Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What QB should I pick for my FF team?
I was wondering what QB's should I pick for my Fantasy Football team? Is Brady still able to play well or has age caught up to him? What about RGIII in Cleveland? Will he have a great year with Hue at the helm? Dalton will have a consistent year so he would be a safe pick. I also like Carson Palmer having a good year last year. I'm not sure Rodgers has the receivers this year. I'm leaning toward Stafford too. Whom would you pick?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Losing Megatron is going to hurt Stafford. understand taking Brady that you will miss 1/4 of the season. If you do take him, handcuff Jimmy G.

I see Cam and Rodgers getting the most love. If I were to point to someone of value I'd look to Matty Ice or Fitz
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree Cam would be a good pick. Not liking Luck too much. I always pick the QB early and get burnt by an injury or poor play. I plan on taking QB further down this year so hoping a decent one is still available. We'll see what happens.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Stay away from Osweiler, looks like Hopkins might possibly be sitting the year out.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Blake Bortles, stock rising! Unless he has serious Sophomore slump, dude should be outstanding. Plenty of weapons/

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bortles is an outstanding pick you could get in later rounds. Dude is souring and feel he will only improve. Now, if you get the combo of Bortles/Robinson? Well, they will get you many points.

Reply/Quote
Nobody ever takes ole Rivers early. You can get him pretty late and fill up the rest of your roster. I also think Luck will have a fine bounce back. His ADP is pretty low given his injury and play in general last year, but he will still put up volume.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Blake Bortles, stock rising!  Unless he has serious Sophomore slump, dude should be outstanding.  Plenty of weapons/

It's Bortles 3rd year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's Bortles 3rd year

My, how time flies.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 08:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bortles is an outstanding pick you could get in later rounds. Dude is souring and feel he will only improve. Now, if you get the combo of Bortles/Robinson? Well, they will get you many points.

I picked him off the scrap heap last year.  Keeping him for an 8th round pick.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 08:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bortles is an outstanding pick you could get in later rounds. Dude is souring and feel he will only improve. Now, if you get the combo of Bortles/Robinson? Well, they will get you many points.

Thanks Harley. You're in my league. Maybe I should pick Bortles in early round. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 07:28 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Thanks Harley. You're in my league. Maybe I should pick Bortles in early round. lol

You can't...  Unless you really, really want him. Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Palmer's going to have a big year in Arizona.

Luck should also put up some good numbers.

This is an unusual year because people aren't going to pick a QB until the mid-to-late rounds, and running backs won't dominate the first round, receivers will.
Reply/Quote
It amazes me that no one ever mentions the guy that's scored the most fantasy points over the last 3 years at QB...

Russell Wilson. The guy is allergic to interceptions and he throws a good amount of TDs and he's still young.

Oh yeah. One more thing. He threw for over 4,000 yards last year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 12:41 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It amazes me that no one ever mentions the guy that's scored the most fantasy points over the last 3 years at QB...

Russell Wilson. The guy is allergic to interceptions and he throws a good amount of TDs and he's still young.

Oh yeah. One more thing. He threw for over 4,000 yards last year. 

Obviously Wilson is a great pick, but he is still going too early for my take. I am definitely part of the group that takes a QB very late. In the modern league there usually isn't a huge difference in scoring from the QBs 5-12 so take #12 late and use those mid round picks to stock up on WR and RB. This obviously isn't true every year and there are sometimes I will take a guy in say the 6th round if I think he will way outproduce that spot.

I also think people may sleep on Brees this year given the Saints being kinda bad lately and him being old. He will put up 4,700 yards and 33+ TDs like he always does.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 02:40 AM)MrRager Wrote: Obviously Wilson is a great pick, but he is still going too early for my take. I am definitely part of the group that takes a QB very late. In the modern league there usually isn't a huge difference in scoring from the QBs 5-12 so take #12 late and use those mid round picks to stock up on WR and RB. This obviously isn't true every year and there are sometimes I will take a guy in say the 6th round if I think he will way outproduce that spot.

I also think people may sleep on Brees this year given the Saints being kinda bad lately and him being old. He will put up 4,700 yards and 33+ TDs like he always does.

Brees is a machine. I agree on QB late cause there's always someone sitting there in rd7 or 8. But if Wilson is still there in rd5, i scoop him up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 04:08 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Brees is a machine. I agree on QB late cause there's always someone sitting there in rd7 or 8. But if Wilson is still there in rd5, i scoop him up. 

Tony Romo has the easiest schedule out of all QBs (based on last years numbers).  Pairing him with Brady is not a bad idea.

Bree's is great value on the 5th/6th you can pencil him
In for 5,000 and 30+ td.  Adding new Michael Thomas, and fleener will only increase his ceiling.  Last year on his contract and something to prove. His best group of weapons in over 3 years.

I'm targeting Bree's and cooks in all leagues.  Belicheck said he was the best receiver he has practiced against and was torching them in joint practice.  Second half last year he was unstoppable and with new targets it will open him up more.
Reply/Quote
I agree with many of the comments. Wait until later rounds to scoop up the QB because some decent picks will probably remain on the board. Going for RB and WR first.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote