Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the chances?
Do the Reds have a chance to make the playoffs this year or is it too late? If they continue to play good ball, I think they can eek in as a wildcard team. Doubt it happens, but you never know. The Reds look like a decent team of late.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
No chance. Not enough starting pitching.
Reply/Quote
Gotta agree with Fred. No chance. They would almost have to win out.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 06:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Gotta agree with Fred. No chance. They would almost have to win out.

yup,

They just don't have the pitching
Reply/Quote
Agree with Fred, pitching is still a problem. Let's admit it Bailey needs to hit the market and get what we can from him!

PS. what we can get FOR him!
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 04:11 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Do the Reds have a chance to make the playoffs this year or is it too late? If they continue to play good ball, I think they can eek in as a wildcard team. Doubt it happens, but you never know. The Reds look like a decent team of late.

Yes, they have a chance.  Nobody in the division is setting the world on fire.  They might not have great starting pitching, though it is getting better, but their bats and their bullpen make up for it.  I say do not write them off just yet.  Right now, they look like a team that can beat anybody.  12.5 games back.  Not impossible.  Stay tuned.  The Brewers will not win the division.  This is their MO--rock the first half of the year and shit the bed the second.  They won't have to be overtaken because they will come back to the pack.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Tonight proves once again that it's not just that they're winning. It's just so damn much fun to watch. Clutch hits out the wazoo, everybody on the team contributing. Eight different guys have grand slams.

I don't know if it's the Skipper or what but these guys are on a roll.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Even 1 out of 1000 is a chance. It's not a very good chance, but who knows, maybe Milwaukee, Chicago, St Louis and Pittsburgh will all suddenly fall completely off the map.
MAYBE my 4th grade fantasy of every competitors planes will crash enroute to their games  .
Yup, I used to have the fantasy that the Dodgers plane would either crash or get hijacked to Cuba . Neither actually occurred. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote