Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What a Year...
(02-15-2022, 08:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: To add to the positivity, I don't even think our rebuild was done. We just managed to reach the Super Bowl ahead of schedule.

We have (essentially, after cuts) $70 million in cap space. So March is going to be fun.

This^.  Over and over.  That's where all my optimism stems.  This was supposed to happen next year.  They did it early.  Got the experience.  Any jitters.  Saw what worked and what didn't.  A huge chunk of this team is back next year, with confidence out of the gate they are a Super Bowl team.  For a younger locker room, if they channel that correctly, they can really make a statement next year.  

And I can't believe February is more than half over and I haven't truly looked at a single mock draft or FA player because I've just been able to enjoy their ride.  It's been a loooong time since that was the case! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was a great season and no doubt hope next years trip to the SB will be a little shorter with a bye week in there. I wrote Zac and Lou and thanked them for a great season. There was no reason to add anything about fixing the OL because it would be idiotic to think I could actually tell them something they didn't already know. Loving my Bengals right now as the shock of the loss is starting to wane. TBH, when we swept the stoolers, my year was set. Everything else was great additions. When we won our first playoff game, that was a little better than the prior.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 08:06 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: This^.  Over and over.  That's where all my optimism stems.  This was supposed to happen next year.  They did it early.  Got the experience.  Any jitters.  Saw what worked and what didn't.  A huge chunk of this team is back next year, with confidence out of the gate they are a Super Bowl team.  For a younger locker room, if they channel that correctly, they can really make a statement next year.  

And I can't believe February is more than half over and I haven't truly looked at a single mock draft or FA player because I've just been able to enjoy their ride.  It's been a loooong time since that was the case! 

Lol so true about the mocks/FA. I just checked WalterFootball mock for the first time, and also realized that free agency is already less than a month away (March 14th is when legal tampering opens).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 08:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We just managed to reach the Super Bowl ahead of schedule.

I am humbled by the absolute awesomeness of this quote. It explains everything.
Reply/Quote
One underrated thing the Bengals did in free agency is add guys in the secondary that play a style that fit their scheme.

For too many years we'd draft corners that played man in college and use them in zone, etc.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 08:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: To add to the positivity, I don't even think our rebuild was done. We just managed to reach the Super Bowl ahead of schedule.

We have (essentially, after cuts) $70 million in cap space. So March is going to be fun.

No doubt, we were just ahead of schedule. Damn youth and inexperience lol

Now we are a touch older and have Super Bowl experience! Rock On

(02-15-2022, 08:05 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: January, 2022 was some of the most exciting football I have ever seen. February was just a few seconds and yards away from being a glorious cherry on top, but I look forward to coming back in September.

Definitely the best Playoffs and Super Bowl I have ever witnessed, no blowouts. Nearly every game went right down to the wire.
Reply/Quote