Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What are you listening to? v2.0
Greta Van Fleet

Reminiscent of the early years of Zeppelin...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 10:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Greta Van Fleet

really like them... but mainly only cause they sound like Zeppelin
Reply/Quote
Every since I learned our brother Dave was the drummer for Ram Jam's "Black Betty", I listen to it a lot. Love watching the vid.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 09:17 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Every since I learned our brother Dave was the drummer for Ram Jam's "Black Betty", I listen to it a lot. Love watching the vid.
... and this answers my question lol, WOW!!!! I am in awe!

And I've been listening to a lot of P.O.D. lately; wonderful band with a wonderful message.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Nils Lofgren. His solo stuff is impressive. And he played Memorial Hall in Cincy not long ago. Anybody on here catch that show?
Drive By Truckers
What's so Funny About Peace Love and Los Straitjacketa. Their partnership with Nick Lowe is a musical miracle.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 10:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Greta Van Fleet

Biggest reason to NOT listen to them. I mean, I get it. They’re not bad and all but they’re nothing new, not even fresh. Kinda been there done that with them.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 03:04 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Biggest reason to NOT listen to them. I mean, I get it. They’re not bad and all but they’re nothing new, not even fresh. Kinda been there done that with them.

I look at it as having a few new LZ albums out...

WTS, I don't recommend seeing them live.  We caught them a few weeks ago headlining the DC 101 Kerfuffle at Merriweather Post.  They were good, and it is incredible to see their talent, but there is no change in tempo through the show.  Every song featured the singer's high notes, as opposed to choices that changed it up in style, range, etc.  Apparently that is a common theme with them live.  At the end of the day, Tom Morello stole the show, and he was third in the six band lineup...
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/i6g20TBYMPA
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2019, 08:48 AM)Goalpost Wrote: https://youtu.be/i6g20TBYMPA

Not bad considering she doesn't have the required 1000 piece drum kit
Reply/Quote
[Image: 197109xx_0555.jpg]

Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 12:51 PM)xxlt Wrote: Maria Muldaur - good blues

Stan Rogers - master story teller, folk legend: Home in Halifax and Coffee House to Concert Hall are both outstanding collections

The Cranberries - Dolores O'riordan's infectious voice and a kind of unique sound to the band too

The Ventures - surf rock

JD McPherson - Old school rock-a-billy from a new talent

Peter Gabriel - special talent backed by special talents

I like the blues,Walter Trout,Buddy Guy,and all the old blues guys, and of course hard and fast rock and roll.I am not a country music guy,but I can toloterate some of it.Give me blues AND rock and roll you can dance to.Oh yea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now hear this,I believe if they can fix the O-line before the season,I see us making the playoffs..Who else on here is bold enough to register that way of thinking?????? :andy: ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Chris Stapleton- A Drunkards Prayer
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/s4QL0L9fgbg
Reply/Quote

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Really digging

the Raconteurs new album Help us Stranger .....really like Jack Whites guitar work on it, Genius imo.

and Greta Van Fleet is overrated in my book except for Highway Tune and if you want a great new rock band closer to Zeppelin check out

Rival Sons new album Feral Roots, such a kick ass band.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Heard Sledgehammer the other day for the first time in years and it put me on a Peter Gabriel kick. Haven't listened to him in at least 20 years. Man, he was weird.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2019, 11:14 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I look at it as having a few new LZ albums out...

WTS, I don't recommend seeing them live.  We caught them a few weeks ago headlining the DC 101 Kerfuffle at Merriweather Post.  They were good, and it is incredible to see their talent, but there is no change in tempo through the show.  Every song featured the singer's high notes, as opposed to choices that changed it up in style, range, etc.  Apparently that is a common theme with them live.  At the end of the day, Tom Morello stole the show, and he was third in the six band lineup...

Tom Morello is a hard act to follow live... Saw him filling in in the E St. Band with Bruce Springsteen years ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Rock Workout Radio on IHeartRadio. Doing some 12oz curls.

Reply/Quote
Some Seger

https://youtu.be/R-J9R25Laog
Reply/Quote
Cranking some Candlebox

https://youtu.be/Y-LW6m0zX5A
Reply/Quote