Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Should vs What Will
What Should Happen?

1. Lewis, Zampese, Alexander fired.
2. Interim HC in place temporarily.

What Will Happen?

NOTHING!!! Because MB is the only one who can make what 'should' happen, happen!

Yes, I know he can't be fired or traded, but until he steps down or gives up control, I will focus on the Eagles games and watch them through my DTV NFL Ticket starting this Sunday!!!

I will continue to hope and follow the scores of the Bengal games but I cannot continue to watch this.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:15 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I will continue to hope and follow the scores of the Bengal games but I cannot continue to watch this.

That's usually what I end up doing... I just "detach" myself and take more interest in other things.
Sad, really.
Reply/Quote
That's pretty much where I'm at.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
again
Reply/Quote
Well you can't fire everyone on a staff mid season because frankly it's too late for wholesale changes. I'd like to see Zampese fired based on some of the AJ's remarks it sounds like he puts a lot of the blame on the OC. We can't fix the line this season new OL coach or not. A good OC can in fact still scheme around the bad O line, by doing things I have said for two weeks now. Move the freaking launch point with bootlegs and waggles.
Reply/Quote
We gifted Zampese the job because he hung around long enough to redeem his rewards
Reply/Quote
That's my plan. I'll adopt the Vikings. I don't feel so guilty because of Zimmer. I'll still hope for the best in the offseason, hoping Marvin doesn't return, some FA help, and a good draft. But I hate to see this team so bad, and am already at the point I cant finish a game without a bottle of Crown!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: That's my plan. I'll adopt the Vikings. I don't feel so guilty because of Zimmer. I'll still hope for the best in the offseason, hoping Marvin doesn't return, some FA help, and a good draft. But I hate to see this team so bad, and am already at the point I cant finish a game without a bottle of Crown!

It is nice to have a reason to root for another team at times as I do really like Zimmer and wanted him to coach here.

I just can't stand watching Marvin and his crew anymore it just sucks he coaches my favorite team.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: Well you can't fire everyone on a staff mid season because frankly it's too late for wholesale changes. I'd like to see Zampese fired based on some of the AJ's remarks it sounds like he puts a lot of the blame on the OC. We can't fix the line this season new OL coach or not. A good OC can in fact still scheme around the bad O line, by doing things I have said for two weeks now. Move the freaking launch point with bootlegs and waggles.

I don't disagree with any of this, but it won't happen and we know why and who's to blame!!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: Well you can't fire everyone on a staff mid season because frankly it's too late for wholesale changes. I'd like to see Zampese fired based on some of the AJ's remarks it sounds like he puts a lot of the blame on the OC. We can't fix the line this season new OL coach or not. A good OC can in fact still scheme around the bad O line, by doing things I have said for two weeks now. Move the freaking launch point with bootlegs and waggles.

Not everyone, but I'd get rid of Zampeze now - and , God bless him, Marvin.   I just think his hand needs to be removed from all of the controls.  As much as he's done for this team I think he's become kryptonite for the team.
Reply/Quote
This is the problem when you don't make changes in the offseason.

At this point, if you fire Zampese, who are you going to have run the offense? We don't have a veteran position group guy that can take that over. It's not like Hue Jackson is here running the WR group anymore. It's not like having a vet LB coach like Haslett that could take over as DC.

As far as I'm concerned, you don't have the talent on the line to do anything this year. I wouldn't make any changes. None. Let the season ride out and clean house.

Make changes now, and then you might have a team win 5 or 6 games late and then you are stuck with the same bullshit next year.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, but that will only work for so long.  Once the defenses know you are doing a lot of those, they will keep guys to the outside on the pass rush to contain those.  We can't block anyone up the middle, so the defense doesn't need to scheme any extra rush through there.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:41 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This is the problem when you don't make changes in the offseason.

At this point, if you fire Zampese, who are you going to have run the offense?  We don't have a veteran position group guy that can take that over.  It's not like Hue Jackson is here running the WR group anymore.  It's not like having a vet LB coach like Haslett that could take over as DC.

As far as I'm concerned, you don't have the talent on the line to do anything this year.  I wouldn't make any changes.  None.  Let the season ride out and clean house.

Make changes now, and then you might have a team win 5 or 6 games late and then you are stuck with the same bullshit next year.

That's what CEO Hammerstripes would do, but I have zero confidence that MB will do ANY of this.  Lewis may retire and/or get replaced but unless he replaces him with someone on the outside, I think things stay status quo.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:43 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, but that will only work for so long.  Once the defenses know you are doing a lot of those, they will keep guys to the outside on the pass rush to contain those.  We can't block anyone up the middle, so the defense doesn't need to scheme any extra rush through there.

That is the point. When you slow down the back end pursuit for running plays with the bootleg it allows the HB to find cut back lanes more easily because the backside pursuit is held worried about keeping contain. Nothing works 100% of the time it is about how it helps develop other areas of the offense.
Reply/Quote
I think the quick fix is to fire Zampese. I don't see another coach on the roster who would take over playcalling other than maybe Urban.

Note: We have Jim Haslett on our coaching staff who was a HC before.
Reply/Quote