Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would You Give Up For A Center?
If Bodine continues his Eric Ghiaciuc impression, then I'd expect the team to consider an upgrade next season. Will it be a free agent? Unlikely. This team will look for a new center in the draft and it'll probably be another mid round pick. Then the pick and Bodine can battle it out in camp.

I'm also guessing we'll get fluff pieces about Johnson, Hopkins, and probably a mention of Boling snapping the ball.

Of course, this is all dependent of the team actually looking to upgrade if Bodine looks bad.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: There's a few very intriguing prospects this year. One to keep an eye on is Temple C Kyle Friend.
Also liked what I saw from ND's Nick Martin.

I'll get to see Kyle in person this week.

As for Nick, please tell he's the brother. Oh my he is.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We have a great line overall, but poor center play can still lead to quick pressure up the middle, which is the worst kind of pressure IMO.

I wouldn't be mad at all if they spent a late 1st rounder on a great Center. It really depends on what the Center class looks like though. It's possible they could find a stud in the 2nd round. Anything after that is usually pretty weak.

I wouldn't be mad at all either if we spent a late 1st rounder on a stud Center. Our O-line would be set
for years and like you said, the pressure up the middle wouldn't be near as bad which is the worst kind
of pressure. Look at the chaos Geno causes when he is healthy.
(09-09-2015, 03:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: There's a few very intriguing prospects this year. One to keep an eye on is Temple C Kyle Friend.
Also liked what I saw from ND's Nick Martin.

Good to know, you know Center play much better than i.
Reply/Quote
Check out Evan Boehm
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
BFine's soul
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 05:01 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I'll get to see Kyle in person this week.

As for Nick, please tell he's the brother. Oh my he is.

I hope Kyle can prove to make the reach blocks throughout the season. 
Struggled there vs PSU.

Nick isn't as stout as Zack but he gets leverage and positioning...not as strong as Kyle but better getting to the reach. 

(09-09-2015, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Check out Evan Boehm

liked his 2014 tape but haven't seen 2015 so holding back judgement 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:03 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We have had our chances at centers over the past few years and haven't taken a chance.

The staff will rely on their draft picks to fill the role (which may mean an early C pick next year).

Either way... Mack was a FA only 2 years ago and we had the money to hand to him... would've made this team THAT much better.

Oh well haha

Oh well is right!!! Cry Meanwhile, the coaches may have to use Hewitt to clean up the rush up the middle. And Dalton may have to learn how to roll out to avoid the tunnel up the "gunnel".
Reply/Quote
Ill give Bodine credit to the point he's good at making decisions at the line to set up his tackles and guards to succeed his problem is he can't do his own job physically enough plus he's a little undersized for the AFC north. Hopefully he snaps the ball like he did during last regular season and we don't see balls flying over Daltons head like he did a couple times during training camp
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Where Bob Johnson and Rich Braham when u need them!!!!

Bodines better then Eric Ghiaciuc
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 11:26 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Where Bob Johnson and Rich Braham when u need them!!!!

Bodines better then Eric Ghiaciuc

AIDS is better than cancer!

They both still suck 
Reply/Quote
I'd give up Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, and Paul Gunther. But then again I'd give them up for a used piece of gum.
Reply/Quote
For a Richie Braham or Bruce Kozerski type player I'd offer up Peko and a 3rd...maybe 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
I agree with spending a first round pick or second if bodine does not look like he is improving in next years draft.

So if I would do that, then sending a first round pick to Cleveland for Alex Mack by week 6 is fine with me as well. The Browns season was chugging along great for them last season until he went down.
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote