Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting?
(07-19-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because the '07 study controlled for "precinct variability and race-specific estimates of crime participation."

Why don't you try educating yourself instead of just sticking your head in the ground and saying "I don't see anything wrong."  I keep answering every question you post by doing research and you just close your eyes and refuse to even look at the problem.  

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

You didn't post an 07 study.

Maybe you should stop jumping to conclusions, and start looking at things objectively. If there's a high crime rate area, you know what there's going to be more of? policing. Just because there is more policing in black neighborhoods doesn't mean that the police are targeting black people. It just means that they are targeting high crime rate areas.

The other study the police either had probable cause or the person gave consent to search. How is that targeting minorities if they gave consent to the search or the police had probable cause?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-19-2016, 11:35 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: You didn't post an 07 study.

Yes I did. It was the NYC study that you specifically asked me about. I assumed you would be able to figure that out since I was respond directly to your question about that study.

Again, perhaps you should educate yourself before making comments like this.
(07-19-2016, 11:35 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Maybe you should stop jumping to conclusions, and start looking at things objectively. If there's a high crime rate area, you know what there's going to be more of? policing. Just because there is more policing in black neighborhoods doesn't mean that the police are targeting black people. It just means that they are targeting high crime rate areas.

The highways of West Virginia are not black neighborhoods.

The NYC study on stop and frisk policies controlled for race-specific estimates of crime participation.

The study in Los Angeles controlled for crime rates in specific districts.

The police in East St Louis ADMITTED that they were told to target black people at malls.

But I am the one "jumping to conclusions" while you are "looking at things objectively"? Are you serious?

(07-19-2016, 11:35 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The other study the police either had probable cause or the person gave consent to search. How is that targeting minorities if they gave consent to the search or the police had probable cause?

Because they are pulled over more often and asked to submit to searches more often based on their race. That is the very definition of "racial profiling".

How can you not understand something so simple.
To be fair we don't know if in fact the crime rate would be higher if the rate at which people were stopped was the same. There is no way to tell either way though, so it is impossible to say it is higher or it is the same. We simply don't know, and can't know, because the rate at which they are searched is not similar enough.
Police across America have "quotas" or how they perceive it as "performance measures". They must have a certain amount of tickets, and a certain amount of arrest.
 Many times who do you think is targeted more?

http://politicalblindspot.com/ex-cop-admits-police-across-america-have-mandatory-ticket-and-arrest-quotas/

http://wtvr.com/2014/07/14/chesterfield-quota-investigation/

Quote:Lieutenant Colonel Dan Kelly with the Chesterfield Police Department said the mandates were not quotas and called them a perfectly legitimate performance standard.

A former officer with the Chesterfield Police Department came to CBS 6 investigative reporter Melissa Hipolit with concerns about the way he said the department measured officer performance. His recent review contained traffic stop and arrest mandates.

It showed the following work goals:

*             Two-three traffic stops per day
*             One arrest per day

“Failure to meet the expectation during this work performance plan will result in further disciplinary action,” the review read.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(07-19-2016, 12:47 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Police across America have "quotas" or how they perceive it as "performance measures". They must have a certain amount of tickets, and a certain amount of arrest.
 Many times who do you think is targeted more?

http://politicalblindspot.com/ex-cop-admits-police-across-america-have-mandatory-ticket-and-arrest-quotas/

http://wtvr.com/2014/07/14/chesterfield-quota-investigation/

How hard would it be for a cop to stop two people a day?  Every red light gets run all day long and everyone speeds everywhere.  As to the arrest, you pull over five people, one of them has a warrant.

If I'm the cop, I target 18-22 year old's traveling in groups.  Every group of people I was in a car with at 19 had somebody in it with a warrant on them and probably herb and open beers too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-19-2016, 06:21 PM)McC Wrote: How hard would it be for a cop to stop two people a day?  Every red light gets run all day long and everyone speeds everywhere.  As to the arrest, you pull over five people, one of them has a warrant.

If I'm the cop, I target 18-22 year old's traveling in groups.  Every group of people I was in a car with at 19 had somebody in it with a warrant on them and probably herb and open beers too.

Not one I was in at the age did.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-20-2016, 08:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not one I was in at the age did.

When I was that age, maybe the trees would have applied. But none of us were ever dumb enough to get caught doing anything and open containers are just stupid.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-19-2016, 06:21 PM)McC Wrote: Every group of people I was in a car with at 19 had somebody in it with a warrant on them and probably herb and open beers too.

Good thing you were white.
(07-19-2016, 06:21 PM)McC Wrote:   Every group of people I was in a car with at 19 had somebody in it with a warrant on them and probably herb and open beers too.

Not me
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(07-19-2016, 06:21 PM)McC Wrote: Every group of people I was in a car with at 19 had somebody in it with a warrant on them and probably herb and open beers too.

...and the was just travelling to the family reunion.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-15-2016, 06:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have no problems with people organizing to make a change.

I do have a problem with things like in a video I just saw where protestors wouldn't let an ambulance that had its lights on pass in the street.

However, my question is this: how many people even know what they're protesting and how many show up to protest because they play the victim card and feel like it's their right tp do so?  How many actually want to bring about change in a meaningful, effective way?  How many just enjoy playing the oppressed card?

I only bring this up because protestors like in this video seem to have no idea what they're protesting and are there for no other reason than to make noise?

They're trying to make a difference?  What does yelling at the police and causing a disturbance achieve?  The camera man put a camera in front of three people and asked what they were protesting and, if they wanted to make a change, they could have calmly spoke into the camera and told the reporter what they wanted changed and why they wanted it changed or why they were even mad.  That would have been taken seriously by a lot more people than just making the crowd look like a bunch of thugs who are just causing trouble because they have nothing better to do.

The woman on the news show that was talking to the host said "they're looking for solutions" but then, after the video, quickly changed to "I don't thin that's what most Black Lives Matter protests look like," but I've seen MAYBE one peaceful protest with people who actually seem like they know what they're protesting.

So back to my original question: how many people even know what they're protesting and how many show up to protest because they play the victim card and feel like it's their right tp do so?  How many actually want to bring about change in a meaningful, effective way?  How many just enjoy playing the oppressed card?

Im gonna give them a solid 10%, the other 90 is uneducated and just want a reason to be angry at "whitey".
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
(07-15-2016, 07:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While it is true that a few bad eggs does not mean that the entire basket is bad, it does however, make one leery to purchase that brand again..

Funny how we can use that term and apply it to BLM, but we cant apply it to law enforcement. Ninja
(07-20-2016, 01:34 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Funny how we can use that term and apply it to BLM, but we cant apply it to law enforcement. Ninja

It is hard to play the "one bad apple" card as long as there are cases like the Laquan McDonald shooting. The dash cam video proved that not only did the shooting officer lie, but all 5 other police on the scene lied to protect him. Then the District Attorneys office which saw the proof that the police were lying refused the charge the shooter and refused to release any video. You can't claim it is just "one bad apple" when the entire police force and the DA's office were guilty of lying and withholding evidence.

Seems to me that a lot of you white guys here are the ones who do not know what BLM is complaining about. And that is why they are so upset. I still do not agree with their extreme tactics, but it is clear that many white people are still ignorant of what exactly BLM is protesting.

If police were not so eager to lie to protect the bad cops maybe more people would accept the "one bad apple" line.
(07-20-2016, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is hard to play the "one bad apple" card as long as there are cases like the Laquan McDonald shooting.  The dash cam video proved that not only did the shooting officer lie, but all 5 other police on the scene lied to protect him.  Then the District Attorneys office which saw the proof that the police were lying refused the charge the shooter and refused to release any video.  You can't claim it is just "one bad apple" when the entire police force and the DA's office were guilty of lying and withholding evidence.

Seems to me that a lot of you white guys here are the ones who do not know what BLM is complaining about.  And that is why they are so upset.  I still do not agree with their extreme tactics, but it is clear that many white people are still ignorant of what exactly BLM is protesting.

If police were not so eager to lie to protect the bad cops maybe more people would accept the "one bad apple" line.

You say this as if people within a black community wouldn't collectively lie to protect one of their own. Claiming guys like Sterling were these innocent angels, pillars of the community, although he had a rap sheet a mile long, and at the time of the incident was a felony in possession of a weapon.

My sibling is biracial and ive witnessed discrimination first hand. So I don't like to see anyone put down based on the color of their skin, but I think the BLM is inherently racist and divisive.

If it accomplishing anything it incenses and intensifies racial tension in some of these communities.
(07-20-2016, 03:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You say this as if people within a black community wouldn't collectively lie to protect one of their own.

No I don't. Not at all. This is just a strawman you threw up because you were wrong.

Nothing you said changes the fact that you can't claim "one bad apple" when the entire police force and DA's office will lie to protect a lying cop.
(07-16-2016, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who are you to declare what is right and what criteria it takes to be educated on a topic?  I worked for a university and my direct contact with PhD students and professors of economics truly made me wonder just why every American and businessman/lawyer politician feels the need to tell me what will fix the economy.

That's just one example.  I think it was Jimmy Kimell who had someone going around asking people if they heard that Hillary Clinton sent a Linked-in request to Osama Bin Laden from her work email and not only did people think it was real, they said they heard about it prior to the interviewer mentioning it.

What's it matter though?  You know politics is watered down to the least common denominator when you see that it is color-coded for ease of identification.  Meh, so it goes.

Setting a bar or standard for being well versed in a topic is arbitrary, so it's okay for people to be completely uninformed about a topic?
(07-20-2016, 01:34 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Funny how we can use that term and apply it to BLM, but we cant apply it to law enforcement. Ninja

It was kind of funny seeing BLM distance themselves from the Dallas shooter.

I'm pretty sure they're the same people that tied Dylan Roof (a kid with mental health issues and a horrible home life) to people who like the Confederate flag or tied Elliott Rodger to "toxic masculinity"
(07-20-2016, 01:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im gonna give them a solid 10%, the other 90 is uneducated and just want a reason to be angry at "whitey".

That's exactly what I was pointing out in my OP.

It's like they're biologically programmed to play the victim card whenever there's anything that goes wrong and race is involved, which wouldn't be as bad if they were joining together to make a change or fix an injustice, but they're just doing it to make noise and cause problems.
(07-19-2016, 06:21 PM)McC Wrote: How hard would it be for a cop to stop two people a day?  Every red light gets run all day long and everyone speeds everywhere.  As to the arrest, you pull over five people, one of them has a warrant.

Who the hell did you hang out with?  The open beers I could see, but someone always had a warrant?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall