Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What are you listening to? v2.0
(12-20-2020, 07:30 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: All of this BOC talk made me pop up their most Metal album they ever put out, 1998's Heaven Forbid.

I F#<%ING LOVE this entire album. Highlights? Tracks one through ten are my favorite. Top notch guitar work all throughout the CD.

Track 11, the live version of In Thee is merely good, the first ten are all great thus making it a perfect road trip album.

After this, I may need to listen to all of their new album again, I think it's outstanding. I might just have to add that to my Alice In Chains 'Facelift' vinyl waiting for me at our local record store.

well this whole album is missing from Spotify  how sad....

but to make people happy again..

Reply/Quote

have a great christmas

Reply/Quote
Listening to Mountain's "Climbing!" album in honor of the late great Leslie West who just passed away at age 75 from a heart attack. Underrated in many regards, they were a great band and Leslie was a great guitarist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 08:18 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That is frickin' amazing.  I saw Dio with Dokken back in the 80's in Saginaw Michigan.  Don't remember a lot about that concert, Lol.  But he is a dead ringer with those vocals.  NICE!

I saw them in 1984 in Anchorage when I was 17. I hear I had a good time.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 07:03 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I saw them in 1984 in Anchorage when I was 17. I hear I had a good time.

if you use spotify  check this little thing out...

https://in.mashable.com/tech/19190/how-bad-is-your-spotify-uses-an-ai-bot-to-ruthlessly-judge-your-taste-in-music

it cracked me up...   and made fun of me pretty hard for what i listen to too lol

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if you use spotify  check this little thing out...

https://in.mashable.com/tech/19190/how-bad-is-your-spotify-uses-an-ai-bot-to-ruthlessly-judge-your-taste-in-music

it cracked me up...   and made fun of me pretty hard for what i listen to too lol

I never got Spotify or Pandora. I run a non-profit radio station and we had to recently shut down our streaming for a short bit. We'll have it back up and running again as soon as possible, hopefully before the end of this month. Good Metallica song, btw. I'm still loving their latest album and I'm excited to hear that they are in writing mode for the new album. 

I didn't like these guys when I first heard them because I was a close minded Thrash freak at the time. Then about 12 years ago, I worked with a guy that, earlier in his life, all he listened to for over a three year period was Rammstein. He had never heard of them before until he saw them live in Holland while on vacation because a Dutch friend bought tickets and told him, "You NEED to see these guys. They are an incredible live band". The next day, he went out to every place he could find that sold CDs and bought almost everything they had released up to that time.

At first, I didn't think that they were great, I just knew that "They don't suck". Then some down time as they fell off the radar while going ten years between albums. When they released the video for 'Deutschland' in March of 2018(148 million views), I began reading up on them and really started becoming a fan. I'm completely blown away that it is still the same six guys since they formed in 1994. Being involved with music and bands for over 40 years and seeing how many small bands and great bands fell apart over drugs, ego or money(Van Halen anyone?) really puts their success into perspective. As pointed out by a buddy's girlfriend, the fact that they've been superstars for years that have always tried to make people uncomfortable . . . yet they have, somehow, stayed out of the tabloids is an impressive feat all by itself.

In 2012, they knew that they were going to take a break from each other at the end of the tour(guitarist Richard Kruspe says being in a band is like being in a 20 plus year marriage with no sex), so they planned for a great show to be filmed to be released five years down the road in 2017. I never saw any of it until recently and I can't get enough of this version of Du Hast. I love Metal, but most Metal bands sound like shit in arenas, not these guys. The crowd, the band, the pyrotechnics, the sound man . . . all of it, next level.
Best
Live
Production
I
Have
Ever
Seen

Fave moments

0:53 Crowd control. French crowd singing in German.
1:09 The bassist comes down from next to the drummer(barely shows him) and joins the 3rd repetition of the verse. It sounds so cool when he kicks in.
2:02 The keyboardist(yes he's on a treadmill) cues the female backing tracks "Ja"/"Yes" flames go up(positive) answering the marriage question/previous line "Will you be with her for all of your days?"
2:05 The band counters with "Nein!"/"No!" flames go down(negative)
2:25 Lightning fingers, mostly enhanced during post production but still very unique
2:41 Crowd again (singer yells "Sing it!" in French without the microphone)
3:23 Fireworks! Plus the three quick shots of the singer's silhouette with the fireworks behind him. . . just beautiful imagery.

If you know of a better live performance, I would LOVE to see it! There are tons of videos of people reacting to this song on YouTube. Here's the original video which has over 321 million views in just over 5 years.

Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
This is really cool, thanks for posting. Never been a fan, but I can appreciate that performance for sure. Couple of things in there I can’t tell if they were actually live or inserted in post production of the video.
Reply/Quote

Was trying to find uplifting songs today lol
Reply/Quote
This will make my day.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
HATED these guys when I was first getting into music. Now I find them soothing to listen to.

Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
when you hear it...

Reply/Quote
Just stumbled across this. Loved it in Talladega Nights

Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
My uncle Sherman performing in 1993. He recently passed away. He's greatly missed by many family friends and fans.

Reply/Quote
RIP Uncle Sherman

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
A Chicago Re-make

https://youtu.be/XEDatFQ3m98
Reply/Quote

I can visualize this scene just listening to the music. lol
Reply/Quote