Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Will Training Camp Be Like?
Coming off a Super Bowl appearance, will training camp just be stupid crowded?

Even if it is, I'm sure it will still be pretty nice for me just because they let crippled people down by the locker rooms in PBS or behind the ropes on the practice field, but will there be so many people that players will get annoyed and/or regular fans won't get as much interaction?
Reply/Quote
Live about 3 hours away so usually take the family down for a full day of Bengals training camp practice from 3-5 and then a Reds game starting at 7
Reply/Quote
It'll be just like reading about it on the internet like it always is for me.. Of course there was a time when I had to read about it in the Dayton Daily Rag...before that it was the Journal Herald..  Ninja Just think... You can always watch Hobson's Choice with Charles Laughton and John Mills.. Fun movie.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wish they would move it back to Georgetown.
Reply/Quote
I feel like only really die hard fans are the ones who are going to training camp. Sure he bandwagon may have filled up recently, but I can't imagine those are the "can't get enough Bengals" crowd. I might be totally off base, but I kind of feel like the crowds will be similar to past seasons.
Reply/Quote
One of the great things I’ve heard about Taylor is his organization and why Mike Brown really loves him. The Bengals got hot at the right time and their confidence sky high. They didn’t lose any of their superstars to injuries. The off season will be about looking at areas to improve. The big key to that is getting everybody involved in the process. We know that FA and the draft are huge components but the roster top to bottom is still a big issue.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 12:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I wish they would move it back to Georgetown.
I loved Georgetown but it's an hour from me and I wouldn't be able to find any to drive me down nearly as easily as I did back then because my sister's boyfriend and his friends would drive us down or other friends would drive us because we were all in college and it wasn't like we had a lot of other things going on.

It was also better being out on the practice field because everything just seemed closer and more visible.

I do like it more when it's in the stadium up here because we get to go down to the entrance when they come off the field and they all stop to chat.
(02-21-2022, 01:07 PM)wcu Wrote: I feel like only really die hard fans are the ones who are going to training camp.  Sure he bandwagon may have filled up recently, but I can't imagine those are the "can't get enough Bengals" crowd.  I might be totally off base, but I kind of feel like the crowds will be similar to past seasons.

Let's hope you're right!
Reply/Quote
Hot
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 01:07 PM)wcu Wrote: I feel like only really die hard fans are the ones who are going to training camp.  Sure he bandwagon may have filled up recently, but I can't imagine those are the "can't get enough Bengals" crowd.  I might be totally off base, but I kind of feel like the crowds will be similar to past seasons.

This. The team that loses the SB isn't really remembered or celebrated. Now if we won the SB, then I think it's a different story.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 10:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Hot
I LOVE the heat but hopefully it being that hot means that the players will be quick to get out of it and back to the tunnel to the locker room in the shade where they can chat with me!

ThumbsUp
(02-22-2022, 10:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This. The team that loses the SB isn't really remembered or celebrated. Now if we won the SB, then I think it's a different story.

I just feel like this city and fanbase will jump all over the glory of even being back in the Super Bowl. 

Even if they do, hopefully there's not many cripples that go.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 04:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I LOVE the heat but hopefully it being that hot means that the players will be quick to get out of it and back to the tunnel to the locker room in the shade where they can chat with me!

ThumbsUp

I just feel like this city and fanbase will jump all over the glory of even being back in the Super Bowl. 

Even if they do, hopefully there's not many cripples that go.

I went to a Broncos training camp day right after their last SB win.  There were plenty of people there but it wasn't chaos.  I can't imagine it'll be too wild in Cincinnati.  Training camp is just enough of a pain to get to for the general public that the average fan doesn't want to deal with it, especially if you're talking about weekday sessions.  
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 04:38 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I went to a Broncos training camp day right after their last SB win.  There were plenty of people there but it wasn't chaos.  I can't imagine it'll be too wild in Cincinnati.  Training camp is just enough of a pain to get to for the general public that the average fan doesn't want to deal with it, especially if you're talking about weekday sessions.  

Don't they have training camp at that field under the bridge by the stadium? How many people can they fit there to watch?
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 05:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Don't they have training camp at that field under the bridge by the stadium? How many people can they fit there to watch?

They have it there or in the actual stadium, which they let me go down to the tunnel where they come off the field, which I can't imagine there will be a large number of cripples that are bandwagon fans, but you never know.
Reply/Quote
i imagine a lot like last years training camp.... With a different cloud hanging overhead
Reply/Quote
Thinking the same as always with the exception of a little more pep in their steps

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote