Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about that D ?
Brown was solid and he put us in alignment well before snap
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:26 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: 72 then. For some reason I thought that was willis.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brown ?

Wynn
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wynn.

Wynn had a good game though; he drew a holding penalty (and had GREAT contain on that play) and got in the backfield a few times, just missing a sack (which Hubbard got, I believe).
The d line as a whole played fantastic. Just that 1 play we didnt have outside contain and it cost us unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Dunlap, Atkins, and Hubbard looked great. Atkins didn't get sacks, but man does he flush the QB to guys who do.

IF Lawson gets going...our defense could be special.

Brown and Vigil looked decent too.

The secondary was the weakest link today. Not that they were terrible. Just not as stellar as the front 6/7.
Reply/Quote
WJax twice had to turn his head/get an arm up (and didn't) and even though it was more on Bates, he WAS Lockett's man on the TD.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Gotta say too; Pistons was talking shit all offseason, the pundits don't know shit about our team anyways, but we know this team intimately and we know their capabilities, especially since the core defense has remained the same since 2014ish; WE KNOW Austin was the problem last year.

I need to ask, did anyone REALLY expect us to be absolutely terrible? We've seen these same guys (and some worse) rank as high as 2nd in defense, recently too.

I'm an optimistic guy, but I expect them to be near lights-out for the rest of the year and I never doubted their abilities for a second.

It has only been one game, but I expect a top 15 year (ranks-wise) for our D.

I gotta admit Truck....I thought Carson would punish us. I felt good about the O, but wary of the D. They way outplayed my expectations. Now, that's not to say I didn't expect improvement, but this much better than I anticipated. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:13 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: For what this D was last year, I have to say I’m pumped with what Lou has done. It’s essentially the same players on D and its night and day from last year.

One thing I noticed is how well disciplined the DEs played. Seattle’s line kept rolling one way and Wilson would roll out the other way, but he was always met by one of our DEs. Reassuring to see them play well in a tough environment.

That was the thing that impressed me most about them today.... discipline.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote