Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What O-linemen are going to be available for the Steeler game
(11-09-2020, 03:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: If Adeniji starts at RT, they just need to do the same thing they did with Johnson and Hart for a couple of games before he got hurt. It’s no miracle that Hart started “playing better” the coaches finally started keeping a RB in to block and putting a TE on his side to chip. Just do that with Adeniji, he’ll be serviceable. Once they stopped doing so much 5 WR empty backfield crap, all the sudden the line got better and Burrow got better.

In particular once they had Gio back next to Burrow things improved. Gio is probably the best pass protecting back in the NFL and with him back there one blitzer or one leaker through the line wasn't death to the play anymore. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: See, I'm not giving Adeniji shit, because he did play a decent game, especially as a rookie that needs to get a touch stronger, but Fred had a just as good, if not better game than him, so why is everyone wanting to put in Adeniji over Fred?

Fred should've been the starting RT since day 1 anyways.

Fred has COVID.  Is he back already?  He needs to be practicing if he is not back...that is the only reason I would say Adeniji over Fred right now.  Plus, the steelers are his old team so I think he might like a shot at them.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think Johnson will be cleared to come off the COVID list by gameday.  It's minimum 10 days for a positive test and he was placed on the list on the 6th.

I think I heard he could be cleared by the Saturday but if he is cleared, he won't have practiced for two weeks. Don't think it would be smart to start him in that circumstance and would expect him to be active as a back-up only (and only then because they are short of Ts).
Reply/Quote