Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the chances.....
(10-11-2016, 05:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: -0-

and I'm being nice.
This...

They simply don't score enough to beat NE. Throw all the other minutia out. It's about scoring more points than the other team... No chance.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
lol the Bengals won't be able to guard Bennett and Gronk...Also you have the GOAT playing QB for the Patriots
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals can't cover one TE, and the Patriots have two, being thrown to by Tom Brady.

They combined for like 180 yards and 3 TD last week. They will likely crush that this week. None of the Bengals safeties or linebackers are good in coverage. They let Nelson go, and Burfict doesn't look himself yet.

With the way Prescott was able to pick them apart by throwing underneath, Brady is going to have a field day.  Between the two tight ends and Edelman chances are this gets ugly.

Anyone who is looking to this game to turn things will most likely be disappointed.  The Patriots don't lose at home, Brady is on a mission, and that crowd is going to be beyond fired up.  Belichick is a master at taking away your best weapon, so Green will be surrounded the entire day.  This my friends has all the makings of a beat down.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:14 PM)corpjet Wrote: we come out this weekend and beat the Patriots?  Would your opinion change of our current situation?  

We all know stranger things have happened but what if we defeat the NFLs Golden Boy Tom Brady on his Homecoming!

Hilarious

If we came out and won against NE then our current situation would be changed, so I'd have a different opinion about it.

Winning this week doesn't change the fact that we sucked last week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:23 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: With the way Prescott was able to pick them apart by throwing underneath, Brady is going to have a field day.  Between the two tight ends and Edelman chances are this gets ugly.

Anyone who is looking to this game to turn things will most likely be disappointed.  The Patriots don't lose at home, Brady is on a mission, and that crowd is going to be beyond fired up.  Belichick is a master at taking away your best weapon, so Green will be surrounded the entire day.  This my friends has all the makings of a beat down.

Nah, according to some posts I've read around here this week.....it's all on Andy.  No receivers open?  No problem, either run it, or MAKE them get open.  No run game?  Run it for them Andy, come on man.  No blocking up front?  Lower your shoulder and truck them Andy.  We will win, 14 will break the single game rushing record and hit 330 yds into triple coverage all day long.  After all, that's what the good ones do every Sunday. Ninja

LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Slim to none, and Slim just left town.

We have a winner! Johnny, what has he won? 

Wyche's Warrior gets a year supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat. Congratulations! 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:34 AM)xxlt Wrote: We have a winner! Johnny, what has he won? 

Wyche's Warrior gets a year supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat. Congratulations! 

Yay! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: Nah, according to some posts I've read around here this week.....it's all on Andy.  No receivers open?  No problem, either run it, or MAKE them get open.  No run game?  Run it for them Andy, come on man.  No blocking up front?  Lower your shoulder and truck them Andy.  We will win, 14 will break the single game rushing record and hit 330 yds into triple coverage all day long.  After all, that's what the good ones do every Sunday. Ninja

LMAO

Don't forget how worthless Green is for not having 200 receiving yards, against double coverage, every single week.  I really think we should trade Andy, AJ, and of course McCarron, for a bunch of extra draft picks... we can stock up now and rule the NFL in five years Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:39 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Don't forget how worthless Green is for not having 200 receiving yards, against double coverage, every single week.  I really think we should trade Andy, AJ, and of course McCarron, for a bunch of extra draft picks... we can stock up now and rule the NFL in five years Ninja

You sure you don't want to just trade AJ and Andy, keep McCarron and rule the league NOW?  Cause.....you know......Roll Damn Tide. LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: You sure you don't want to just trade AJ and Andy, keep McCarron and rule the league NOW?  Cause.....you know......Roll Damn Tide. LMAO

I actually like McCarron, but screw him... this is about the future.  What this team really needs is a couple extra first round picks so that we can stockpile some extra cornerbacks (according to Hobson every year, you can NEVER have too many).  Draft a couple cornerbacks, then have Eifert sign the largest contract ever for a tight end (the signing will take place from his hospital bed), immediately cut Whitworth.  Is there anything else I am missing?
Reply/Quote
-0-

The real question should be what are the chances we can avoid losing by 21.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If I wasn't a Bengals fan I'd put $1000 on the Patriots only giving 9.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:52 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If I wasn't a Bengals fan I'd put $1000 on the Patriots only giving 9.

Two problems... one, you're assuming we will cross the 50 three times.  Second, you're assuming Nugent will make all three field goal attempts?
Reply/Quote
On Sep 21 2014 the Pats suffered an embarassing loss on the road. The 2 win team limped into a matchup against an undefeated AFC foe. They won the game by 26 points and went on to only lose 2 more games the rest of the season.

Last Sunday the Bengals suffered an embarassing loss on the road. The 2 win Bengals limp into against a 1 lose AFC foe. I see us wining in dominating fashion.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It would certainly give ammo to Freds "Marvin is just as good as Belicheck" stance Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:54 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Two problems... one, you're assuming we will cross the 50 three times.  Second, you're assuming Nugent will make all three field goal attempts?

No. I'd take the patriots. My bad, I wasn't very clear. The line is Bengals +9.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:47 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I actually like McCarron, but screw him... this is about the future.  What this team really needs is a couple extra first round picks so that we can stockpile some extra cornerbacks (according to Hobson every year, you can NEVER have too many).  Draft a couple cornerbacks, then have Eifert sign the largest contract ever for a tight end (the signing will take place from his hospital bed), immediately cut Whitworth.  Is there anything else I am missing?

Nope, that should about cover it.....well.....just axe Burfict while we're at it.

Reply/Quote
I don't think there really is any chance.  It's going to be very weird watching this team slip to 2-4 and our chances of making the playoffs practically vanish before our eyes this weekend.  We've been competitive for so long now (even though we've lost all our playoff games), that I just don't know how'll I'll react after Sunday.   Probably just laughing with my buddies and sharing stories about Scott Mitchell.

But what if they win?  Holy shit!  We'll have to just tune in to find out!  Shocked
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
My recipe for the defense is:
1) Pressure Brady with the front 4 (easier said than done), and don't over-ultilize blitzes.
2) Get safeties involved A) in the box to help against the run and cover tight ends, and B) in bracket coverage with LBs on the tight ends.  Take your chances with corners covering the outside receivers without help.
3) Don't let Maualuga get torched in coverage or overpursue on running plays.

On offense:
1) Give Ogbuehi help with either a tight end, chipping with a RB, or even an extra lineman.
2) Don't give up on the run if we get behind, and don't give up on the short passing game against man coverage.
3) Realize that as an underdog we have to take some chances, so don't necessarily punt on 4th down on the Patriots' 40 yard line.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:47 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I actually like McCarron, but screw him... this is about the future.  What this team really needs is a couple extra first round picks so that we can stockpile some extra cornerbacks (according to Hobson every year, you can NEVER have too many).  Draft a couple cornerbacks, then have Eifert sign the largest contract ever for a tight end (the signing will take place from his hospital bed), immediately cut Whitworth.  Is there anything else I am missing?
Keep feeding Hill. He can't get in a rythem if you don't. You can't abandon the run.... Feed that man.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote