Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Zac Does Is Important As What He Doesn’t Do
Another game where the Bengals can’t finish the job. If they are like this in the bedroom, your gonna have a lot of unhappy wives/girlfriends!

But I digress, Zacks decisions or lack of is going to go a long way with him as a head coach. The defense is a wreck, players are rebelling against Little Lou Who, and if Zack does nothing about this that’s going to be quite a statement and a bad one at that. If he wants to lead a team then he’s gonna have to put his big boy pants on and address the tough issues.

Lou needs to go immediately. Wade Phillips is available and has said he wants to coach. Zac and the front office could pull him in. If he does. Nothing and keeps the Lous, and Jim Turners coaching then he deserves what he gets as a result.
Reply/Quote
Ya Wade wants to coach, that doesn’t mean he wants to coach HERE.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya Wade wants to coach, that doesn’t mean he wants to coach HERE.

Sadly, those two things are probably mutually exclusive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya Wade wants to coach, that doesn’t mean he wants to coach HERE.

No one else has hired him, and he said he wants to be coaching right now. I guarantee he’d take the job if we offered it to him tomorrow. We’ve been in every game except Baltimore. A better (and more experienced) coach could have made the difference in a few of these games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Short term, you move in from Lou and promote an assistant till the bye or more likely season's end.

Need to be able to focus on the interviews and get the right guy not just the quick answer.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Short term, you move in from Lou and promote an assistant till the bye or more likely season's end.

Need to be able to focus on the interviews and get the right guy not just the quick answer.

Promote Al Golden! He is a 3rd down genius smh
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Promote Al Golden! He is a 3rd down genius smh

To be fair, we didn’t get to 3rd down much in the second half and the few times we did we had off side penalties that gave them the 1st down.
Reply/Quote
I wish we would have just qb sneaked it on 4th and inches.. Or i wish gio would have fell at the goal line so we could have left them with 15 seconds on the clock..i was screaming run the clock! I knew what was coming...15 seconds left still would have probably been to much time left with this shitty defense. I would have rather lost by 14 then to have a W handed away like that. I havent been this upset since we lost to the Steelers in that playoff game where Hill fumbled.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Promote Al Golden! He is a 3rd down genius smh

I get it isn't the solution people want to hear but it is the only real options.

Teams don't fire a guy and hire his replacement midseason.

New coach brings new calls and a new playbook and you can't learn that in a week or two.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:22 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I wish we would have just qb sneaked it on 4th and inches.. Or i wish gio would have fell at the goal line so we could have left them with 15 seconds on the clock..i was screaming run the clock! I knew what was coming...15 seconds left still would have probably been to much time left with this shitty defense. I would have rather lost by 14 then to have a W handed away like that. I havent been this upset since we lost to the Steelers in that playoff game where Hill fumbled.

You have to score when the opportunity presents itself.  This team isnt good enough to try and flirt with milking clock and still punching it in.  

As far as the steelers playoff game goes, I told my friend that this game was almost as big of a gutting as that game was
Reply/Quote
It's extremely rare to fire an coordinator and hire someone from the outside mid-season. Almost always you'll see another current member of the staff take over as coodinator.

So, while I would take Wade Phillips over Lou 100 out of 100 times, now wouldn't be the ideal time to do it. Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for the Bengals canning him. I just think they should find an in-house stop gap until the season's end, and then evaluate a full list of pontential candidates.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's extremely rare to fire an coordinator and hire someone from the outside mid-season. Almost always you'll see another current member of the staff take over as coodinator.

So, while I would take Wade Phillips over Lou 100 out of 100 times, now wouldn't be the ideal time to do it. Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for the Bengals canning him. I just think they should find an in-house stop gap until the season's end, and then evaluate a full list of pontential candidates.

OTOH there’s usually not coaches as good as Wade Phillips sitting at home during the season. And he’s made it clear he wants to be coaching.

Add that to the fact Taylor knows him from LA, and it just makes a ton of sense.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's extremely rare to fire an coordinator and hire someone from the outside mid-season.  Almost always you'll see another current member of the staff take over as coodinator.

So, while I would take Wade Phillips over Lou 100 out of 100 times, now wouldn't be the ideal time to do it.  Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for the Bengals canning him.  I just think they should find an in-house stop gap until the season's end, and then evaluate a full list of pontential candidates.

Completely with you here Wes.

It would be hard to have Wade come in here and teach the defense his terminology, his playbook, and for him to really evaluate the personal mid-season. 

Have to give him a full off-season to get the defense coached up how he wants, plus a new Coordinator should have the ability to come in and hire new positional coaches as well.

Reply/Quote
Couldn't Wade just use the existing playbook and make a couple minor adjustments to a few plays and make it thru the end of the season, then possibly extend his contract and let him use his own playbook next year?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's extremely rare to fire an coordinator and hire someone from the outside mid-season. Almost always you'll see another current member of the staff take over as coodinator.

I'm afraid THE only person remotely qualified is Mark Duffner. He's never lit up anywhere he's been as a DC...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 07:32 PM)GodFather Wrote: Another game where the Bengals can’t finish the job. If they are like this in the bedroom, your gonna have a lot of unhappy wives/girlfriends!

But I digress, Zacks decisions or lack of is going to go a long way with him as a head coach. The defense is a wreck, players are rebelling against Little Lou Who, and if Zack does nothing about this that’s going to be quite a statement and a bad one at that. If he wants to lead a team then he’s gonna have to put his big boy pants on and address the tough issues.

Lou needs to go immediately. Wade Phillips is available and has said he wants to coach. Zac and the front office could pull him in. If he does. Nothing and keeps the Lous, and Jim Turners coaching then he deserves what he gets as a result.

An even bigger problem is that Taylor is just as bad as Lou. How can anyone expect a guy in over his head to replace another guy who is also in over his head.

And speak of "in over his head" the whole front office is also in over their heads. They started the season with gaping holes along the OL, now with another year of losers coaching the team players are wanting out. Last season it was Glenn who wanted out. Now it's more and each of these (with the exception of Ross) is leaving a significant hole behind making this coming off-season more of a challenge for a front office that has difficulty in recently drafts with certain positions and typically relies on the bargain bin for its free agency. I can see an scenario where Bobby Hart level players are signed to replace guys like Dunlap, Atkins and Jackson.

The team is playing other players in place of Atkins and Dunlap, but the lack of quality DL play is showing their absence is being felt. And looking at how poorly the team has drafted DL players over the past several years, this doesn't look promising for the near future.

The idea that this team will be better next year is nothing more than a pipe dream at this point. Say hello to the 90s, once again.

The only way I see things can end better than awful is for a new and experience coaching staff to be brought in and run the team. We all know, however, that that will not happen. If a coaching change occurs it will the cheapest ones that can be found who will take the job. Yes, I'm making fun of the front office, again, but this is their mess. They brought in Taylor and his pals.

Reply/Quote
Has Lou made any comments about how shitty his defensive gameplans have been or taking any type of responsibility for what garbage we're seeing out on the field this season or more to the point these past 2 weeks?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:22 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I wish we would have just qb sneaked it on 4th and inches.. Or i wish gio would have fell at the goal line so we could have left them with 15 seconds on the clock..i was screaming run the clock! I knew what was coming...15 seconds left still would have probably been to much time left with this shitty defense. I would have rather lost by 14 then to have a W handed away like that. I havent been this upset since we lost to the Steelers in that playoff game where Hill fumbled.

Plenty of teams are good enough in this league to score when they want to or at least get that 1st down but not at the risk reward this team was facing. Any team in the NFL can have a defender slip thru and knock the ball carrier back or have a QB slip or get stood up. Then what? Browns went with about 1000 lbs. of NT/DT that last snap so hard as hell to just assume you'll have it.

You simply CANNOT let any team let alone an average offense with a very average QB without their top RB, TE and WR go down the field in 6-7 plays in a minute with no TO's and score 6.
Reply/Quote