Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about Calais Campbell?
We still need some help on the D line after losing Ogunjobi. I know Campbell is getting toward the end of his career but he still plays very good football. Even a 1 year contract would help this defense.

Im not that big a fan of Reed and hope the Bengals dont sign him for the D line.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:53 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: We still need some help on the D line after losing Ogunjobi.  I know Campbell is getting toward the end of his career but he still plays very good football.   Even a 1 year contract would help this defense.

Im not that big a fan of Reed and hope the Bengals dont sign him for the D line.

Would prefer youth but Calais might still have something in him. Not against it that is for sure.

This just seems like what the Bengals of old would do. Sign a previously great player to the team right before they fall off a cliff.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would prefer youth but Calais might still have something in him. Not against it that is for sure.

This just seems like what the Bengals of old would do. Sign a previously great player to the team right before they fall off a cliff.

That's why you only give him a contract for 1 year or 2 years if the second year is easy for the Bengals to opt out of.  If you look at his PFF grade, he still played at a very good level last year.  I would rather take a chance on Campbell still playing at a high level than Jarran Reed who has never played at that elite level. Although I guess some of it comes down to cap hit.
Reply/Quote
Would guess anyone else on the DL is going to be a rookie.

Bengals have 2 of the top 20 paid DEs and 2 of the top 20 paid DTs on their DL now. Anyone else is likely going to have to be rookie contracts or close to vet minimum guys.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That's why you only give him a contract for 1 year or 2 years if the second year is easy for the Bengals to opt out of.  If you look at his PFF grade, he still played at a very good level last year.  I would rather take a chance on Campbell still playing at a high level than Jarran Reed who has never played at that elite level.  Although I guess some of it comes down to cap hit.

Yes, comes down to cap hit. 

Not going to say I am against bringing in Calais Campbell. I think this would be a foolish thing to say.

(03-21-2022, 09:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would guess anyone else on the DL is going to be a rookie.

Bengals have 2 of the top 20 paid DEs and 2 of the top 20 paid DTs on their DL now. Anyone else is likely going to have to be rookie contracts or close to vet minimum guys.

Which is nice considering this Draft has a lot of talent on the DL that we can find early to the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote