Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about that D ?
I don't have all the stats yet but I can say without hesitation that was one of the better games I've seen our D play in quite some time.

Vigil had back to back stops, Hubbard couple sacks, Dunlap sack I think ? Seattle isn't exactly an offensive powerhouse but still on the road and after as bad as they've been past couple seasons.

I'm pumped !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wasn’t it wonderful to see tackling instead of flailing and reaching?
Reply/Quote
Other than the stupid penalty by Kirk and some miscues, the defense by Lou looked great.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Felt like the D-line tired out as the game went on (they were beastly at the start), but that should iron itself out in a couple of weeks.

Even Andrews Billings was getting great pressure in the first half.
Reply/Quote
I think the pass rush will be even more proficient when we aren't playing such a run heavy team. Need to get Lawson going. Dunlap looked rejuvenated.
Reply/Quote
There were a couple fubars for sure. But I feel better about our D moving forward than I've felt in a long, long time.

I'd venture to say Kirkpatrick gets a "talk" in the not to distant future.
Reply/Quote
Did Lawson get any pressures today ?
Reply/Quote
Dunlap and hubbard were fantastic. The rest of the others were good they just stood out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Dre's penalty I feel wasn't warranted.

He was shoved to the ground and no penalty is called then?

If they were toe to toe and shoving, then DEFINITELY, the second guy gets the penalty.

But there should've been offsetting PFs there.

Anyways, that would've made it 3rd and... 3? Who's to say they don't run the play they did, the very next play? (the bomb to Metcalf).

He played super-well the rest of the game, though he does need to keep his cool.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
For what this D was last year, I have to say I’m pumped with what Lou has done. It’s essentially the same players on D and its night and day from last year.

One thing I noticed is how well disciplined the DEs played. Seattle’s line kept rolling one way and Wilson would roll out the other way, but he was always met by one of our DEs. Reassuring to see them play well in a tough environment.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:08 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Did Lawson get any pressures today ?

I don't know but Hubbard was too damn good to take off the field.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Gotta say too; Pistons was talking shit all offseason, the pundits don't know shit about our team anyways, but we know this team intimately and we know their capabilities, especially since the core defense has remained the same since 2014ish; WE KNOW Austin was the problem last year.

I need to ask, did anyone REALLY expect us to be absolutely terrible? We've seen these same guys (and some worse) rank as high as 2nd in defense, recently too.

I'm an optimistic guy, but I expect them to be near lights-out for the rest of the year and I never doubted their abilities for a second.

It has only been one game, but I expect a top 15 year (ranks-wise) for our D.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dre's penalty I feel wasn't warranted.

He was shoved to the ground and no penalty is called then?

If they were toe to toe and shoving, then DEFINITELY, the second guy gets the penalty.

But there should've been offsetting PFs there.

Anyways, that would've made it 3rd and... 3? Who's to say they don't run the play they did, the very next play? (the bomb to Metcalf).

He played super-well the rest of the game, though he does need to keep his cool.

I agree Truck

But he's got to keep his cool, has to
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know but Hubbard was too damn good to take off the field.
Yeah, I'm gonna repeat what my uncle told me.

One of the plays when he was taken off the field, jordan willis didnt hold contain, and Willson was able to roll out to his right and threw that td to Lockett.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:13 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: For what this D was last year, I have to say I’m pumped with what Lou has done. It’s essentially the same players on D and its night and day from last year.

One thing I noticed is how well disciplined the DEs played. Seattle’s line kept rolling one way and Wilson would roll out the other way, but he was always met by one of our DEs. Reassuring to see them play well in a tough environment.

I couldn't tell you how many times last season and even the season before they looked lost and uninspired.

Never seen that once today.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Gotta say too; Pistons was talking shit all offseason, the pundits don't know shit about our team anyways, but we know this team intimately and we know their capabilities, especially since the core defense has remained the same since 2014ish; WE KNOW Austin was the problem last year.

I need to ask, did anyone REALLY expect us to be absolutely terrible? We've seen these same guys (and some worse) rank as high as 2nd in defense, recently too.

I'm an optimistic guy, but I expect them to be near lights-out for the rest of the year and I never doubted their abilities for a second.

It has only been one game, but I expect a top 15 year (ranks-wise) for our D.

:andy: :andy: :andy:

I didn't expect us to be terrible. But to be honest I expected more growing pains. Now I'm anxious to see the defense take the field. It's been quite some time since I've said that.

Now I'm not thinking all 85 Bears crazy, but I think this D will jump up many spots this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree Truck

But he's got to keep his cool, has to

Agree 100%

(09-08-2019, 10:18 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Yeah, I'm gonna repeat what my uncle told me.

One of the plays when he was taken off the field, jordan willis didnt hold contain, and Willson was able to roll out to his right and threw that td to Lockett.

Willis was inactive.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Agree 100%

Willis was inactive.
72 then. For some reason I thought that was willis.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: :andy: :andy: :andy:

I didn't expect us to be terrible. But to be honest I expected more growing pains. Now I'm anxious to see the defense take the field. It's been quite some time since I've said that.

Now I'm not thinking all 85 Bears crazy, but I think this D will jump up many spots this season.

Correct; I see at least a jump to middle of the pack.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:26 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: 72 then. For some reason I thought that was willis.

Wynn.

Wynn had a good game though; he drew a holding penalty (and had GREAT contain on that play) and got in the backfield a few times, just missing a sack (which Hubbard got, I believe).
Reply/Quote