Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you guys doing this weekend?
anything exciting?

old lady is coming over tonight for dinner. probably going to crush a bottle of red if she wants to drink. if not I'll tilt back a couple of bourbons and we'll watch the last walking dead, as she has yet to see it.

tomorrow at noon I'll be watching PSU vs M at noon. then we'll probably head downtown to see the xmas lights and crap like that at the xmas market and city hall.

Sunday, she is going to the gourmet food and wine show with a gf of hers. I'll head to the sports bar to watch the 1 o'clocks with the guys.

the show is fun because buffalo trace has a booth there so i had a rocking good time last year. but now i only drink hard alcohol on non school nights (i'm 41 btw) and her tix were for a Sunday so i passed.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 05:38 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: anything exciting?

old lady is coming over tonight for dinner.  probably going to crush a bottle of red if she wants to drink.  if not I'll tilt back a couple of bourbons and we'll watch the last walking dead, as she has yet to see it.

tomorrow at noon I'll be watching PSU vs M at noon.  then we'll probably head downtown to see the xmas lights and crap like that at the xmas market and city hall.

Sunday, she is going to the gourmet food and wine show with a gf of hers.  I'll head to the sports bar to watch the 1 o'clocks with the guys.  

the show is fun because buffalo trace has a booth there so i had a rocking good time last year.  but now i only drink hard alcohol on non school nights (i'm 41 btw) and her tix were for a Sunday so i passed.

As of 1 hour ago...sitting on my rump, in the recliner, all weekend watching sports and typing mindless drivel on bengalsboar.icyboards.net and thebengalsboard.com. 

First order of business will be watching UK in 40 minutes.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Work in the morning...rear brakes on my truck after....smoked wild caught salmon for dinner...a few coldies and some Rook while watching the college games. Then recovery Sunday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Work. I might try to go disc golfing before work tomorrow if I get to bed here in about an hour or so. Or I might just sleep for 13 hours until it's time to go to work. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 10:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Work in the morning...rear brakes on my truck after....smoked wild caught salmon for dinner...a few coldies and some Rook while watching the college games.  Then recovery Sunday.

So i did the front brakes on my gf's town and country about 3 weeks ago.  I was in a hurry so I just used one of my old factory dealer jacks from my old Saturn VUE.

Well silly me forgot to let off the emergency brake....so while I had it jacked up and saw the brake pads were really in there, I went over and released the emergency brake.....and....BAM

van adjusts a little bit and falls on the rotar.  Oh i was so mad.

Fortunately i jacked it back up and this time put the wheel stops on and the emergency jack thingys in place....and drove the car around...no apparent damage.

Yep...smh
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Work Saturday but off on Sunday. No plans as of yet.
Reply/Quote
Last weekend we stayed at a farm B&B in the Blue Ridge Mountains that serves as an animal rescue.  Agritourism . . . I suppose is the popular term.  Next weekend we be in Charleston, SC for Thanksgiving.  

So I hope this weekend we can stay home and I won't hemorrhage any more money.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 02:22 AM)basballguy Wrote: So i did the front brakes on my gf's town and country about 3 weeks ago.  I was in a hurry so I just used one of my old factory dealer jacks from my old Saturn VUE.

Well silly me forgot to let off the emergency brake....so while I had it jacked up and saw the brake pads were really in there, I went over and released the emergency brake.....and....BAM

van adjusts a little bit and falls on the rotar.  Oh i was so mad.

Fortunately i jacked it back up and this time put the wheel stops on and the emergency jack thingys in place....and drove the car around...no apparent damage.

Yep...smh

LOL....lucky you didn't warp the rotor.  Don't feel bad man....during my pot smoking days , I was doing the brakes on my CRX. I forgot to put the caliper back on one side.  I always pump the pedal while the car is still on jacks in case something isn't right.  Anyway , as I said , one caliper was still resting on the control arm with pads in it.  I pumped the brakes , and before I remembered what had happened , I had blown the piston completely out of the caliper.  Fortunately , I was able to get it back in without damaging the seal.  No more spliffs while wrenching after that one. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 10:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Last weekend we stayed at a farm B&B in the Blue Ridge Mountains that serves as an animal rescue.  Agritourism . . . I suppose is the popular term.  Next weekend we be in Charleston, SC for Thanksgiving.  

what part of Charleston?...I live on Johns Island and have family on James Island.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 01:54 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: what part of Charleston?...I live on Johns Island and have family on James Island.

Goose Creek
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 10:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Last weekend we stayed at a farm B&B in the Blue Ridge Mountains that serves as an animal rescue.  Agritourism . . . I suppose is the popular term.  Next weekend we be in Charleston, SC for Thanksgiving.  

So visited family in Charleston last weekend.  Went to high school football game-pretty good.  Went to see Pixar's The Good Dinosaur.  It was good, but at one point the dinosaur and the boy are hallucinating on fermented fruit.  I was like, "OMG, they're tripping."  Didn't expect to have that conversation with my 10 year old daughter and her friend.  Visited Patriots Point with the USS Yorktown and the MOH museum.  A visited A Lowcountry Christmas which I give a C.  If you have kids 10 or older they probably aren't going to be into it.

This weekend: Christmas decorating and work Christmas party.  Daughter went to Bday party yesterday and too tired to see hockey game like we planned.  Fine with me because I watched college football.

I have shoulder surgery this Wednesday, so next weekend I expect to be whining like a little girl.
Reply/Quote
Colonoscopy in the morning, so guess what I'm doing tonight?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 04:50 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Colonoscopy in the morning, so guess what I'm doing tonight?

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html

Quote:The instructions for MoviPrep, clearly written by somebody with a great sense of humor, state that after you drink it, ''a loose watery bowel movement may result.'' This is kind of like saying that after you jump off your roof, you may experience contact with the ground.

MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don't want to be too graphic, here, but: Have you ever seen a space shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you wish the commode had a seat belt. You spend several hours pretty much confined to the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything. And then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink another liter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten yet.

Reply/Quote
I'm trying not to think about it. Got to start with the pill regime @ 6:00 pm.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 04:50 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Colonoscopy in the morning, so guess what I'm doing tonight?

Going to dinner with the doc?
Reply/Quote
I went to a children's choir Christmas concert last night then picked up some Indian food, went home and watched White Christmas. Good times.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 09:52 AM)Belsnickel Wrote:  went home and watched White Christmas.

Racist.
Reply/Quote
Well, I lived thru it & have no worries. Doc said everything was normal & come back in 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 06:35 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Well, I lived thru it & have no worries. Doc said everything was normal & come back in 10 years.

I not looking forward to being in a sling for 6 weeks, but now maybe it won't be so bad compared to what you had to go through.
Reply/Quote
I'm running old Raids to make gold to buy game time for WoW.

And it's Monday night and I'm still going, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote