Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What O-linemen are going to be available for the Steeler game
Any of the injured guys coming back?
Reply/Quote
I think Hart is the only one not coming back. Hopkins definitely is and Williams likely is. The way XSF was doing drills 3 weeks ago I would be shocked if he wasn’t back as well. Should be a lot of opinions for the coaches.

Could see a line like:

Williams - Jordan/Spain - Hopkins - Redmond/XSF - Johnson/Adeniji
Reply/Quote
Williams - Spain - Price/Hopkins - XSF - Adeniji
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Give me Williams-Spain-Hop—XSF-Adeniji. I thinj Adeniji proved serviceable in his first game. I would like to see him get a lot of playing time the remainder of the year to see what we have with him.
Reply/Quote
It felt like Price was outperforming Hopkins based upon the last two weeks. If Price is the hot hand, I'd like to see him in at C for the Steelers match-up to understand if he is part of the future or another swing and miss
Reply/Quote
No talk of giving Finney a shot?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:16 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Give me Williams-Spain-Hop—XSF-Adeniji. I thinj Adeniji proved serviceable in his first game. I would like to see him get a lot of playing time the remainder of the year to see what we have with him.

See, I'm not giving Adeniji shit, because he did play a decent game, especially as a rookie that needs to get a touch stronger, but Fred had a just as good, if not better game than him, so why is everyone wanting to put in Adeniji over Fred?

Fred should've been the starting RT since day 1 anyways.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:20 PM)Sigfox77 Wrote: It felt like Price was outperforming Hopkins based upon the last two weeks. If Price is the hot hand, I'd like to see him in at C for the Steelers match-up to understand if he is part of the future or another swing and miss

I kind of agree with you; but, at the same time I don't want Burrow in traction after the game either. The people on here saying let's try this guy out and that guy out to see what we got against the Steelers Defense is absurd! That is not the defense to be "trying guys out" at if we don't want Burrow sacked 8 times and possibly injured.

I'll take Williams (if stinger is gone)  Spain   Hopkins   Redmond or Xavier   Hart
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: See, I'm not giving Adeniji shit, because he did play a decent game, especially as a rookie that needs to get a touch stronger, but Fred had a just as good, if not better game than him, so why is everyone wanting to put in Adeniji over Fred?

I think think about the puke worthy game at Guard, but so far each game hes played tackle for us, he's done adequately or better. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think Hart is the only one not coming back. Hopkins definitely is and Williams likely is. The way XSF was doing drills 3 weeks ago I would be shocked if he wasn’t back as well. Should be a lot of opinions for the coaches.

Could see a line like:

Williams - Jordan/Spain - Hopkins - Redmond/XSF - Johnson/Adeniji

I don't think Johnson will be cleared to come off the COVID list by gameday.  It's minimum 10 days for a positive test and he was placed on the list on the 6th.
Reply/Quote
Without Hart or Johnson over at RT against Watt, the Bengals are in deep trouble! Adeniji's admitted natural position is LT. At least Burrow will be able to see it coming and can get out and scramble. Lol
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see Johnson get more snaps at RT. Really, though, no guarantee how this disease will affect anyone coming back from having it on an individual basis, from a respiratory, cardio, or nervous system standpoint.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:20 PM)Sigfox77 Wrote: It felt like Price was outperforming Hopkins based upon the last two weeks. If Price is the hot hand, I'd like to see him in at C for the Steelers match-up to understand if he is part of the future or another swing and miss

Not to the people actually watching him closely. PFF killed him on his pass protection grade, and JT O’Sullivan pointed out one of the laziest, most pathetic efforts I’ve ever seen on the play where Burrow escaped all those sacks against the Titans.

No way in hell he should start over Hopkins.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: See, I'm not giving Adeniji shit, because he did play a decent game, especially as a rookie that needs to get a touch stronger, but Fred had a just as good, if not better game than him, so why is everyone wanting to put in Adeniji over Fred?

Agree

I'd like to see Williams Spain _______ XSF Johnson. I'm still on the fence about C Price or Hop ? I'd love to see that Price has finally turned it around but I'm afraid he really hasn't. And although Hopkins has done ok, when it gets right down to it he's not all that great either. So I dunno ?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 02:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

I'd like to see Williams Spain _______ XSF Johnson. I'm still on the fence about C Price or Hop ? I'd love to see that Price has finally turned it around but I'm afraid he really hasn't. And although Hopkins has done ok, when it gets right down to it he's not all that great either. So I dunno ?

The way I see it is Price is not good enough to be the future at C, so we should play the better guy in the meantime. Which is Hopkins. Especially against a team with a DL like Pittsburgh. Hopkins weakness is run blocking, not pass protection.

Reply/Quote

Because in a season that clearly does not matter from a playoff standpoint the coaches can evaluate the talent they have in the rook moving forward. If he excels then perhaps they don’t need to worry about drafting a RT near the top in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 02:22 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Because in a season that clearly does not matter from a playoff standpoint the coaches can evaluate the talent they have in the rook moving forward. If he excels then perhaps they don’t need to worry about drafting a RT near the top in the draft.

And the same goes for Fred.

Though we absolutely still should draft OL high.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If healthy Hart is better than any of those options and was starting to put together a decent year by PFF standards.. hopefully he can get back soon but at least we have a weak schedule coming up after Steelers
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:50 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Without Hart or Johnson over at RT against Watt, the Bengals are in deep trouble! Adeniji's admitted natural position is LT. At least Burrow will be able to see it coming and can get out and scramble. Lol

If Adeniji starts at RT, they just need to do the same thing they did with Johnson and Hart for a couple of games before he got hurt. It’s no miracle that Hart started “playing better” the coaches finally started keeping a RB in to block and putting a TE on his side to chip. Just do that with Adeniji, he’ll be serviceable. Once they stopped doing so much 5 WR empty backfield crap, all the sudden the line got better and Burrow got better.
Reply/Quote
I think the question is how many will be available for the second half.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote