Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would You Trade To Move Up?
I'm thinking we should take a guard in the first and then a center in the second (Ragnow is who I want).

Ragnow might not be there by the time it gets to us in the 2nd round, so would you be willing to trade our second round pick and a 4th round pick to move up to the top of the second round to take Ragnow? According to the draft value chart, that could get us the #4 pick in the second round. I know it also depends on who else is looking for a center and what kind of draft day moves they make, but let's assume it falls that way.

I think Price could fall, but I'm growing more and more partial to Ragnow and think he could be the big mauler in the middle of our line that we need to keep Andy able to step-up and make throws.

I know that this team isn't big on trades in the draft to move up, but I think it's time that we go all-in to win and make sure that we get our guy.

I also didn't look at the value of future picks, but that could be an option.

Should we trade up? Will we?
Reply/Quote
I think we won’t have to. I think we trade back in 1 and get another 3rd. I also hope we can trade a 5 and a 7 to a team with fewer picks to get another 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 02:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm thinking we should take a guard in the first and then a center in the second (Ragnow is who I want).

Ragnow might not be there by the time it gets to us in the 2nd round, so would you be willing to trade our second round pick and a 4th round pick to move up to the top of the second round to take Ragnow?  According to the draft value chart, that could get us the #4 pick in the second round.  I know it also depends on who else is looking for a center and what kind of draft day moves they make, but let's assume it falls that way.

I think Price could fall, but I'm growing more and more partial to Ragnow and think he could be the big mauler in the middle of our line that we need to keep Andy able to step-up and make throws.

I know that this team isn't big on trades in the draft to move up, but I think it's time that we go all-in to win and make sure that we get our guy.  

Should we trade up?  Will we?

I like Ragnow better than Price myself. The thing is i think Price will be there at 46 and we seem to do very well in the 4th
round and we only have one 4th round pick. I think in this scenario we should just wait and take Price and keep our 4th.

Price will be a major upgrade over Bodine and he can handle the big uglies just like Ragnow.

The only way i see us trading up in the 2nd to grab Ragnow is if he is Pollack's guy all the way. Could happen as Ragnow
was coached by the same coach that coached Travis Frederick and that same coach said Ragnow was the best he ever
coached. I think Pollack would love to have that same type of Center in his new job.

(04-06-2018, 02:57 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think we won’t have to.  I think we trade back in 1 and  get another 3rd.  I also hope we can trade a 5 and a 7 to a team with fewer picks to get another 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the way i would like to go. Trade back in the 1st, grab Ragnow, another 3rd and trade a 5th and a 7th for a 4th.

We do well in the 4th round man.

Nice post BenZoo. Rock On
Reply/Quote
If we are looking to move up to number 4 in the second, might as well take him at 21 and keep that 4th.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Ragnow better than Price myself. The thing is i think Price will be there at 46 and we seem to do very well in the 4th
round and we only have one 4th round pick. I think in this scenario we should just wait and take Price and keep our 4th.

Price will be a major upgrade over Bodine and he can handle the big uglies just like Ragnow.

The only way i see us trading up in the 2nd to grab Ragnow is if he is Pollack's guy all the way. Could happen as Ragnow
was coached by the same coach that coached Travis Frederick and that same coach said Ragnow was the best he ever
coached. I think Pollack would love to have that same type of Center in his new job.

But we have two third round picks, so our comp pick is basically like an early fourth round pick, which we also could trade to drop down into the fourth from the late third if we really like the 4th round so much.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 04:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But we have two third round picks, so our comp pick is basically like an early fourth round pick, which we also could trade to drop down into the fourth from the late third if we really like the 4th round so much.

I still like moving back in the 1st and taking Ragnow like BenZoo said better. Plus i wouldn't trade a 3rd for a 4th just cause for
some reason we have done well picking in the 4th.

Could miss out on a lot of good players in that move. Trading a 5th and a 7th for a 4th would make much more sense. We have
plenty of 5ths and 7ths to toss around.

I do like Ragnow better than Price so i am not against your thought either and like i said, could be in our cards if Pollack likes him
better than the other Centers. Ragnow sure seems to fit the bill of exactly what Pollack talked about liking in his Lineman. Smart,
nasty and Ragnow is from the SEC unlike Price and is healthy with longer arms which will give him an advantage over Price at the
next level. Really anyway we get Ragnow will be more than alright with me.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still like moving back in the 1st and taking Ragnow like BenZoo said better. Plus i wouldn't trade a 3rd for a 4th just cause for
some reason we have done well picking in the 4th.

Could miss out on a lot of good players in that move. Trading a 5th and a 7th for a 4th would make much more sense. We have
plenty of 5ths and 7ths to toss around.

I do like Ragnow better than Price so i am not against your thought either and like i said, could be in our cards if Pollack likes him
better than the other Centers. Ragnow sure seems to fit the bill of exactly what Pollack talked about liking in his Lineman. Smart,
nasty and Ragnow is from the SEC unlike Price and is healthy with longer arms which will give him an advantage over Price at the
next level. Really anyway we get Ragnow will be more than alright with me.

I don’t see any team moving from the 4th round all the way to the middle of the 5th round just to gain a VERY late 7th rounder. It’d probably have to be two 5ths and a 7th to even come close. That said, this wouldn’t be a bad year to move those late rounders for a mid round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 04:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t see any team moving from the 4th round all the way to the middle of the 5th round just to gain a VERY late 7th rounder. It’d probably have to be two 5ths and a 7th to even come close. That said, this wouldn’t be a bad year to move those late rounders for a mid round pick.

Yeah, probably right, two 5ths and a 7th for a 4th sounds more plausible. But i would do it.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 04:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t see any team moving from the 4th round all the way to the middle of the 5th round just to gain a VERY late 7th rounder. It’d probably have to be two 5ths and a 7th to even come close. That said, this wouldn’t be a bad year to move those late rounders for a mid round pick.

Probably not, as the chart doesn't match.  But a team like Tennessee or Detroit who I think only have 6 picks each might move from back of 4 to 5 and a 7 if they need to fill some spots
Reply/Quote
Id be all for it.

Thats what ive been thinking. Do what the vikings did with us last year. Use the 4th to move up in 2 and get the guy you want.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 03:59 PM)Storer50 Wrote: If we are looking to move up to number 4 in the second, might as well take him at 21 and keep that 4th.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Depends.  We have 11 picks, so there's no sense in keeping all of them.

I'd roll the dice and take the best OG (Wynn or Hernandez) and then move up a bit to get a C.
Reply/Quote
That definitely depends on how the draft falls. Daniels, Price, Ragnow (at C), Wynn, Hernandez (at G), Brown, McGlinchey, Miller (at T) are the names I see being thrown out as the best draft prospects for the Bengals in rounds 1 / 2. I'd say if there is a run on o-lineman towards the end of the first round then there might be some urgency in moving up to get whoever is left. We should still be able to grab someone in the early second round so I'd be comfortable trading pick 100 or 112 to move up and get the guy we want. That being said, it's very plausible that we won't need to move up at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 06:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Depends.  We have 11 picks, so there's no sense in keeping all of them.

I'd roll the dice and take the best OG (Wynn or Hernandez) and then move up a bit to get a C.

Would definately be happy with this. Man would we have improved the interior O-line in two moves.

(04-06-2018, 07:12 PM)Domata94 Wrote: That definitely depends on how the draft falls. Daniels, Price, Ragnow (at C), Wynn, Hernandez (at G), Brown, McGlinchey, Miller (at T) are the names I see being thrown out as the best draft prospects for the Bengals in rounds 1 / 2. I'd say if there is a run on o-lineman towards the end of the first round then there might be some urgency in moving up to get whoever is left. We should still be able to grab someone in the early second round so I'd be comfortable trading pick 100 or 112 to move up and get the guy we want. That being said, it's very plausible that we won't need to move up at all.

I like Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon as well for us at RT anywhere from the 2nd to the second 3rd round pick.

Also have been seeing Daniels mocked to us in the first a lot and it just doesn't make sense for what we need in a Center.

I like the guy, he is a great athletic technician that would be great for a pass first Offense but that doesn't fit what we need
in the AFC North at Center. We need our Center to have great core strength and to be able to anchor, this is Ragnow or Price.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 02:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm thinking we should take a guard in the first and then a center in the second (Ragnow is who I want).

Ragnow might not be there by the time it gets to us in the 2nd round, so would you be willing to trade our second round pick and a 4th round pick to move up to the top of the second round to take Ragnow?  According to the draft value chart, that could get us the #4 pick in the second round.  I know it also depends on who else is looking for a center and what kind of draft day moves they make, but let's assume it falls that way.

Should we trade up?  Will we?
Thank You. I just posted my Mock Draft and I have Bengals taking Guard and then Center. Another poster says Linebacker Carter in 3, and I have that as a choice as well.   I have Bengals taking Isaiah Wynn or Will Hernandez Round 1.  Billy Price or Daniels or Ragnow Round 2.  Here is the beauty, THEY DON"T HAVE TO TRADE UP TO DO THIS.  There is going to be QB's going off the board, and this will help us greatly. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote