston's scheme is a closer fit for him, so I wish him good luck except when playing us.

Moss on the other hand is a much closer fit to the way our offense is designed to run block. Also as a runner his strong suits are balance, breaking tackles and getting the extra yard(s). While not Mixon in receiving terms he is competent (ask the Rats who he burned last season for a TD). Also he is far better at pass protect than any other back we've had since Perine. So different skillset and one that fits the scheme the offense now uses better than Mixon's did.

These are current highlights. This is who the Texans invested 21 million in.
https://youtu.be/1HOvUiEZDMw?feature=shared

But this was a tough ass run on 4th down
https://youtu.be/haq1Av27JD4?feature=shared

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have top-level NFL talent at 4/5 of our starters. According to PFF each have had a season where he scored:

RT: 80.2
RG: 73.4
C: 72.2
LT: 76.5

Not to mention our "little guy" comes in at 6'4" 310

What about the LG?  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 10:02 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I chuckled. I completely agree. But none of those guys PFF grades in their career scream better than average. All weren’t re-signed. Trent Brown not close to what he was. Don’t get me wrong I love Zeus and Karras but I’ve not seen anything that makes me think much better than just solid

Trent Brown's PFF last year was an elite 80.2.

Karras wasn't great last year, but the year prior he had a 76.2 pass blocking grade.

Orlando Brown had a pass blocking grade of 77.2 in 2022 as well, but he wasn't as good last year with the Bengals.

Maybe these players just aren't as good in the Bengals offense because of the scheme?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 11:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Trent Brown's PFF last year was an elite 80.2.

Karras wasn't great last year, but the year prior he had a 76.2 pass blocking grade.

Orlando Brown had a pass blocking grade of 77.2 in 2022 as well, but he wasn't as good last year with the Bengals.

Maybe these players just aren't as good in the Bengals offense because of the scheme?

Are we getting the PFF Trent Brown of 2023 or 2022 (.80 or .67 ) Karras is our next best lineman coming in at #15 best center. Orlando Brown is right in the middle of all tackles.

Reply/Quote