Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would Belichick Do?
(01-03-2017, 12:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Do you think Belichick would let his organization spend top tier money on a 35 year old offensive linemen? Because I dont.

Ole Marv has done something few have. 15 years as a head coach in one place. He and Belichick have that in common.

The Patriots traded away their best pass rusher and best LB this year. Something we wouldnt do in a million years. Yet they made the playoffs and have a first round bye. While we are making plans to give big money to the oldest tackle in the league and trade our backup QB a year too late.

The success of the teams they have coached over the last 15 years is not a mistake.

We drafted back to back tackles two years ago in the first and second round. Let our top 10 pick starting RT walk for a mid tier contract and gave the starting RT job to A guy who says RT is not his position. And here we are looking at our first round guard entering free agency in his prime while we make plans to give big money to the oldest tackle in the league.

I love Whit. But even Marvin would tell you the NFL is a young mans game. But that wont stop his poorly coached and managed team from making bad choices.

Belichick is all about production, zero about talking points. He'll take an old guy who gets it done over a young guy who ain't.

Our first tackle taken back to back two years ago has been awful. Just because we spent a 1st round pick on him is no reason to trot him out there to lay an egg game after game.

We'll draft another tackle this year. In what round? I don't know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Bill Belichick, at least in New England, is about one thing: Winning. He'll do anything to accomplish this to include, well, let's just call it flaunting the rules. He calls the shots with respect to drafting and free agency and Robert Kraft makes it happen.

Bill has a system. His playbook hasn't changed since maybe 2001 and he just fits players into schemes to support the playbook. He doesn't care how old the player is or where they were drafted. Here's the kicker: Bill doesn't care about a player's longevity with the Patriots unless the player's name is Tom Brady. Look at Logan Mankins, a long time stalwart on the Patriots' offensive line. As soon as his performance no longer supported the playbook, BAM! Off to Tampa Bay.

Reply/Quote
Belichik would play to win at all costs. He would tire of Andy. Predictably failing when it counts. And he would make someone with the football skills of Rex Burkhead a star.
Reply/Quote
Win... bill would win
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 11:59 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Belichik would play to win at all costs.  He would tire of Andy.  Predictably failing when it counts.  And he would make someone with the football skills of Rex Burkhead a star.

I think Belichick would love Andy and make a giant star out of him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Belichik would stick with what works and toss out the garbage. Simple as that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 04:18 PM)McC Wrote: I think Belichick would love Andy and make a giant star out of him.
Andy is Drew Bledsoe.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:14 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Andy is Drew Bledsoe.

Damn, I hope so! Bledsoe came in relief and won an AFCG, and won another under Parcells.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ol' Bill Bellyache is great.  But let's not forget that he didn't fix the Browns, he refused to honor his contract to coach for the awful Jets, and he went to the Patriots...who were only good after Robert Kraft bought them.

Basically, he knows how to remove himself from bad situations and impose himself into good ones.  I guess that is a bit of a generic rant on the guy.

He did take the Browns to the playoffs, where they won a game (much more than Marvin can say).  They started the following year 3-1 before it became known that Modell was leaving town.  Also, take a look at that coaching staff.  He had a good thing going in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 11:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bill Belichick, at least in New England, is about one thing:  Winning.  He'll do anything to accomplish this to include, well, let's just call it flaunting the rules.  He calls the shots with respect to drafting and free agency and Robert Kraft makes it happen.  

Bill has a system.  His playbook hasn't changed since maybe 2001 and he just fits players into schemes to support the playbook.  He doesn't care how old the player is or where they were drafted.  Here's the kicker:  Bill doesn't care about a player's longevity with the Patriots unless the player's name is Tom Brady.  Look at Logan Mankins, a long time stalwart on the Patriots' offensive line.  As soon as his performance no longer supported the playbook, BAM!  Off to Tampa Bay.

Look at Richard Seymour, Willie McGinest, Ty Law... the list of guys that Belichick has either traded is long.  You are correct, it is all about the team and winning.  If you don't fit the "Patriots' Way", then you will be given your walking papers.  He always seems to know when to get rid of a guy, and always seems to get good value for him.
Reply/Quote