Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Pollack wants in OL
(03-02-2022, 09:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: PFF TOP-10 PICK
As crazy as it is to say for a guy who's played the position for two years, Raimann's tape is the most polished of any tackle in the draft. REVIEW
Where he wins: Hands
Raimann still moves around the football field like a tight end, but those hands that used to catch passes now catch defensive linemen. His hand placement in the run game is already outstanding.

What's his role: Left Tackle
Raimann is a Day 1 starting left tackle in the NFL. He may be new to the position, but I wouldn't classify him as a project.

What can he Improve: Size
He's nowhere near as physically dominant as others in the tackle class. He needs to continue to fill out his frame.

SHADES OF
Lane Johnson
PROS
He can fly. One heck of an athlete for the position.
He's only been playing OT for two years! Started his career at tight end.
Slim but not weak. Play strength is fantastic for his size.
CONS
Arm length is on the low end for the position, barely hitting 33-inch cutoff.
Grade pumped up by low competition level; although, he did face LSU and Missouri.
Has put on 60 pounds in two years but still could stand to pack on mass.
POSITION TRAITS
Balance
Level 10 of 10
10 / 10
Strength
Level 7 of 10
7 / 10
Explosiveness
Level 9 of 10
9 / 10
Frame
Level 5 of 10
5 / 10

Arm length is Carmen's biggest downside to playing tackle.  

"Raimann's tape is the most polished of any tackle in the draft."  He is obviously a good player but that is a big statement regarding a small school kid that has only played the position for 22 games...

Again, you talk in absolutes "they will resign Reiff and Spain", "they will add a Top Center", "they will draft Rainnman", and I have zero reason not to believe you, but I certainly hope you are wrong on Reiff and Spain...
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have been hearing rumors of Reiff retiring cause he has a degenerative issue in his ankle. Will need someone else in 
front of Raimann if this is the case. Not saying Raimann isn't talented, he sure is. Just don't want him starting as a 
rookie at RT, hardly ever works out well for OT's just starting right off the bat. 

Moses, Armstead, Trent Brown or even Duane Brown would be needed. I don't know if Duane Brown fits what Pollack
wants though as he doesn't look very athletic and he is pretty dang old at 36.

He also played against lowly competition. But I do like the guy to develop no question.

Free Agent tackles ridiculous in price. They’ve got no choice. They love their locker room. In order to resign as many as they can they can’t go with 1 OT at 20 million. They are looking at their entire roster. They really like it … except the OL obviously
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Free Agent tackles ridiculous in price. They’ve got no choice. They love their locker room. In order to resign as many as they can they can’t go with 1 OT at 20 million. They are looking at their entire roster. They really like it … except the OL obviously

Show me 1 ot in this free agent class that’s going to get 20 mil per

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:36 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I feel like our best bet (and most realistic idea) is to solidify one of the guard spots and the RT spot in FA. That leaves Hopkins at Center. As much as I feel we can upgrade at C, I don't know if I'm sold on the Bengals feeling the same way. We would enter the draft with one of the guard spots open. Some say that's Carman's spot to lose, but if there is a solid, day 1 starting guard at 31, you take him. Let Carman earn that guard spot.

If the Bengals weren't sold on Carman last season to start him when Burrow was getting annihilated, then why should anyone be sold on him going into 2022? It wouldn't be bad if we did draft a guard at 31 and Carman pans out. Depth, depth, depth!

I am with you Bengalpool. Hopkins isn't terrible at Center and he would be healthy this year providing he doesn't get injured
again and if Linderbaum falls, take him and let them battle it out. I bet Linderbaum wins and we can cut ties with Hop after.

Get the RG and RT spots taken care of with veterans. Heck, Carman looked very good at LG filling in for Spain when we beat
the Chiefs the first time. I also like the Guards that will be available early and Samaree Salyer Guard out of Georgia is really 
flying up my radar the more I see of him and he is athletic and plays mean.

Sounds like a fit for Pollack, let Salyer or another early Guard and Carman battle it out at LG.

(03-02-2022, 09:36 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Raimann would piss me off. If we take OL at 31, he better be starting.

That is all I am saying. I don't know if Raimann would start over Prince, that sucks man.

(03-02-2022, 09:37 PM)pulses Wrote: I'd take Tomlinson and Daniels

Love both these guys as well. Just want a RT for sure, these guys are both interior Lineman.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:38 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Arm length is Carmen's biggest downside to playing tackle.  

"Raimann's tape is the most polished of any tackle in the draft."  He is obviously a good player but that is a big statement regarding a small school kid that has only played the position for 22 games...

Again, you talk in absolutes "they will resign Reiff and Spain", "they will add a Top Center", "they will draft Rainnman", and I have zero reason not to believe you, but I certainly hope you are wrong on Reiff and Spain...

They have to have depth. The teams with a top QB and depth are the teams that are going to be challenging for the super bowl. Injuries to linemen are frequent and most teams sink so much money in starters and tackles that if they lose just one they are toast.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Free Agent tackles ridiculous in price. They’ve got no choice. They love their locker room. In order to resign as many as they can they can’t go with 1 OT at 20 million. They are looking at their entire roster. They really like it … except the OL obviously

We can afford one of the top 5 OT's I have no doubt and it is essential.

You cannot on the other hand rely on a rookie starting at OT. This would be a huge mistake in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:52 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Show me 1 ot in this free agent class that’s going to get 20 mil per

Terron Armstead

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/terron-armstead-12356/market-value/

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Understdable and why Reiff will be resigned. Before he got hurt ( that counts the two games he played hurt) Reiff’s PFF grade was top 15. But as far as Raimman he’s ridiculously athletic. You need to read up on Lane Johnson of the eagles. Same deal. Raimman is the best OT prospect in years. Top  Free Agent tackles are 20 million. They’ve got to develop one and the new OL assistant coached Raimann. They are crossing their fingers he’s there.

The Bengals also like guys that are Senior Bowl standouts and Bernhard Raimann struggled big time against better competiton. 

Not only did he come in barely touching the backend of the length chart but he had just awful hands. I think he got hands on a defender like once in 1 on 1s and didnt look good as a run blocker.

Bernhard Raimann is at best a project from a small school that has an high possibly to sliding inside because of his length. After watching him I have a 3rd round grade on him.

Edit: Here is Raimann's Senior Bowl 1 on 1s.
https://youtu.be/ShAzLc5PGl8
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Terron Armstead

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/terron-armstead-12356/market-value/

We’ll see

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Norwell.............$7.5 million
Moses...............$7.5 million 
James Daniels...$10 million

That won't work unless they push payday down the road (not a good idea) or else they release Hopkins.

Okay, that’s $25M for three players. Releasing Hopkins saves $6M. Adding Norwell and Moses pushes two low level contracts out of the top 51 saves approximately $1.5M. Effective cap hit is < $18M.

Leaving $31M?

Release Waynes and that gives them $41M. There is no reason why they can’t do that.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 11:16 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals also like guys that are Senior Bowl standouts and Bernhard Raimann struggled big time against better competiton. 

Not only did he come in barely touching the backend of the length chart but he had just awful hands. I think he got hands on a defender like once in 1 on 1s and didnt look good as a run blocker.

Bernhard Raimann is at best a project from a small school that has an high possibly to sliding inside because of his length. After watching him I have a 3rd round grade on him.

Edit: Here is Raimann's Senior Bowl 1 on 1s.
https://youtu.be/ShAzLc5PGl8

He didn’t have a great Senior Bowl but I just spent hour reading all his info from the senior bowl. He’s still highly coveted in numerous mocks after the senior bowl ?‍♂️
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 11:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He didn’t have a great Senior Bowl but I just spent hour reading all his info from the senior bowl. He’s still highly coveted in numerous mocks after the senior bowl ?‍♂️

The Offensive Tackle class after the first two are alot developmental prospects which pushes small school guys like Raimann up in the draft class. It's more which developmental guy do you like above another...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 11:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He didn’t have a great Senior Bowl but I just spent hour reading all his info from the senior bowl. He’s still highly coveted in numerous mocks after the senior bowl ?‍♂️

Highly coveted by pundits who aren’t in the NFL playing make believe before the combine and pro days?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 12:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Highly coveted by pundits who aren’t in the NFL playing make believe before the combine and pro days?

Daniel Jeremiah NFL.com
Pick
Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles Chargers
SELECTION: Bernhard Raimann, OT
School: Central Michigan
Year: Senior

I’m higher on Raimann than most evaluators, but I believe in his play strength (his hands and core strength jump off the screen) and instincts. He starts Day 1 at right tackle and would team with 2021 first-rounder Rashawn Slater to give the Chargers excellent bookends to protect Justin Herbert.

Todd McShay

31. Cincinnati Bengals

Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan

Do we even need to explain this one? Cincinnati allowed 55 sacks in 2021 (third most), and then it took 19 more across four playoff games. Its 48.8% pass block win rate was 30th in the NFL. The season ultimately ended on a pressure, as Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald got to quarterback Joe Burrow on the Bengals' final offensive play of the Super Bowl. Burrow is one of the best young passers in the game, and Cincinnati must, must, must clean up the offensive line to keep him healthy and let him operate the offense with more ease. Raimann has a powerful upper body and shuts down pass-rushers when he gets his hands inside

Mel Kiper has Raimann going to the Dolphins at 29.

