Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a Warrior!!!
First off, I know this is probably breaking forum protocol, as this should probably go in the AFC North thread, but since Pittsburgh is on our division, and since we have a bye, and many will be watching the Steelers/Ravens game, the greatest NFL QB warrior in the history is coming back to play against the Ravens.

If you plan on watching the game with the sound on, be prepared for the announcers to lift this warrior up high and the cameras to make sure he's shown every chance they get.

I NEVER watch with the sound up for ANY game unless I can't get Bengals radio synced.

Fortunately I will be watching the Eagles game instead of the Great Warrior!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 02:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: First off, I know this is probably breaking forum protocol, as this should probably go in the AFC North thread, but since Pittsburgh is on our division, and since we have a bye, and many will be watching the Steelers/Ravens game, the greatest NFL QB warrior in the history is coming back to play against the Ravens.

If you plan on watching the game with the sound on, be prepared for the announcers to lift this warrior up high and the cameras to make sure he's shown every chance they get.

I NEVER watch with the sound up for ANY game unless I can't get Bengals radio synced.  

Fortunately I will be watching the Eagles game instead of the Great Warrior!

Playing the Ravens right after surgery is profoundly stupid.  Let's see how this works out.  Even if he doesn't get reinjured, he isn't doing himself any favors.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 02:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Playing the Ravens right after surgery is profoundly stupid.  Let's see how this works out.  Even if he doesn't get reinjured, he isn't doing himself any favors.

Agree totally Bonnie, but he's doing for Pittsburgh. He's their hero!!  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 02:58 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Agree totally Bonnie, but he's doing for Pittsburgh. He's their hero!!  Sarcasm

Yes we have the game in our area so I'm getting ready to watch as much of it as I can stomach.  Truthfully, none of our AFC North teams are very good this year, including us.  I think the Ravens have the best chance to win the division based on their third place schedule.  I've already written off this year for the Bengals.
SaveSave
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 03:02 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes we have the game in our area so I'm getting ready to watch as much of it as I can stomach.  Truthfully, none of our AFC North teams are very good this year, including us.  I think the Ravens have the best chance to win the division based on their third place schedule.  I've already written off this year for the Bengals.
SaveSave

I've written it off as well.  Holding out hope that MB will finally come to his senses and lop the head of this coaching staff and let new HC pick his own staff.

Hey one can dream
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 03:02 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes we have the game in our area so I'm getting ready to watch as much of it as I can stomach.  Truthfully, none of our AFC North teams are very good this year, including us.  I think the Ravens have the best chance to win the division based on their third place schedule.  I've already written off this year for the Bengals.
SaveSave
I'm thinking 7-8-1 Bonnie.  The playoff hopes are on life support. The only division in AFC doing well for wild card is west so There is a life support chance of playoffs as second wild card, but I don't expect a win against Giants (already won their one big stage game against Miami and tied a second one against Skins) and that would pretty much be it.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 03:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've written it off as well.  Holding out hope that MB will finally come to his senses and lop the head of this coaching staff and let new HC pick his own staff.

Hey one can dream

That's what we need, but I also highly doubt it will happen.
Reply/Quote
They're going to way over-use Bell today.
Reply/Quote
Comon Flacco, Comon ravens.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 03:15 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm thinking 7-8-1 Bonnie.  The playoff hopes are on life support. The only division in AFC doing well for wild card is west so There is a life support chance of playoffs as second wild card, but I don't expect a win against Giants (already won their one big stage game against Miami and tied a second one against Skins) and that would pretty much be it.

I certainly don't think the Bengals can do anything significant, yet...but their playoff hopes can't be on life support when they're 1/2 game out of first with 8 games to play.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 03:16 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They're going to way over-use Bell today.

Both last year when Bell was hurt and this year when he was suspended, the offense was much better. Bell is probably the best all-around offensive skill player in the game, but Haley (and I'm assuming Tomlin) just repeatedly force him the ball with repetitive, uncreative plays. When Williams is in there the offense is more creative and balanced. Why Williams gets 1 touch a game now that bell is back is just as big of a failure. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 07:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I certainly don't think the Bengals can do anything significant, yet...but their playoff hopes can't be on life support when they're 1/2 game out of first with 8 games to play.

They may now be breathing on their own, but still in the ICU in critical condition, because I do agree with whoever said the 2 WC teams will most likely come from the West, so a division win is the only way and I see 4-4 at best with a 7-8-1 finish.

Like I said, the North would have to meltdown like the NFC South in 2014 for 7-8-1 to be a division winner.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 08:52 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Both last year when Bell was hurt and this year when he was suspended, the offense was much better. Bell is probably the best all-around offensive skill player in the game, but Haley (and I'm assuming Tomlin) just repeatedly force him the ball with repetitive, uncreative plays. When Williams is in there the offense is more creative and balanced. Why Williams gets 1 touch a game now that bell is back is just as big of a failure. 

I'm actually beyond surprised that they aren't doing a rotation with the two players. Williams is still a talented back and just force feeding Bell helps no one.

Well. It helps the opposing team. But still.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote