Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
I’d give a 2nd. Maybe a later pick as well. But I’m always bad at these. I never thought Khalil Mack wouldn’t fetch a 1st rounder.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we have to be careful not to get in Tunsil territory unless we are getting Tunsil.

Collins is a RT so he shouldn't get LT trade compensation. I say no higher than a 3rd

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 02:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think we have to be careful not to get in Tunsil territory unless we are getting Tunsil.

Collins is a RT so he shouldn't get LT trade compensation. I say no higher than a 3rd

Cowboys should never take that. A 3rd for a top RT with 3 yrs left and costs only $10m a year? On open market he’d command a significant premium to that. My guess is they’d ask for a first
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 02:39 PM)N_B Wrote: Cowboys should never take that.  A 3rd for a top RT with 3 yrs left and costs only $10m a year?  On open market he’d command a significant premium to that.  My guess is they’d ask for a first

3rd sounds about right.  RTs aren't left tackles, he's got some character issues in Dallas, and once a team says they want to trade a guy/wants a guy gone, the price plummets.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 02:29 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’d give a 2nd. Maybe a later pick as well. But I’m always bad at these. I never thought Khalil Mack wouldn’t fetch a 1st rounder.

We've been discussing it: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Cowboys-open-to-trading-RT-La-el-Collins

Some say pick 31, I was advocating for less since Mack didn't fetch a 1st rounder.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 02:39 PM)N_B Wrote: Cowboys should never take that. A 3rd for a top RT with 3 yrs left and costs only $10m a year? On open market he’d command a significant premium to that. My guess is they’d ask for a first

This ^

I’ll stick with our 31st and 2nd (63) for Collins and Dallas 2nd (56)

Reply/Quote
It's not something any of us are used to, but remember that our picks are all 31st in the round. So a Bengals 2nd round pick this year is basically the same as a Bengals 3rd round pick the previous two years. Anyone saying a Bengals 3rd nearly saying a 4th round pick, which is nothing.

I think if you can get him for the 63rd pick in the draft, you gotta go for it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
For what it's worth, Hobson thinks we could get him for a 4th.

For what it's worth.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 02:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's not something any of us are used to, but remember that our picks are all 31st in the round. So a Bengals 2nd round pick this year is basically the same as a Bengals 3rd round pick the previous two years. Anyone saying a Bengals 3rd nearly saying a 4th round pick, which is nothing.

I think if you can get him for the 63rd pick in the draft, you gotta go for it.

This. I give them our 63rd pick for La'el straight up. Just what we need.
Reply/Quote
As Au165 mentioned in the Free Agents thread the Orlando Brown trade should be a frame work.

Kansas City swapped the 31st pick for the Ravens #58 and gave up a 3rd and a 2022 5th for Orlando Brown and a 2022 sixth.

Brown was coming off a season playing LT and going to play LT that makes him more expensive and had less baggage than Collins. Although Collins is still one I'd the best RT in the NFL.

I'm with Au165. Swap #31 for the Cowboys #56 (2nd) the Bengals #173(5th) and a 2023 6th for La'el Collins.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 02:39 PM)N_B Wrote: Cowboys should never take that.  A 3rd for a top RT with 3 yrs left and costs only $10m a year?  On open market he’d command a significant premium to that.  My guess is they’d ask for a first

Agreed. And our 3rd Round pick is almost a 4th Round pick.

99% chance who we draft in the 2nd is nowhere as good as Collins is EVER.

But, I suspect a lot of teams would be interested in him.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:00 PM)Synric Wrote: As Au165 mentioned in the Free Agents thread the Orlando Brown trade should be a frame work.

Kansas City swapped the 31st pick for the Ravens #58 and gave up a 3rd and a 2022 5th for Orlando Brown and a 2022 sixth.

Brown was coming off a season playing LT and going to play LT that makes him more expensive and had less baggage than Collins although Collins is still one I'd the best RT in the NFL.

I'm with Au165. Swap #31 for the Cowboys #56 (2nd) the Bengals #173(5th) and a 2023 6th for La'el Collins.

I'd do that trade in a second.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:00 PM)Synric Wrote: As Au165 mentioned in the Free Agents thread the Orlando Brown trade should be a frame work.

Brown was coming off a season playing LT and going to play LT that makes him more expensive and had less baggage than Collins. Although Collins is still one I'd the best RT in the NFL.

I like this better than mine if it is doable.  The question is will it be done before Wednesday? Preferably Monday, but Wednesday needs to be a hard deadline for us unless we have do not have any other tackles targeted for free agency.

Reply/Quote
You all are overvaluing him if you think Collins is worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.

We traded for Cordy Glenn back in 2018 and all it cost us was moving down in the first round and swapping a 5th for a 6th. He was a LT with 3 years left on his deal, was only 28 and had cap numbers of 11 and 8 million dollars in the two years following the trade. He was coming off an injury, but he was considered an average to slightly above average LT. So his status in 2018 and Collins' status in 2022 are pretty similar, overall.

Obviously, we can't do that at #31, but we could move down from #31 to #56. Maybe throw in a 4th or 5th rounder as well. That's all I'd be interested in trading for Collins. Remember, the Cowboys are open to moving him for a reason. He is not a top flight LT. He'd be an upgrade over Prince, but we're not making a deal for a franchise tackle here.
Reply/Quote

Sounds great to me. Do it FO. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Are we playing him at LT? This is a Tunsil trade package.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Collins fits the profile that the Bengals are identifying. He’s got some character issues and his agent dubious. I don’t think it’s happening.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You all are overvaluing him if you think Collins is worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.

We traded for Cordy Glenn back in 2018 and all it cost us was moving down in the first round and swapping a 5th for a 6th. He was a LT with 3 years left on his deal, was only 28 and had cap numbers of 11 and 8 million dollars in the two years following the trade. He was coming off an injury, but he was considered an average to slightly above average LT. So his status in 2018 and Collins' status in 2022 are pretty similar, overall.

Obviously, we can't do that at #31, but we could move down from #31 to #56. Maybe throw in a 4th or 5th rounder as well. That's all I'd be interested in trading for Collins. Remember, the Cowboys are open to moving him for a reason. He is not a top flight LT. He'd be an upgrade over Prince, but we're not making a deal for a franchise tackle here.

Eh, La'el Collins is one of the best RT's in the NFL. Disagree, I think you are undervaluing him CJD. Maybe if you are arguing 
for off the field reasons I can understand as the Cowboys want to move on from him cause of his attitude or something, but 
not his play on the field that is clearly better than Cordy Glenn at the time.
Reply/Quote
Is he better than who the Bengals could likely get in the second round? If so then you do it if that’s what they want. Obviously more expensive than a second rounder but they are going to have to spend some money.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, La'el Collins is one of the best RT's in the NFL. Disagree, I think you are undervaluing him CJD. Maybe if you are arguing 
for off the field reasons I can understand as the Cowboys want to move on from him cause of his attitude or something, but 
not his play on the field that is clearly better than Cordy Glenn at the time.

Why is Dallas trying to get rid of one of the best RTs in the NFL on a fantastic deal?
Reply/Quote