Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What Others Are Saying About Last Night's Fiasco
(01-30-2023, 07:56 PM)jason Wrote: The call that put them in easy FG range was correct. We benefitted from not having to use a challenge when they immediately overturned a play. Was it a poorly officiated game? Yup... But we didn't make enough plays to win. KC played better than us. I feel like it's that simple.

If the flagrant block In the back on the last punt was called, the chiefs didn't have field position to make a fg, we go to ot and win, would you still say kc played better than us in regular play? Hypothetical sure, but I don't think they played better than us. Pretty even honestly. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 05:17 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: If the flagrant block In the back on the last punt was called, the chiefs didn't have field position to make a fg, we go to ot and win, would you still say kc played better than us in regular play? Hypothetical sure, but I don't think they played better than us. Pretty even honestly. 

I personally would say they did, not by lots though. I felt like they moved the ball a bit easier than we did most of the game. We had the fluke fumble and the 4th down bomb to Chase keep us in the game at critical points. Not saying that discounts us or anything, just that we were definitely more clinging on than they were. 

In any case, the final score is indicative, it was a close game. Unfortunately impacted by very questionable officiating, but I personally bear no grudge with KC having won as I do think they were a little better than we were on the day. I once again do bear grudge with the NFL for the fact they cannot seem to ensure these games are well officiated though.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 05:17 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: If the flagrant block In the back on the last punt was called, the chiefs didn't have field position to make a fg, we go to ot and win, would you still say kc played better than us in regular play? Hypothetical sure, but I don't think they played better than us. Pretty even honestly. 

I sure would. They were all over Joe all night. We couldn't do the same to Mahomes. The refs DID suck though. I'm not claiming otherwise.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:02 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: This is news to me, but i was in the 300s and could barely see the field. Wouldn't have mattered in that game, but i'll take your word for it.

The refs always suck. You can't leave it in their hands. The Bengals brought their A game against y'all. Not so much on Sunday.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:56 PM)jason Wrote: The call that put them in easy FG range was correct. We benefitted from not having to use a challenge when they immediately overturned a play. Was it a poorly officiated game? Yup... But we didn't make enough plays to win. KC played better than us. I feel like it's that simple.

All of this.   But even if they made more plays than us - which Burrow echoed after the game - it was a really close game.   The refs were a fiasco - have been for so many games throughout the league this year.   But it was a game played by two teams decimated by injury who made a lot of amazing plays.

I'm proud of our team top to bottom, and I respect the opponent who made one or two more plays to win it.

I think Kelce and Mahomes showed little class in their post game contest, but I agree with Joe:  It's part of the game and there is a true element of fun in all of it.  I think it's awesome that the team leader sees it that way and shows so much class.   Patrick's comments directly to our players showed all the class I have come to expect from him. I have SO much hope for this team!
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 10:28 AM)jason Wrote: I sure would. They were all over Joe all night. We couldn't do the same to Mahomes. The refs DID suck though. I'm not claiming otherwise.

They didn’t out play us by much. The stats were close. It should have gone to OT. But we didn’t play like we did against the Bills. But the Chiefs were 0-3 I think their staff was a little under the gun. They had a bye week to work on the Bills and us. I think they out coached us. Mostly in the trenches.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 09:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Wow. Classless.

Not at all, Sledster.   The best scientist and one of the best men who ever lived said it way before I did:
  • Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal.” ― Carl Sagan ...
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 09:36 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Not at all, Sledster.   The best scientist and one of the best men who ever lived said it way before I did:

• Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal.” ― Carl Sagan ...

You won’t let it go. Fine. Science is great for explaining how things work in the universe. It has absolutely NOTHING to say in regards to why we are here. And answering that question is of tremendous importance to most people. The scientific method/viewpoint leaves much to be desired as a way of life.
And be all this as it may, belittling other’s’ beliefs doesn’t serve you very well, and in fact betrays immense immaturity on your part.

I would LOVE to debate you further in P&R.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 03:04 AM)SladeX Wrote: ...and in fact betrays immense immaturity on your part.

I believe the word you're looking for is... portrays
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: The Ossai call was legit, but then again, Mixon was hit way out of bounds by a second KC defender near the goal line and nothing was called. Be consistent. The PI call was weak AF, Steretore even alluded to it.

100% this
Reply/Quote
I hadn't seen this comment from Dan Blandino until today on ESPN. I'll post it for added completeness to this thread:

"Later in the AFC Championship Game, there was another controversial call when Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was whistled for intentional grounding on Cincinnati's final possession, a costly penalty that backed the Bengals up to their own 10-yard line with 1:27 remaining. Former vice president of officiating for the NFL and current Fox Sports rules analyst Dean Blandino said afterward it was an incorrect call because Chiefs defensive lineman Chris Jones hit Burrow as he threw the ball.

"If the quarterback starts his throwing motion, which the hand coming forward with the ball starts that motion, and then he's contacted by a defender, which impacts that motion, then you are not to call intentional grounding," Blandino said in a Twitter video posted by The 33rd Team."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35617448/roger-goodell-defends-nfl-officiating-never-better
Reply/Quote