Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What Will Be This Year's Scenario?
The Bengals have shot themselves in the foot every year since Mike Brown took the helm.

Will this be another year of the same?

The Browns have been one of, if not the worst team in football since the new team was birthed after the old team snuck out to Baltimore, and yet, they make the playoffs and not only win but beat the Steelers!

I see another year of failure for the Bengal franchise. Just not sure how?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 08:38 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The Bengals have shot themselves in the foot every year since Mike Brown took the helm.

Will this be another year of the same?

The Browns have been one of, if not the worst team in football since the new team was birthed after the old team snuck out to Baltimore, and yet, they make the playoffs and not only win but beat the Steelers!

I see another year of failure for the Bengal franchise. Just not sure how?

I'm watching the lions vs squeelers now and the squeelers are dominating like usual. a 50 yrd bomb from ben to his WR. Their line opening holes for their RB and their D getting sacks early in the game.  

Either the LIons are just too weak or the squeelers will be dominating again.   We have a lot of faces, we improved our defense a bit from when Virgil was around but we still have a lot of work to do, personnel wise and coaching too.
Reply/Quote
Lol that’s the spirit.

Scenario this year is hey we are getting better but in a tough as nails division. I think we will handle lesser teams and lose to those with upper tier QBs.
Reply/Quote
It’s gunna be hard to be successful in our division.

Najee Harris was a big pickup by the Steelers. If they sort their offensive line out they will be really good with all the weapons they have. Their D was great before injuries last year too.

The Ravens are obviously amazing on both sides and I’m not so sure this is the year we can beat them even once. We’ll see.

The Browns maybe we can split with, but they’re good too.

Can we stop the Ravens or browns rushing attack? Our run defense needs to step up this year. Hopefully reader can stay healthy. We were doing a decent job before he went out last year.

What will the scenario be? Honestly it’s just hard to predict this year. There are still lots of reasons to be weary. But there are lots of reasons to be hopeful too. We had a good couple of offseasons. I think everyone would be a lot more confident if burrow didn’t have such a severe injury. We could be terrible if things fall a certain way with injuries and whatnot. We could be middle of the pack and show signs of getting better. We could be really good. It’s hard to say.

It’s hard to say if and when we can turn a corner as a franchise. Keeping burrow healthy and making sure he has a long career gives us the best odds of turning a corner. If his career is continually put in jeopardy it’s back to the drawing board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:01 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It’s gunna be hard to be successful in our division.

Najee Harris was a big pickup by the Steelers. If they sort their offensive line out they will be really good with all the weapons they have. Their D was great before injuries last year too.

The Ravens are obviously amazing on both sides and I’m not so sure this is the year we can beat them even once. We’ll see.

The Browns maybe we can split with, but they’re good too.

Can we stop the Ravens or browns rushing attack? Our run defense needs to step up this year. Hopefully reader can stay healthy. We were doing a decent job before he went out last year.

What will the scenario be? Honestly it’s just hard to predict this year. There are still lots of reasons to be weary. But there are lots of reasons to be hopeful too. We had a good couple of offseasons. I think everyone would be a lot more confident if burrow didn’t have such a severe injury. We could be terrible if things fall a certain way with injuries and whatnot. We could be middle of the pack and show signs of getting better. We could be really good. It’s hard to say.

It’s hard to say if and when we can turn a corner as a franchise. Keeping burrow healthy and making sure he has a long career gives us the best odds of turning a corner. If his career is continually put in jeopardy it’s back to the drawing board.

We are definitely in a tough division and I agree about Najee Harris, but the Stealers also drafted "Little Gronk". They got a RB and TE again, so they wont be as easy as last year on MNF for sure. When they can run and have a really good TE they are usually really good. 

But we are on the rise. No reason we cant compete in the AFCN. We are a younger team, but loaded with talent right now. If we dont win some games this year, a new coach will be here next year. No more excuses. 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to do a,better job in playing complimentry
Football.they were the worst team in the AFC.North in doing that.
The offense needs to come out and put up.TDs in the 1st q. Not FGs
Let the defense play with a lead. Thats huge.
Specials team create short fields for the offense
Defense get off the field on 3rd down
Dont drop INTs that are right in your hands
Pass rushers finish the QB.

The season will hinge on the offense finding a,identity and being good at it
And the defense making the QB uncomfortable.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 09:06 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm watching the lions vs squeelers now and the squeelers are dominating like usual. a 50 yrd bomb from ben to his WR. Their line opening holes for their RB and their D getting sacks early in the game.  

Either the LIons are just too weak or the squeelers will be dominating again.   We have a lot of faces, we improved our defense a bit from when Virgil was around but we still have a lot of work to do, personnel wise and coaching too.

The Lions are ranked as a bottom 5 team right now

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 11:37 AM)pally Wrote: The Lions are ranked as a bottom 5 team right now

I don’t think there’s a worse team in the NFL. Their skill players are horrendous, and they downgraded at QB from Stafford to Goff. The defense will be bad again this year, and the supposed strength of the team (the OL) has not looked that great in preseason so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think there’s a worse team in the NFL. Their skill players are horrendous, and they downgraded at QB from Stafford to Goff. The defense will be bad again this year, and the supposed strength of the team (the OL) has not looked that great in preseason so far.

preseason never gives me a great reliable indicator on how the teams will do.  I do agree however; when I saw they (PIT) got Harris, I thought holy crap I can see this dude running over our Lbs and Cbs just like the Bus and others have done for many many yrs. Just hoping our D isnt fools gold come reg season. 
Reply/Quote