Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Vegas and the National Media is not talking about
(08-30-2022, 03:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A lot of teams on 3rd and 25 do a screen pass so the QB doesn't get killed. And to gain some yards for an easier punt.

I wonder what percentage actually try to throw the ball 25+ yards in the air?

Not many. Out of the 1,118 3rd and 25+ since 1999, only 151 of them have had a pass attempted that was longer than 10 yards. Only 44 of them have had a pass attempted longer than 25 yards, to answer your exact question. That is 3.9%. Of those 44 attempts, four were converted, or 9%. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So far not one person who felt they were big and tough enough to call me a troll is willing to answer a simple question.

Maybe a mod should lock this thread to save them from further embarrassment.

Speaking of not answering questions...I've asked you a couple of times why you can't just admit it was a great play and great execution? Even Chiefs fans can admit it was a great play without trying to discredit it as lucky or fluky. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When the number is ZERO (as in 0-137) then the burden is on YOU to show which situations would have taken "luck" out of the equation.

So why don't you post all those examples of teams converting 3rd-and-25 and show the context to prove which ones did not involve any luck.

You're providing info with no context, and then making broad claims off it. It's up to you to prove the narrative you're pushing.

Bottom line is that unless you can show that ANY of the 137 were similar to the Bengals situation vs the Chiefs...your entire point with these stats is completely irrelevant and useless.
Reply/Quote
My definition of a fluke The Andy Dalton Hailmary TD pass to AJ Green to force OT VS Ravens. Fred's definition Joe Mixon breaking a 45 yard TD because that's ten times over his average.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 08:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is a logical disconnect in your argument.

You can't claim the team had the same talent and planning the first 13 games when they were just 7-6 as they did winning 3 straight playoff games.  After 7 weeks into the season we only had one win against a team that would finish with a winning record (and just barely at 9-7-1)

There had to be something else coming into play because the results were very different.

It is very simple… they have a really young team that lacked experience. They also had a really bad O-line that required changes to the gameplan. Joe burrow hadn’t played a full season, jamar was a rookie, defense added many new players and needed to learn to play together as a unit, tee was in his second year, rookie starting on the o-line. I mean it’s pretty simple - the more reps and more experience playing along each other created better play at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:07 AM)CSPABengals Wrote: It is very simple… they have a really young team that lacked experience. They also had a really bad O-line that required changes to the gameplan. Joe burrow hadn’t played a full season, jamar was a rookie, defense added many new players and needed to learn to play together as a unit, tee was in his second year, rookie starting on the o-line. I mean it’s pretty simple - the more reps and more experience playing along each other created better play at the end of the season.

Nice post and welcome to the greatest Bengals board... Rock On

So true, we were an extremely young team roster wise and even our coaches were young. We were the youngest team to ever
reach the SuperBowl for heck sake. It was extremely refreshing watching how this young team and coaches grew as the season
went on. What is nice is we kept this team intact for the most part while adding clear upgrades to our biggest weakness...

That really bad O-line you speak of is revamped.
Reply/Quote