Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you hoping to see tonight against WFT
(08-20-2021, 07:39 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'll be curious what WRs continue to make plays and look like they'll be the 5th and 6th.  I know Mike Thomas had the fumble last week and I feel like we know what we got in him by now but he looked quick to me last week. I'm hoping Irwin makes some more plays and gets a chance to return punts after one preseason game I'd prefer him over Trent Taylor.
Also hopefully Moss continues to make some plays and separate himself as the 3rd TE. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I think some wins will be a little sweeter if we can take a few short breaks a game and see a smiling Randy Moss in the stands.

That sure was an exciting couple series for Mike Thomas last week lol

He does look really fast.

Trent Irwin played great we will see if he can continue that.

Think Moss makes the team, He is just more athletic than Sample with quicker, crisper routes and he has chemistry with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 07:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You’ve basically just ensured one of these things will happen. Great going Faulk geez man!

Could be the opposite, we didn't mention the injuries as much last week and it went pretty damn well!
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Bengals are gonna run alot of wide zone concepts they did week one or if they will spread it out in week too and have some deeper pass sets.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:11 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I get your point and I guess you are trying to be funny.  I generally try to be somewhat nice here, but I slip up at times.  At this point your spamming such comments about the injury thing is just getting annoying, at least to me.  I find it dilutes the main conversation in this thread.  Just my 2 cents.

But do you hope that no bengals get hurt in tonights game? 

That's all i'm trying to find out.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals are gonna run alot of wide zone concepts they did week one or if they will spread it out in week too and have some deeper pass sets.

I don't know if it is a good idea against these tough fronts, but we should see some more inside zone I am sure.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No injuries is a given.

Apparently not because people keep citing it leading up to games. 

Baffling

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I want to see Zac relinquish to the OC the play calling duties for just 1 game in offense. Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know if it is a good idea against these tough fronts, but we should see some more inside zone I am sure.

Winning doesnt matter so it will be nice to see if the Offensive line can hold up with some vert sets instead of all the quick sets from last week.

This week will be about earning that starting spot on the interior line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Apparently not because people keep citing it leading up to games. 

Baffling

And it could be a jinx.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be the opposite, we didn't mention the injuries as much last week and it went pretty damn well!

Except that for all we know, Ossai could be out for the season. And for at least a week, the other guy that looked great, isn't playing this week. 

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals are gonna run alot of wide zone concepts they did week one or if they will spread it out in week too and have some deeper pass sets.

I think it will be a little less vanilla this week. 

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except that for all we know, Ossai could be out for the season. And for at least a week, the other guy that looked great, isn't playing this week. 

Ossai has a sore wrist and D'Ante probably just celebrated too much after his first game cause he is dehydrated.

Pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:20 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I want to see Zac relinquish to the OC the play calling duties for just 1 game in offense. Thank you.

Would you even know the difference?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 07:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No one get hurt.  That's really all I care about right now.

Same. The real work is what the coaches do this week after the game. 
Reply/Quote
Offense better running game and stretch the field with couple passes

Defense get off the field on 3rd down, solid LB play
Reply/Quote
I've been on these forums for close to 17 years and Every Time someone asks what you want to SEE in preseason there's always folks who say what they don't want to see.

Can we start a new tradition where we start threads that ask what you DON'T want to see.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
No injuries.
Continued improved play from the defense.
Interior offensive line jobs that are up for grabs..I want someone(s) to set themselves apart and earn them TONIGHT so next week’s final preseason game can be for bubble players and PS guys. Get your best 5 and let them practice as a unit ASAP, week 1 is not far off!
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except that for all we know, Ossai could be out for the season. And for at least a week, the other guy that looked great, isn't playing this week. 

I know its the NFL somewhat but thats another thing I really don't like about this coaching staff. AJ was had an outside chance to play week 1 in 2019 and he never played all year. Then Mixon last year was week to week if not day to day at one point then he's out 10 weeks( the remainder of the season). Now all they say about Ossai is they're still evaluating him. Give me a break you now darn well what the injury is just give us a vague timetable that actually holds water and move on. Because judging by the other injuries we might as well assume he's out for the year. Or better yet tell us the injury so the sports media can let us know a realistic timetable.
Reply/Quote
A catch from Chase three drops guy makes Ross look dependable. Joking but damn get your S**T together.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 07:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: During first team possessions, O-line doing well against Washington's nasty pass rush.  Also would like to see Chase make a big play or two.  The new kicker continuing to nail them, especially a 50+ yard field goal if the opportunity comes up.  Sample and Moss at TE catching a few passes.  Backup defense not giving up 3rd down plays like they did last week when they let Blaine Gabbert eat up almost an entire quarter.

You got what you wanted on that FG. Wow, this kid is the real deal. That 5th Rd pick is looking better and better. Split the uprights, probably good from 60.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote