Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would be Really Nice to See
(04-30-2021, 01:42 PM)Beaker Wrote: The last 2 times the Bengals traded up we got Drew Sample and Ryan Finley. You sure you want this?

It's worse than that as instead of the decent albeit overdrafted Sample it was Michael Jordan and Ryan Finley Hilarious

Anyway, I want the Bengals to hold their nerve and let the board come to them. I'm delighted that they've gone BPA so far. They're more than one piece away so I don't think they can afford to lose picks by trading up when there are still so many holes to fill. There will be decent O-linemen available with their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks (at least one of those will need to go on D-line).
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'd love to see the Bengals trade up to take their guy with their 2nd pick. I'm not saying this has to happen. It takes two to tango, and maybe a trade partner within the few spots above them isn't there. I'm only saying that it would be be nice to see.

This would show me that 1.) They have a clear target and a plan. 2.) They're bold enough and proactive enough to make sure that plan is realized.

This would be something we haven't seen a ton of from them. Trade up and get your guy. I don't think the compensation needed would be that hard to swallow. Don't leave it to doubt. Don't hope you guy falls to you. Don't put yourself in a situation where you might have to settle on someone else because your guy went right in front of you.

I certainly won't knock them if this doesn't happen. But a move like this would be a breath of fresh air.
You want to see aggressiveness from them. I think I’d be on board with that too, it just depends on how much it would take to trade up.

But right now they are in line to pick either a bonifide first round lineman or a borderline first round lineman. Either way the player is a sure fire day 1 starter and that’s what matters right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: An example of why you might would be, and I'm just throwing out two names:  Landon Dickerson and Trevor Jenkins.  They're top 20 on a lot of boards, and if the Bengals have them rated similarly then I think a case can easily be made that it's worth it.

If they could move up and take a guy they had to be long gone, who they have over 10 spots higher then the next guy, then I don't think sending a 5th and 6th (pick whatever combination that nets you between 40-60) is a bad move at all.

We HAVE to get a guy here with this spot who can be a real building block for this OL.  I just hope our first choice falls to us if we stand pat.  It would suck if we have to settle on someone who we rate lower.

Good point, plus everyone knows we need OL so they might try and trade up in front of us.

Talked me into it, well done.
Reply/Quote
At this point, there are easily 6 guys I would draft, so I would not want to give up anything to move up.
Reply/Quote