Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting?
(07-20-2016, 04:35 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It was kind of funny seeing BLM distance themselves from the Dallas shooter.

Unlike the police who band together and lie to protect the killers among them.

If the police were willing to distance themselves from the bad ones instead of setting up the famous "blue wall" people would be much more willing to accept the "one bad apple" line of thinking. Instead they get defensive at even the suggestion of an independent investigation.
(07-20-2016, 01:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im gonna give them a solid 10%, the other 90 is uneducated and just want a reason to be angry at "whitey".

(07-20-2016, 05:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's exactly what I was pointing out in my OP.

Excuse me, but.  .  .  

(07-15-2016, 07:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd specifically like to know how you came up with those percentages.
(07-20-2016, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Excuse me, but.  .  .  

Which you still haven't come up with an answer to.

I was agreeing that it was a large amount that have no idea, not a specific percentage, and that they were just looking for a reason to be angry, which I explained in the second section of my response.

Congrats again, though, of just deflecting attention away from your own posts and taking things out of context.

Typical of you.
(07-20-2016, 05:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's like they're biologically programmed to play the victim card whenever there's anything that goes wrong and race is involved,

No. They just know that police profile by race and are more violent with black suspects than white suspects.

It has nothing to do with "biologically programmed". It is just the fact that they are more aware of the truth better than you.
(07-20-2016, 06:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Which you still haven't come up with an answer to.

I was agreeing that it was a large amount that have no idea, not a specific percentage, and that they were just looking for a reason to be angry, which I explained in the second section of my response.

Congrats again, though, of just deflecting attention away from your own posts and taking things out of context.

Typical of you.
Shocked
(07-20-2016, 09:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  They just know that police profile by race and are more violent with black suspects than white suspects.

It has nothing to do with "biologically programmed".  It is just the fact that they are more aware of the truth better than you.

If that's not the way they were "biologically programmed," why wouldn't they have organized peacefully or had answers to what they were protesting when asked by reporters?

Goes back to playing the victim card instead of trying to make a real change.
(07-20-2016, 05:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Who the hell did you hang out with?  The open beers I could see, but someone always had a warrant?
About the same here.
Just open beers.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(07-20-2016, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No I don't.  Not at all.  This is just a strawman you threw up because you were wrong.

Nothing you said changes the fact that you can't claim "one bad apple" when the entire police force and DA's office will lie to protect a lying cop.

Sorry dude i'm not wrong. You cant apply the term to one side without being able to apply it to others.

People will lie to protect their own, no matter what side of the fence they are on. Its human nature to try and defend people who you share common ground with.

We get it Fred, you don't like cops.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
(07-20-2016, 09:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  They just know that police profile by race and are more violent with black suspects than white suspects.

It has nothing to do with "biologically programmed".  It is just the fact that they are more aware of the truth better than you.

Funny how people like to bring up profiling but always fail to think about that maybe the communities that some these cops work in.

Urban communities with a higher volume of people, closer together, have higher volumes of crimes.

Cops who work in predominately black communities are probably going to arrest a majority of black suspects. Why does this always get overlooked? Is it really hard to conceive that black criminals are committing the majority of crimes in black communities? Should be the same for white communities and white criminals. Is it really profiling or just the nature of the job?

Should police ignore crimes being committed by black criminals and only arrest white criminals to make things right?

"Sorry ma'am were not going to arrest the guy you claimed raped you because he's black and I don't want to seem like i'm profiling."
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
(07-20-2016, 10:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Shocked

If that's not the way they were "biologically programmed," why wouldn't they have organized peacefully or had answers to what they were protesting when asked by reporters?

Goes back to playing the victim card instead of trying to make a real change.

The majority of BLM related protests I have seen are peaceful and most people seem to understand their goals. It is really easy to take a video clip that tries to find those who are not as educated or those who cannot articulate what they're against, but it would be asinine to suggest that the majority cannot be peaceful and do not know why they are upset. 

What real change are you attempting to make?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-21-2016, 09:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The majority of BLM related protests I have seen are peaceful and most people seem to understand their goals. It is really easy to take a video clip that tries to find those who are not as educated or those who cannot articulate what they're against, but it would be asinine to suggest that the majority cannot be peaceful and do not know why they are upset. 

What real change are you attempting to make?

Am I out in the streets protesting something?  If this is a jab at my public speaking, I make it very clear what I'm attempting to change in the audience, because that's what people who are trying to change something do.

How many BLM related protests have you seen?  Where were they?  Were they peaceful like the people that peacefully stood with their arms locked and blocked an ambulance from getting by on a road?
(07-21-2016, 09:24 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Funny how people like to bring up profiling but always fail to think about that maybe the communities that some these cops work in.

Urban communities with a higher volume of people, closer together, have higher volumes of crimes.

Cops who work in predominately black communities are probably going to arrest a majority of black suspects. Why does this always get overlooked? Is it really hard to conceive that black criminals are committing the majority of crimes in black communities? Should be the same for white communities and white criminals. Is it really profiling or just the nature of the job?

Should police ignore crimes being committed by black criminals and only arrest white criminals to make things right?

"Sorry ma'am were not going to arrest the guy you claimed raped you because he's black and I don't want to seem like i'm profiling."

You bring up an excellent point. All the studies and statistics that are thrown out there, I don't think I've seen one address this point.

I'd like to see what the arrests/convictions/beatings/shootings/etc are by demographics per each community. For example, look at Community A. It is 87% black (compared to America's 13.?%). Are around 85-90% of arrests/convictions/beatings/etc. black people? If so, then I'd say that police department has 0 racial issues.

It's like the wage gap myth. If you take all women and all men and compare their salaries, yeah, it looks like women make less. But, when you start to look at the numbers, you see that men generally work longer hours, take less time off, and work at more financially rewarding positions and with that mind, you see that the difference in salaries between men and women is less than 5%.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-21-2016, 09:24 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Funny how people like to bring up profiling but always fail to think about that maybe the communities that some these cops work in.
....like i'm profiling."

This brings to mind the old Ron White story about getting pulled over for a DUI. He claimed the officers were profiling because they were pulling over everybody that was minding their own business and just driving down the sidewalk.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Funny how people are describing something NOT considered to be racial profiling.
Arrest are arrest. If a crime has been committed more than likely you will be arrested white, black or green. 

Profiling comes before an arrest.

Profiling is mainly assessing criminal suspiciousness. Mostly based on race.

Without more to go on, one may pulls him over for a pat-down on the chance that he may be carrying drugs or weapons.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(07-21-2016, 02:11 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Funny how people are describing something NOT considered to be racial profiling.
Arrest are arrest. If a crime has been committed more than likely you will be arrested white, black or green. 

Without more to go on, one may pulls him over for a pat-down on the chance that he may be carrying drugs or weapons.

Like this?

(07-21-2016, 12:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This brings to mind the old Ron White story about getting pulled over for a DUI. He claimed the officers were profiling because they were pulling over everybody that was minding their own business and just driving down the sidewalk.

Smirk
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-21-2016, 02:11 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Funny how people are describing something NOT considered to be racial profiling.

Too be fair, preventative policing stops plenty of crime and is necessary. The issue is the disproportionate application of it. Being able to stop someone because they are acting suspicious is how policing must be done. If all police work was reactionary you would live in a very bad place.
(07-21-2016, 09:14 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Sorry dude i'm not wrong. You cant apply the term to one side without being able to apply it to others.

So you agree that the you can not defend police action by blaming it on "a few bad apples"?

Then we are on the same page.

You really need to look at the research.

The study of West Virginia highway patrol stops and searches were not in high crime communities. They were on the state highways.

The police in East St Louis who admitted to racial profiling aid it took place at malls and had nothing to do with high crime neighborhoods.

Most other prominent studies that prove racial profiling control for the crime rate in the area.

There is tons of research out there. And there are police who admit to racial profiling. The only people who deny it happens are ignorant of the facts.

Rep.

They do not know what they are talking about, and they refuse to look at the facts.
(07-21-2016, 12:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You bring up an excellent point. All the studies and statistics that are thrown out there, I don't think I've seen one address this point.

The only way you could have NOT sdeen this addressed is if you never looked at the research. Most of the studies clearly say that they control for local crime rate.

You just don't see it because you do not want to see it.
(07-21-2016, 09:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only way you could have NOT sdeen this addressed is if you never looked at the research. Most of the studies clearly say that they control for local crime rate.

You just don't see it because you do not want to see it.
Or maybe you didn't actually read my post or understand basic English. I'm not talking about crime rates. I'm talking about police conduct/misconduct towards specific demographics on a local level.

But, hey, changing the subject and strawmen arguments are your forte.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk