Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a fun ride!
(03-26-2020, 05:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's been a simply amazing free agency run for the Bengals this year.  A haul like none of us have ever seen, quality players still on the front side of their careers signing with the Bengals in droves.

Yes, it's been a wild and exciting ride.  However, we must also face the reality that the bank has to be about closed.  I mean we still likely need to shed a few contracts, in order to pay for the players that we've already signed thus far.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I've already decided that it's a foregone conclusion that Dalton is as good as gone, and along with at least one of Dre Kirkpatrick or William Jackson.  I haven't been keeping up as nearly as well with the Bengals cap spending/availability as I typically do (we've been super busy at work).  Does anyone here have any idea how far over budget the Bengals currently are?

With Dre gone, I could see Shawn Williams being next....Especially if they are able to get a guy like Duggar or Chinn as the future to develop behind Bell.  

I'm no capologist, but I could see them trading Andy to Jax for a 6th round pick (better than nothing) and after releasing Dre, they should have more than enough money to extend Mixon and still more than cover the rookies.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 04:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: With Dre gone, I could see Shawn Williams being next....Especially if they are able to get a guy like Duggar or Chinn as the future to develop behind Bell.  

I'm no capologist, but I could see them trading Andy to Jax for a 6th round pick (better than nothing) and after releasing Dre, they should have more than enough money to extend Mixon and still more than cover the rookies.  

Wait... Dre is gone? Didn't see this, expected it but haven't seen it yet?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 09:39 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I think if we have a decent draft this team might get to around the .500 mark (or possibly better if we win a few close ones)

Thinking the same as long as we can stay reasonably healthy and the coaches and namely play calling improve.

(03-31-2020, 10:32 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: As much as we need LBs, there is also a need at WR.  The more I think about AJ and Ross, the more I think the second round pick might be a good spot to land a stud WR if one is available.

There should be many stud WR's at 33...

Claypool is who I am leaning towards the closer we get to the Draft.
Reply/Quote