Raimann is also going to the Chiefs and Raiders in mock drafts.
Reply/Quote
Where would you put Bernhard Raimann in the 2021 OT draft class? Is he closer to Samuel Cosmi or D'Ante Smith? With his poor technique he's closer to Smith.

Hands are low late slow and outside in pass protection that never varies. He will be abused early in the NFL by any technical rusher.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 12:02 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Daniel Jeremiah NFL.com
Pick
Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles Chargers
SELECTION: Bernhard Raimann, OT
School: Central Michigan
Year: Senior

I’m higher on Raimann than most evaluators, but I believe in his play strength (his hands and core strength jump off the screen) and instincts. He starts Day 1 at right tackle and would team with 2021 first-rounder Rashawn Slater to give the Chargers excellent bookends to protect Justin Herbert.

Todd McShay

31. Cincinnati Bengals

Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan

Do we even need to explain this one? Cincinnati allowed 55 sacks in 2021 (third most), and then it took 19 more across four playoff games. Its 48.8% pass block win rate was 30th in the NFL. The season ultimately ended on a pressure, as Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald got to quarterback Joe Burrow on the Bengals' final offensive play of the Super Bowl. Burrow is one of the best young passers in the game, and Cincinnati must, must, must clean up the offensive line to keep him healthy and let him operate the offense with more ease. Raimann has a powerful upper body and shuts down pass-rushers when he gets his hands inside

Mel Kiper has Raimann going to the Dolphins at 29.

Raimann is also going to the Chiefs and Raiders in mock drafts.

Pull up Billy Price’s draft profiles for me.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am with you Bengalpool. Hopkins isn't terrible at Center and he would be healthy this year providing he doesn't get injured
again and if Linderbaum falls, take him and let them battle it out. I bet Linderbaum wins and we can cut ties with Hop after.

Get the RG and RT spots taken care of with veterans. Heck, Carman looked very good at LG filling in for Spain when we beat
the Chiefs the first time. I also like the Guards that will be available early and Samaree Salyer Guard out of Georgia is really 
flying up my radar the more I see of him and he is athletic and plays mean.

Sounds like a fit for Pollack, let Salyer or another early Guard and Carman battle it out at LG.

That is all I am saying. I don't know if Raimann would start over Prince, that sucks man.

Love both these guys as well. Just want a RT for sure, these guys are both interior Lineman.

nfl.com compares Salyer to Spain believe it or not......I like Spain but we need someone better than another Spain.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Norwell.............$7.5 million
Moses...............$7.5 million 
James Daniels...$10 million

That won't work unless they push payday down the road (not a good idea) or else they release Hopkins.

It can work. A good OL is more important to this offense than mixon and boyd. I love both, but sometimes you have to make business decisions that are tough. I’d try and flip Boyd for a second round pick, to someone like the packers, assuming they retain Rodgers and Adams. That would free up 10m and they could probably sign a FA (someone in the Emmanuel sanders mold) to be a 3rd WR.

Christian Kirk - 77-982-5
Jamison Crowder - 51- 477-2 (bad bad jets team, two years ago he was 78-833- 6)
DJ Chark - injured last year but had two productive years before that.
Cedrick Wilson - 45 - 602 -6
Zay Jones - 47 - 546 - 1
Sanders - 42 - 626 - 4

None of these guys are as good as boyd, but it’s a business. I also think there is more upside in playing with burrow (with more time) than any previous Situation.
Reply/Quote
Can't get to the 2nd level if you can't pass the 1st level.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 12:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: It can work. A good OL is more important to this offense than mixon and boyd. I love both, but sometimes you have to make business decisions that are tough. I’d try and flip Boyd for a second round pick, to someone like the packers, assuming they retain Rodgers and Adams. That would free up 10m and they could probably sign a FA (someone in the Emmanuel sanders mold) to be a 3rd WR.

Christian Kirk - 77-982-5
Jamison Crowder - 51- 477-2 (bad bad jets team, two years ago he was 78-833- 6)
DJ Chark - injured last year but had two productive years before that.
Cedrick Wilson - 45 - 602 -6
Zay Jones - 47 - 546 - 1
Sanders - 42 - 626 - 4

None of these guys are as good as boyd, but it’s a business. I also think there is more upside in playing with burrow (with more time) than any previous Situation.

The Packers are $50M over the cap. They aren’t trading for Boyd. I don’t understand why some think the Bengals can get a 2nd round pick in return for what they consider is an overpriced WR.
Reply/Quote