Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is It Going To Take For You To Believe?
I'm easy. One preseason game with the Red Rifle shredding some bologna defense and my I'll be Super Bowl or bust.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 06:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Avast is a decent free option, but it's also prone to "false flagging" legit sites. I use Bitdefender and have never had an issue. AVG is another good free alternative.

Thank you for the info Almighty One!   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
The obvious playoff win is the easy thing to go to, but for me it's more than that.

I want to see this team come out and actually force their will on another team. It's not just about winning 45-0. It's about playing with confidence and pride. It's about showing some fire and determination, it's about seeing it in the walk back to the huddle and seeing the spirit on the sideline.

Somebody else brought up Pittsburgh, this team has been OWNED by the Steelers under Marvin. You can see them come out of the tunnel with their tails tucked between their legs every time ! You can see they're scared and it reflects in the results. I want to see this team come out of the tunnel and kick Pittsburgh's ass and do it with confidence ! I want to see the light in their eyes as they're doing it with their heads held high knowing they can and will win.

I want to see this team come out and play a damn primetime game and not fold up in a fetal position and totally embarrass themselves in the national spotlight. Then turn around and do it again the next time.

I want to see this team play past halfway in the season and not have a game where they need to be playing the Benny Hill theme song during the game and me putting the brown paper grocery bag over my head.

Do that and then of course show up as a team and play a damn playoff game without the deer in the headlight look on the team and the thousand yard stare by Marvin on the sideline.

Then I'll believe
Reply/Quote
Just win 1 playoff game and we can ignite the city
Reply/Quote
I will believe when we are in the playoffs leading by a big enough margin to offset our customary 0-3 point second half collapse.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: We've seen our team strikeout four consecutive times in the post season. Im sure you've thought that at least in one of those years we were really going to go deep into the playoffs when we didn't. (for me it was the year we lost to the Chargers)

My question is what, if anything, will it take for you to see this upcoming season that will make you truly believe we will get over the hump and make a deep run in the playoffs?

Like most others, it's going to take the team showing up in the playoffs and pulling out some wins. The embarrassing loses we've seen just suck the belief out.

Reply/Quote
Nothing until they actually do it.

Look at 2013. Went 8-0 at home. Already beat the Chargers, who BARELY beat the Chiefs backup players.

I will still believe and hope they win a playoff game, but I need to see it.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 06:17 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It's a fascinating disposition isn't it?

We have one of the most talented rosters in the league and we're all skeptical that they can do anything with it.

1 playoff win won't do a lot except break an embarrassing streak, because if we lose the next one, we'll be 1-7 in the playoffs. Yipee.

Sure you'll be happy we finally won one, but in the midst of the offseason, you'll just be saying what you have been saying the last half decade.

I have to disagree with you here. Sort of. I honestly think the fanbase will be thrilled by a playoff win. The day that dreadful streak ends is going to easily be the greatest time I've had as a Bengals fan.

One thing the Bengals never done under Mike Brown is have any inkling of playoff success. If the Bengals win a playoff game this year, I'll be able to talk about a Super Bowl run in '16 without feeling like an idiot. So as far as being a fan goes, it's going to great.

As a poster on these boards though, it'll probably be more complicated. I'm sure plenty of folks will be saying "I told you so" to all the doubters. The only response "doubters" will have would be to bring up the 1-7 record, which will make it seem as if they're not happy about the playoff win.

Honestly, it's pretty sad that I can predict how it's going to go once we win a playoff game, but these boards are always divisive and predictable.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 01:06 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Nothing until they actually do it.

Look at 2013. Went 8-0 at home. Already beat the Chargers, who BARELY beat the Chiefs backup players.

I will still believe and hope they win a playoff game, but I need to see it.

This. Also, I allowed myself to hope a little when they beat the Broncos in prime-time last year. I thought that if they could win a MNF game against Peyton, maybe they could finally pull off a playoff win too. Obviously that didn't work.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I already believe in this team but one thing I do need to see is if this team can stay committed  to the run game in the playoffs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: We've seen our team strikeout four consecutive times in the post season. Im sure you've thought that at least in one of those years we were really going to go deep into the playoffs when we didn't. (for me it was the year we lost to the Chargers)

My question is what, if anything, will it take for you to see this upcoming season that will make you truly believe we will get over the hump and make a deep run in the playoffs?

The sun will have to come up.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 01:21 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have to disagree with you here. Sort of. I honestly think the fanbase will be thrilled by a playoff win. The day that dreadful streak ends is going to easily be the greatest time I've had as a Bengals fan.

One thing the Bengals never done under Mike Brown is have any inkling of playoff success. If the Bengals win a playoff game this year, I'll be able to talk about a Super Bowl run in '16 without feeling like an idiot. So as far as being a fan goes, it's going to great.

As a poster on these boards though, it'll probably be more complicated. I'm sure plenty of folks will be saying "I told you so" to all the doubters. The only response "doubters" will have would be to bring up the 1-7 record, which will make it seem as if they're not happy about the playoff win.

Honestly, it's pretty sad that I can predict how it's going to go once we win a playoff game, but these boards are always divisive and predictable.

When it happens, for sure they'll be a huge relief that the wait is over, but then the next phase of desire begins. Just like no player just wants to win one playoff game, the fans don't want that either.

But we haven't won one in a quarter century, which makes it even more fascinating.
Reply/Quote
I will believe they can win a playoff game when they win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
I never believe we are going to win a Super Bowl. Every year i think we will have a good team or not so good of a team, but I never think we will win a Super Bowl. I don't base that on anything, I guess it just doesn't seem real. Ingrained I guess.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 11:45 AM)Stormborn Wrote: When it happens, for sure they'll be a huge relief that the wait is over, but then the next phase of desire begins. Just like no player just wants to win one playoff game, the fans don't want that either.

But we haven't won one in a quarter century, which makes it even more fascinating.

True, but I believe the next phase of desire will be full of optimism because we'll be able to talk about a Super Bowl realistically.

Talking about the possibility of winning a playoff game after a quarter century only brings frustration.

It's a terrible streak that only 1 other team's fan base can relate to (Lions). 

If we're just chasing a Super Bowl and not a first-in-25-years playoff win, we'll be right there with the rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 01:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This. Also, I allowed myself to hope a little when they beat the Broncos in prime-time last year. I thought that if they could win a MNF game against Peyton, maybe they could finally pull off a playoff win too. Obviously that didn't work.

I thought they had a pretty good chance against the Colts until Green and Gresham were out.
Reply/Quote
For me to believe prior to actually see it happen is to have the team make the playoffs and the following players healthy for the first playoff game:
Andy Dalton
Andrew Whitworth
AJ Green
Jeremy Hill
Marvin Jones
Tyler Eifert
Carlos Dunlap
Geno Atkins
Michael Johnson
Reggie Nelson
George Iloka
Adam Jones
Dre Kirkpatrick || Darqueze Dennard
Vontaze Burfict
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm excited for the season to start, I think the Bengals will do well and make the playoffs once again and I hope they make it all the way to the Super Bowl and win. It's the same every year for me, ever since I can remember.

But...

I've made it known multiple times where I stand and what I think will be a successful season. This Bengals team, if they can stay healthy, should at least make it to the AFC Championship game and be favored to win making it to the Super Bowl. It's year five and my schedule says Super Bowl win...this year but will settle for the AFC Championship game. If the Bengals do not make it to the AFC Championship game, while I know it won't happen, the coaching staff needs to be fired and the team blown up to start over again.

No, I'm not saying get rid of AJ Green or Geno Atkins, keep the best players, or the whole team if that's what the new coach wants. I'm saying to start over and get the freaking Super Bowl win or multiple wins.

We fans deserve multiple Super Bowl wins...yes, we deserve it putting up with the 90's and half of the 2000's. Have you watched NFL Channles Top 10 Worse Teams? They gave the Bengals of the 90's, plural, a spot because multiple Bengals teams would have taken up multiple spots.

WE FANS DESERVE AND ARE ENTITLED TO MULTIPLE SUPER BOWL WINS!!!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I need to see a few things:

Andy - he needs to be more consistent and play much better in "big" games
The team needs to win some primetime games and not look asleep or completely out-coached in any of them
The team needs to be pretty healthy come December
Reply/Quote