Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is It Going To Take For You To Believe?
We've seen our team strikeout four consecutive times in the post season. Im sure you've thought that at least in one of those years we were really going to go deep into the playoffs when we didn't. (for me it was the year we lost to the Chargers)

My question is what, if anything, will it take for you to see this upcoming season that will make you truly believe we will get over the hump and make a deep run in the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: We've seen our team strikeout four consecutive times in the post season. Im sure you've thought that at least in one of those years we were really going to go deep into the playoffs when we didn't. (for me it was the year we lost to the Chargers)

My question is what, if anything, will it take for you to see this upcoming season that will make you truly believe we will get over the hump and make a deep run in the playoffs?

For me, it will take doing it.

I respect and appreciate the fact they got there 4 years and know it will be tough to get back the 5th time in a row.

But, we are never peaking by week 15 or so, we are in decline almost every time (2013 was the exception) so  just do it and then we will believe not onoy this year, but for the future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
An actual playoff win.  I won't truly believe until we get at least one.  Either that or a new HC.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I already see it. We have never had a running game like this with a healthy receiving corps.

I actually haven't seen Geno dominate in game conditions, but everyone claims he has regained his old form. That plus the return of Michael Johnson should be a huge boost for our defense.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: We've seen our team strikeout four consecutive times in the post season. Im sure you've thought that at least in one of those years we were really going to go deep into the playoffs when we didn't. (for me it was the year we lost to the Chargers)

This team has been talented enough, and played well enough to make the playoffs a franchise record 4 straight times.

This team has also bumbled, stumbled and fumbled in each of those games, which has lead to an NFL record 4 consecutive one and done's.

There have been a myriad of excuses made for each one of those losses. But IMO, each of those teams has looked ill prepared to play a full 60 minute postseason contest, and for the most part...haven't even bothered to show up in the 2nd halves.

People can make all the excuses they want (injuries, underdogs, rookies, on the road, etc, etc, etc)...but, we've seen other teams overcome these excuses at different times. This team has had 4 straight opportunities...and we're still left with nothing but the excuses.

What will make me believe they can go on a playoff run? Well, winning "one" would do a helluva lot for my confidence that they could do more. You might say I'm in the "show me" stage right now.

I hate sounding overly cynical, but based on the 4 outcomes so far, I'll believe in their postseason chances...when they show me they can compete in the postseason.
Reply/Quote
Once they win a playoff game. Until then, it's always "We're close..."
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: My question is what, if anything, will it take for you to see this upcoming season that will make you truly believe we will get over the hump and make a deep run in the playoffs?

Getting past 8-8. I said to myself after last years loss this team was done unless significant changes were made. (Coach). That didn't happen so..
I'm kinda expecting a down year. We are due for one regardless of what it all looks like on paper. 

Sorry if this attitude may upset some people.

btw:
This sight is setting off my Avast virus protection every time I click to make a comment. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Reply/Quote
It's a fascinating disposition isn't it?

We have one of the most talented rosters in the league and we're all skeptical that they can do anything with it.

1 playoff win won't do a lot except break an embarrassing streak, because if we lose the next one, we'll be 1-7 in the playoffs. Yipee.

Sure you'll be happy we finally won one, but in the midst of the offseason, you'll just be saying what you have been saying the last half decade.

All I want is for them to play to their true potential. No matter which result we get, you'll have your ultimate answer.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 06:10 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: btw:
This sight is setting off my Avast virus protection every time I click to make a comment. Is anybody else experiencing this?

It's been happening for me too.  Must be a problem with Avast.  I'm thinking about switching to something else.  It's annoying.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I believe that we can win one this year. The only playoff game we should have realistically won was against the chargers. I think we would have won against the Colts if we just had Green there.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 06:35 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It's been happening for me too.  Must be a problem with Avast.  I'm thinking about switching to something else.  It's annoying.

Avast is a decent free option, but it's also prone to "false flagging" legit sites. I use Bitdefender and have never had an issue. AVG is another good free alternative.
Reply/Quote

The chargers loss was a real boner killer for me too. ith our roster and drafting, I believe we can make a run every year. But for me, I think it will take the players getting over that mental hump of winning the first one. I think when they do, the dam is gonna break and playoff wins will come fast and furious.
Reply/Quote
Pretty simple.

First thing- we have to be healthy. Last two playoff appearances they have been decimated by injuries.

Second - be the higher seed and therefore the better team.

Three of the four years theyve been either the lowest seed in the playoffs or second to lowest seed, and thus having to play a superior team on the road. Three of to four years they have played on the road, in a hostile domed stadium, against higher seeded teams. They werent supposed to win.

If you taken out those games, there is only one game they lost that they were expected to win, and they basically played one bad half of football. Our defense fell apart, and our QB was getting totally killed as our decimated O-Line was unable to protect him and he was running for his life.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I thought this would be a poll question.

However, since it is not. I'll just go ahead and state that I am a believer. Yeah, I'm still butthurt over the playoff losses, yet I still realize that we have a good thing here.

So, winning the Super Bowl will just be sweet reward for years of heartache.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 06:17 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 1 playoff win won't do a lot except break an embarrassing streak, because if we lose the next one, we'll be 1-7 in the playoffs. Yipee.

Sure you'll be happy we finally won one, but in the midst of the offseason, you'll just be saying what you have been saying the last half decade.

Yeah, but at least we'd finally be off the damn list. That alone would mean a lot after 25 years.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown saying that if Marvin doesn't get to the superbowl this year that he is fired.
Reply/Quote
I'd say I would like to see a complete whoopin of divisional opponents.

It will be a lot easier for me to regain faith in the team if they put a pounding on Pittsburgh like they deserve.

Until then, I will always be a bit skeptical.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 06:10 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: btw:

It was doing that to me on a different laptop the other day. SUPER annoying.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 06:17 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It's a fascinating disposition isn't it?

We have one of the most talented rosters in the league and we're all skeptical that they can do anything with it.

1 playoff win won't do a lot except break an embarrassing streak, because if we lose the next one, we'll be 1-7 in the playoffs. Yipee.

All I want is for them to play to their true potential. No matter which result we get, you'll have your ultimate answer.

Yeah. One playoff win isn't really 'progress' at this point, in year 5.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Like many others have said...

Actually winning a playoff game. :snark:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote