Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Dunlap on the Trade Market?
(03-28-2020, 12:18 PM)McC Wrote: Looks like nobody wants Clowney or he's got a crazy asking price.  

Yep

I believe his asking price. Seems he's wanting record breaking top end money and his production hasn't really lived up to that. In no way is he terrible. He just hasn't quite set the pass rush world on fire.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 12:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I believe his asking price. Seems he's wanting record breaking top end money and his production hasn't really lived up to that. In no way is he terrible. He just hasn't quite set the pass rush world on fire.

It's a basic fact that if you are a DE, and you want the big bucks, no matter how good you might be as an all around player, you will be judged on your ability to get to the QB.  Three sack DE's just don't get the huge contract.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 12:18 PM)McC Wrote: Looks like nobody wants Clowney or he's got a crazy asking price.  

I'm sure Seattle wants him but no one wants to give him the guaranteed money he wants, for sure.  Can you imagine him on our defense, though?  I know it is a waste of time, and I surely don't want to pay him $20 million a year, but if it was between him and AJ Green, I take Clowney every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 11:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was that over the past three years?  Did you have the snaps played to make those numbers more of a "production per snap" measure?  Not trying to be difficult, but Clowney has missed a lot of time....all the more reason to keep Dunlap.  Especially since you can't really do a physical right now anyways and Clowney's health has always seemingly been an issue.  He is a freak, no doubt, but not as dependable. 

Nah, I accidentally used career total TFL. The others are last 3 years tho. I don't have PFF Elite (just got the standard one). Those types of stats are in the Elite package. I usually ask guys on twitter for that information lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 09:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No problem! I replied to my first non-Bengals tweet in literally something like 7 years, on Thursday (or Wednesday?), where the Bluejays asked, "which of our pitchers leads the team in CG and Shutouts?"

A guy, who seems very informed (but a bit of a, "sensitive type)," tweeted back, "I see Halladay trending, which means most people got this wrong (which isn't true; MLB.com or MLB the Show tweeted something and Halladay was getting all the mentions there, but I digress). It's #37 and only #37. Get it off Teoscar."

#37, was Dave Stieb, who was our best pitcher before Halladay came around 100%.

Someone else then responded, "Halladay never wore #37, he wore #34."

lol to which *I* responded, "ACTUALLY, Halladay wore #52 at first, then switched to #32; he never wore #34 or #37."

The guy I responded to deleted his tweet, then the first guy got all pissy and responded to me, that "Using ACTUALLY is being a jerk and a smartass and makes you look like a complete moron when you get things wrong," implying I was talking to him.

So yeah, I need to be clear that I don't come off as a smart-ass, because a shit-ton of people are- I hate the term, but it is apt here- snowflakey to death and get defensive at the drop of a hat, nowadays... (and I'm not saying you are, Hoofhearted :))

Sorry for late reply. Had to start painting my kitchen.

All good truck! I didn't even find your twitter conversation as you being a jerk either. Probably because I don't let what others say affect me one way or the other. Like I'm comfortable with who am, which also means I can admit when i'm wrong. It seems like it's a rare thing when having a discussion online
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 06:00 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote:  
Sorry for late reply. Had to start painting my kitchen.

All good truck! I didn't even find your twitter conversation as you being a jerk either. Probably because I don't let what others say affect me one way or the other. Like I'm comfortable with who am, which also means I can admit when i'm wrong. It seems like it's a rare thing when having a discussion online

I think it might actually be against the rules.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 06:09 PM)McC Wrote: I think it might actually be against the rules.

Nervous Nervous
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 09:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No problem! I replied to my first non-Bengals tweet in literally something like 7 years, on Thursday (or Wednesday?), where the Bluejays asked, "which of our pitchers leads the team in CG and Shutouts?"

A guy, who seems very informed (but a bit of a, "sensitive type)," tweeted back, "I see Halladay trending, which means most people got this wrong (which isn't true; MLB.com or MLB the Show tweeted something and Halladay was getting all the mentions there, but I digress). It's #37 and only #37. Get it off Teoscar."

#37, was Dave Stieb, who was our best pitcher before Halladay came around 100%.

Someone else then responded, "Halladay never wore #37, he wore #34."

lol to which *I* responded, "ACTUALLY, Halladay wore #52 at first, then switched to #32; he never wore #34 or #37."

The guy I responded to deleted his tweet, then the first guy got all pissy and responded to me, that "Using ACTUALLY is being a jerk and a smartass and makes you look like a complete moron when you get things wrong," implying I was talking to him.

So yeah, I need to be clear that I don't come off as a smart-ass, because a shit-ton of people are- I hate the term, but it is apt here- snowflakey to death and get defensive at the drop of a hat, nowadays... (and I'm not saying you are, Hoofhearted :))

People do get butthurt about the word "actually"... I've switched to "On the real" instead. It sounds best coming from a middle aged white dude such as myself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 11:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Haha, yep... I really need to start wearing glasses when on here.  You would think a 27" monitor was big enough that I wouldn't need them.  

That guy from Iowa, AJ Epenesa, would sure fit that bill, as a 3-4 DT opposite Geno.  

I keep going back and forth, but I would love to slide in Rd 2 (because I don't see Queen or Murray being there), getting a guy like Epenesa in Rd 2 and then getting Claypool at the top of Rd 3.  I have a bet that Claypool won't be there at the top of Rd 3, so I win either way.   Hilarious

Epenesa would be fantastic at 33 if he fell, yah never know?

Claypool is becoming my guy as well just cause of Shenault's injury history and the fact he is not near the blocker Claypool is.

Plus Claypool is a damn big target for Burrow. Not that he needs that, he could hit Baby Hawk all day long...
Reply/Quote
I’d take epenesa all day at 33. He is a power end and really good against the run.

I really hope they don’t take gross matos this if he is there. He isn’t aggressive enough and doesn’t play in space well at all. Still a raw player and can set the edge against the run very well(OSU just ran away from his side they couldn’t do anything about it). Gives plenty of effort but not worth pick 33
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Epenesa would be fantastic at 33 if he fell, yah never know?

Claypool is becoming my guy as well just cause of Shenault's injury history and the fact he is not near the blocker Claypool is.

Plus Claypool is a damn big target for Burrow. Not that he needs that, he could hit Baby Hawk all day long...
WhoDey2 I still can't believe they let him go. Thanks Nate. Now I'm  Rant Pissed Pissed Rant  all over again... Ninja
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 06:27 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I still can't believe they let him go. Thanks Nate. Now I'm  Rant Pissed Pissed Rant  all over again... Ninja

He was a nice lil receiver; wasn't he? I get why they didn't bring him back though. It was time to extend Dalton, they let Michael Johnson go in his prime, AJ Green was coming up, and Vontaze was due to get paid. He was outta the league fairly quickly after going to Cleveland though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 12:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Doesn't he have a reputation as a loafer too?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 06:27 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I still can't believe they let him go. Thanks Nate. Now I'm  Rant Pissed Pissed Rant  all over again... Ninja

Sorry JSR18, just saying how accurate Burrow is. Baby Hawk sure made a few great plays for us. Good Bengals fan to boot. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 09:25 PM)jason Wrote: He was a nice lil receiver; wasn't he? I get why they didn't bring him back though. It was time to extend Dalton, they let Michael Johnson go in his prime, AJ Green was coming up, and Vontaze was due to get paid. He was outta the league fairly quickly after going to Cleveland though.

All they had to do was put a 2nd RD tender on him but that's just sour grapes on my part.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I hope they don't. Big Los played hurt for a substantial part of the season until he took a breather for a couple games. He came back and played like his hair was on fire. That's a big no for me. Carlos has been a great soldier, and still has plenty of juice. He's under contract, I say let him play it out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: I hope they don't. Big Los played hurt for a substantial part of the season until he took a breather for a couple games. He came back and played like his hair was on fire. That's a big no for me. Carlos has been a great soldier, and still has plenty of juice. He's under contract, I say let him play it out.

No doubt Wyche, Big Los is one of my all time favorite Bengals. Hate to even hear about the thought of trading him. Bang Head
Reply/Quote