Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a Jamarr Chase contract extension might look like
(03-06-2024, 06:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Never say never, but man this seems like the sort of thing that our FO doesn't do.

I don't have anything to add other than my long time Bengals fandom makes me agree with you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 06:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Never say never, but man this seems like the sort of thing that our FO doesn't do.

We didn't used to be aggressive in FA either, we didn't used to win Playoff games, AFC Championships and go to SB's...

The window is open and it would be a good time to go all in to improve our team on both sides of the ball. Not just the Offense and having
2 top WR's and no running game and pass the ball all the time. I would like to have a Defense that is good at stopping the run and getting 
after the QB and I think the FO would like this as well. Burrow and Chase and whoever we bring in should be able to get the job done passing
the ball.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 06:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd be content if they landed a 2nd round pick for Tee, signed a DT, and then drafted a Tee replacement.

Me too
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 05:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't need to put junk bodies out there, just stay younger and cheaper by replacing that talent with newly drafted talent.

Couldn't have said it better
Reply/Quote
A 2nd round pick for Tee would be awesome especially if it was a somewhat early 2nd rounder. We could take his replacement
at 18 and it would almost insure we could get Sweat before our late 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A 2nd round pick for Tee would be awesome especially if it was a somewhat early 2nd rounder. We could take his replacement
at 18 and it would almost insure we could get Sweat before our late 2nd round pick.

That has been my thinking for a couple of weeks.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 05:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Honestly I would rather pay Ja'Marr and Chris Jones than Ja'Marr 30 and Tee 26 mil per year.

(03-06-2024, 05:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I had a similar thought about the top three Bengals salaries that Burrow, Chase, and a defensive stud might be better money spent than Burrow, Chase, and Tee.

I'd rather take that $26m/yr and sign like 3 good players. With almost that same amount we could sign above-average starters at IOL, TE, and also Tommy Townsend at P.

Once you have a couple star players, you just need to make sure you don't have any Irv Smith Jrs, Brad Robbins, or Cordell Volsons out there and everyone at least isn't a net negative as a starter. That's where you can get easy sizable improvements to your team, by improving over the worst guys on it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 05:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd rather take that $26m/yr and sign like 3 good players. With almost that same amount we could sign above-average starters at IOL, TE, and also Tommy Townsend at P.

Once you have a couple star players, you just need to make sure you don't have any Irv Smith Jrs, Brad Robbins, or Cordell Volsons out there and everyone at least isn't a net negative as a starter. That's where you can get easy sizable improvements to your team, by improving over the worst guys on it.

As usual I cannot disagree with your logic TLL.
Reply/Quote
4 years 180M with 80M guaranteed is the start

We like Jamarr so i have no issue guaranteeing even up to like 140M. Essentially make the last year the year where we can get out of it if need be but i don’t see him sucking and making us want to cut him in year 4 of that deal.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:55 PM)Housh Wrote: 4 years 180M with 80M guaranteed is the start

We like Jamarr so i have no issue guaranteeing even up to like 140M. Essentially make the last year the year where we can get out of it if need be but i don’t see him sucking and making us want to cut him in year 4 of that deal.

Where did you get $45M/per? What have I missed?  Did Jefferson sign for close to that?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where did you get $45M/per? What have I missed?  Did Jefferson sign for close to that?

Haven't heard of a JJ contract yet. That also blew my mind, I figured we should pay Ja'Marr around 30 mil per year.

That is crazy. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Seems like the best time to trade Tee was at the deadline during this past season. There were definitely teams interested and I think we could have gotten a late 1st.

Hope to see us get a late 1st for him. I agree that it would be smart to draft/develop wideouts for the WR 2-6 positions on the depth chart. We're pretty good at it and there are quite a few good ones every year in the draft. I feel the same about the running back position. I don't think we can afford to give a RB big money. Most running backs start to get hurt around year 5 or so anyway. There are a lot of good running backs to be had at any given year in the draft so it's easy to just continue to invest draft picks into that spot and make smart picks.

We've struggled drafting oline and it makes more sense to invest money there in free agency like we've been doing lately.

If you lock up Burrow and Chase, you still have money to spend on the trenches and other holes on the roster.

My strategy would be to target skill players (WR/RB/TE) in the mid-late rounds. Obviously go BPA too, but draft high value positions with the higher picks. Utilize the draft depth of WR/RB/TE positions by targeting later in the draft and developing them with Burrow and co. This would save money and high value picks to address oline/dline/secondary.
Reply/Quote