Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a tough season
It certainly was a brutal season for both of us. I hope we both bounce back next year. What was the issues in Cincy this year? Merry Christmas to you guys! I hope you guys have a good one.
Reply/Quote
its not the best teams that go to the playoffs its the healthiest.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure. I think it's the hottest teams going into the tournament.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:12 PM)impactplaya Wrote: its not the best teams that go to the playoffs its the healthiest.

The year the Packers won the Super Bowl...they had a ton of major injuries.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:12 PM)impactplaya Wrote: its not the best teams that go to the playoffs its the healthiest.

Even when 100% healthy, we have a bottom 5 offensive line and probably the worst group of LB's in the NFL.

Our TE play was predicated on a guy who played over 8 games exactly TWICE in 6 years.

AJ Green has now played over 10 games ONCE in the past 3 years.

We have the 8th pick in the draft as our #3 WR...but he didn't fill in capably for Green.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The year the Packers won the Super Bowl...they had a ton of major injuries.

Last year Philly won the SB with a backup QB too. The 9-7 Cardinals got to the SB in 2008 and were not that good of a team.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:28 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Last year Philly won the SB with a backup QB too. The 9-7 Cardinals got to the SB in 2008 and were not that good of a team.

Yep. A lot of it is a team catching fire at the right time. Some of it is good coaching. Some is having career years from a bunch of players. Some is resiliency.

But hey...we haven't won a playoff game in 27 years because of bad luck! An extra bounce here or there...
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:00 PM)packerbacker Wrote: It certainly was a brutal season for both of us. I hope we both bounce back next year. What was the issues in Cincy this year? Merry Christmas to you guys! I hope you guys have a good one.

Yeah, brutal is an apt word for it.

The issues with the Bengals were:

1. Losing Eifert, but we always lose Eifert.
2. Losing AJ Green, Andy's security blanket.
3. Mediocre Marv is just mediocre when he has all his pieces. With issues 1 and 2 above, he's Pitiful Marv.
4. We've had other injuries than the two above, but none were season killers like those two. Team has gone 1-5 without these two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The year the Packers won the Super Bowl...they had a ton of major injuries.

who was the Packers QB that year?
it wasnt Don Majkowski was it?
Lynn Dickey?
nope it was future HOF A.Rodgers.
A HOF QB can help stabllize a roster even with guys on the IR. 
every team has injuries.
but season ending injuries have more impact on the roster than a guy thats out for 3 to 5 games then hes back on the field.
Reply/Quote
Witness the Colts immediate decline when Manning left.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Injuries piled up but this team has no depth no coaching and poor ownership let’s not blame health for the main reason we’ve collapsed we were already on a downfall before green and Andy went down this defense was a joke. We’ve been better since Austin got fired but this team was never a legit contender
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Bad conditioning and poor coaching techniques lead to injuries. Although there are a few exceptions but this is how I see it. I hold a coach responsible for overwhelming injury counts on a team. Also, our team medical staff is a joke. When’s the last time they predicted a 2 week return that didn’t take 4-6 or even season ending? They’re probably cheap though.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 05:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: who was the Packers QB that year?
it wasnt Don Majkowski was it?
Lynn Dickey?
nope it was future HOF A.Rodgers.
A HOF QB can help stabllize a roster even with guys on the IR. 
every team has injuries.
but season ending injuries have more impact on the roster than a guy thats out for 3 to 5 games then hes back on the field.

They had 15 guys on IR! 15! In the SB, they were down to 8 of their 22 preferred starters!

Without Driver (ankle) and Woodson, the Packers were down eight of their 22 preferred starters. Tight end Jermichael Finley, tackle Mark Tauscher, running back Ryan Grant, inside linebacker Nick Barnett, outside linebacker Brad Jones and strong safety Morgan Burnett were among 15 players on injured reserve.

Dealing with injuries became a way of life. In the regular season, the Packers had 12 starters miss a total of 86 games and 31 players miss a total of 180 games.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/02/01/feb-6-2011-packers-survive-injuries-beat-steelers-super-bowl-xlv/1085265001/
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even when 100% healthy, we have a bottom 5 offensive line and probably the worst group of LB's in the NFL.

Our TE play was predicated on a guy who played over 8 games exactly TWICE in 6 years.

AJ Green has now played over 10 games ONCE in the past 3 years.

We have the 8th pick in the draft as our #3 WR...but he didn't fill in capably for Green.

Exactly. We were built to fail even before the injuries. Some of us called it out at the outset, some of us were realists (see Fred, this is how it works) that knew the team would continue to flounder.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:00 PM)packerbacker Wrote: It certainly was a brutal season for both of us. I hope we both bounce back next year. What was the issues in Cincy this year? Merry Christmas to you guys! I hope you guys have a good one.

hell we might just trade coaches lol
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 12:19 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Exactly. We were built to fail even before the injuries. Some of us called it out at the outset, some of us were realists (see Fred, this is how it works) that knew the team would continue to flounder.

we had 3 capable TEs to start the season.   We were 4-1 before the injuries started to pile up..

Its nice the season unfolded in a way that you feel you called...  but this team was doing pretty decent to start. then the wheels came off
Reply/Quote

We had a terrible Defensive Coordinator you might know of in Teryl Austin and then injuries hit like crazy.

Plus Marv is just not a good Head Coach, would much rather have the guy you guys just fired.

Merry Christmas to you too PB! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 01:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we had 3 capable TEs to start the season.   We were 4-1 before the injuries started to pile up..

Its nice the season unfolded in a way that you feel you called...  but this team was doing pretty decent to start. then the wheels came off

The wheels have been coming off for 3 seasons in a row though. At some point the person in charge of the wheels, fixing the wheels, getting rid of broken wheels, bringing in shiny new wheels, etc need to be changed out.

Reply/Quote

Pretty sure the Eagles had 20 guys on IR last year...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 04:17 PM)jason Wrote: Pretty sure the Eagles had 20 guys on IR last year...

And the Patriots have injury laden seasons all the time and still make the Playoffs every year and win SB's.

The difference is obvious here, we cannot overcome the injuries cause our coaches cannot coach up the backups.
Reply/Quote